Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

LABISTS Raspberry Pi 4 Starter Kit with 4GB RAM Board, 32GB Micro SD Card Noobs, 3A Power Supply with On/Off Switch, Coo

Dec 2, 2010
618 posts
968 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] LABISTS Raspberry Pi 4 Starter Kit with 4GB RAM Board, 32GB Micro SD Card Noobs, 3A Power Supply with On/Off Switch, Coo

Another Raspberry Pi deal - this time not a lightning deal and a 32GB micro sd card instead of 64. Note this is tax in as there is no tax.

What’s in the Box
1 X Raspberry Pi 4B Board
1 X 32GB Micro SD Card
2 X Micro HDMI to HDMI Cable
1 X MicroSD Card Reader
1 X 5.1V 3A USB-C Power Supply
1 X Pi 4 B Case
1 X Cooling Fan
3 X HeatSinks
1 X Screwdriver (one set of screws)
1 X Quick-Start Guide &1 X Service Card
Last edited by blackstaffer on Jan 27th, 2020 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
21 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2280 posts
1420 upvotes
Montreal
Just remember these two:
- problematic case
- noisy fan

other than that, it's great!
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I purchased the 2GB version of the same kit for $103 two weeks ago and I found the raspi4 board fits perfectly in their case, but I totally agree about the noisy fan. I have it disconnected for now as what I'm temporarily using this for (HOOBS) doesn't tax the CPU much at all.
Jul 17, 2011
66 posts
65 upvotes
Mississauga
How much are you saving buying this as a package vs buying them separately? I have a few of those items already lying around
May 26, 2006
158 posts
111 upvotes
williamsauga wrote: Just remember these two:
- problematic case
- noisy fan

100% on this. If you already have all the other accessories, this deal is not worthy it as the case is completely unusable (power plug won’t stay in) and the fan sounds like a lawn mower.
Dec 2, 2010
618 posts
968 upvotes
Toronto
cFoo wrote: 100% on this. If you already have all the other accessories, this deal is not worthy it as the case is completely unusable (power plug won’t stay in) and the fan sounds like a lawn mower.
Good thing is with buying from Amazon - you can just return it if the case turns out to be defective.
Feb 27, 2018
8 posts
4 upvotes
Doh, just got this deliverd yesterday at friday's price :(. Can also confirm that the case is crap (ports don't align) and the fan is quite loud.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
13239 posts
12067 upvotes
Toronto
The accessories are mostly cheap Chinese parts, not sure if I even trust the SD card is genuine SanDisk. Best to buy the board and spend a little more on a quality case and PSU.
Sep 18, 2012
246 posts
346 upvotes
Quebec City
zobblplatz wrote: I greatly prefer the non Kodi edition.
The "stock grey one" is not available right now (at a good price) on Amazon.ca.
Dec 2, 2010
618 posts
968 upvotes
Toronto
overtask wrote: Why not Jetson Nano for that price?
This is tax in and includes case and power supply. Jetson Nano is $139 right now from amazon and is just a board - add in the case and power supply and you come to $174. Not exactly comparable in price.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
3101 posts
3349 upvotes
Honestly any case other than a solid aluminum one doesn't make any sense. The newer raspberry pi chips require too much cooling. So just do it yourself and get a flirc case or the one above if you're adventurous, an official power supply, and any decent storage. The trash parts these bundles come with were sufficient for raspberry pi 1 and 2.
Feb 11, 2019
420 posts
457 upvotes
ON
blackstaffer wrote: This is tax in and includes case and power supply. Jetson Nano is $139 right now from amazon and is just a board - add in the case and power supply and you come to $174. Not exactly comparable in price.
It comes with a stand and carrier board, don't really need a case. Uses standard 5v 2a Micro B for power along with standard dp & hdmi i.e you don't actually need to get more stuff. Third party sellers on Amazon, other places have it closer to 120. Why overpay for a pi?
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2004
1409 posts
1561 upvotes
What about an ODROID-N2 4GB Ram with 12V 2A Power Adapter - $145

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/New-ODROID-N2-4 ... J03CH9kTRA

No case needed as the huge heatsink can stand on a flat surface ... but they're cheap anyways, like $10 ... and don't have to deal with noisy fan, but it can OC with one...

** EDIT: just realized no wifi on odroid, my bad **
Dec 19, 2010
986 posts
523 upvotes
I’d like to get into the Pi world and experiment with it with my son. But I don’t know where to begin. Is this good for a beginner? any good beginner tutorials to build some interesting projects with a 10 year old?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2018
9970 posts
40835 upvotes
williamsauga wrote: Just remember these two:
- problematic case
- noisy fan

If your fan works! Mine didn't, ended up returning :( I had bought the 4gb.
hi :)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)