Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

LABISTS Raspberry Pi 4 Starter Kit with 4GB RAM Board, 64GB Micro SD Card Noobs, 3A Power Supply with On/Off Switch, Coo

Oct 31, 2016
46 posts
49 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] LABISTS Raspberry Pi 4 Starter Kit with 4GB RAM Board, 64GB Micro SD Card Noobs, 3A Power Supply with On/Off Switch, Coo

LABISTS Raspberry Pi 4 Model B Starter Kit - A huge leap forward for Raspberry Pi

1 X Raspberry Pi 4B Board
1 X 64GB Micro SD Card
2 X Micro HDMI to HDMI Cable
1 X MicroSD Card Reader
1 X 5.1V 3A USB-C Power Supply
1 X Pi 4 B Case
1 X Cooling Fan
3 X HeatSinks
1 X Screwdriver (one set of screws)
1 X Quick-Start Guide &1 X Service Card
27 replies
Jan 29, 2004
500 posts
413 upvotes
This looks like a good deal, but I am hearing conflicting reports that power supply's that are not the official raspberry pi can give you issues, can anyone confirm?
Nov 6, 2018
237 posts
1023 upvotes
Solid price point

Pricing these out separately was about $145
Disclaimer: I am not an official spokesperson for Costco, just someone who loves it
Nov 6, 2018
237 posts
1023 upvotes
frenetic26 wrote: This looks like a good deal, but I am hearing conflicting reports that power supply's that are not the official raspberry pi can give you issues, can anyone confirm?
I've only played around with a handful of Rpis, but haven't had any issues linked to non official power supplies. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as it's output is sufficient, I think you're good
Disclaimer: I am not an official spokesperson for Costco, just someone who loves it
Dec 28, 2012
630 posts
542 upvotes
OTTAWA
Damn, over the holidays I picked up the equivalent canakit for 149.

This is fantastic deal and as we know Pis never go on "sale"
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1015 posts
448 upvotes
Is there a difference between the 4B?
Salesperson
Jan 29, 2004
500 posts
413 upvotes
CostcoIsBestco wrote: Solid price point

Pricing these out separately was about $145
According to the reviews, you may want to chip in for a better fan, this one is noisy apparently.
Jan 29, 2004
500 posts
413 upvotes
edmondt wrote: Is there a difference between the 4B?
I couldn't find any info on the existence of 4, I think the 4B is the default, the ad probably just forgot to mention it?
Jan 23, 2019
211 posts
182 upvotes
edmondt wrote: Is there a difference between the 4B?
If you look at the screenshots, on the box itself it says "Model B", so maybe the ad just forgot it indeed
Aug 8, 2014
161 posts
286 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I recently bought a similar kit for a couple dollars cheaper from AliExpress. Took about 2 weeks to arrive. Biggest difference was that the heatsink and fan for the the kit I got is much better and quieter (at least from what I've read about this one). My Pi idles at around 35 degrees. It's another option that might be worth looking into if you'd rather trade a longer delivery time for better thermal performance and quieter fan noise (and a slightly cheaper price, particularly if you want to replace the fan). There's a couple of kits I saw on Aliexpress that come with better cases, heatsinks, and fans for the same price. Otherwise, I'd say this is a pretty solid deal.
May 24, 2007
125 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
solidace wrote: I recently bought a similar kit for a couple dollars cheaper from AliExpress. Took about 2 weeks to arrive. Biggest difference was that the heatsink and fan for the the kit I got is much better and quieter (at least from what I've read about this one). My Pi idles at around 35 degrees. It's another option that might be worth looking into if you'd rather trade a longer delivery time for better thermal performance and quieter fan noise (and a slightly cheaper price, particularly if you want to replace the fan). There's a couple of kits I saw on Aliexpress that come with better cases, heatsinks, and fans for the same price. Otherwise, I'd say this is a pretty solid deal.
Can you provide the link to the one you bought from AliExpress.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
2280 posts
1420 upvotes
Montreal
solidace wrote: I recently bought a similar kit for a couple dollars cheaper from AliExpress. Took about 2 weeks to arrive. Biggest difference was that the heatsink and fan for the the kit I got is much better and quieter (at least from what I've read about this one). My Pi idles at around 35 degrees. It's another option that might be worth looking into if you'd rather trade a longer delivery time for better thermal performance and quieter fan noise (and a slightly cheaper price, particularly if you want to replace the fan). There's a couple of kits I saw on Aliexpress that come with better cases, heatsinks, and fans for the same price. Otherwise, I'd say this is a pretty solid deal.

Source?
Sep 19, 2010
148 posts
159 upvotes
I got this kit couple weeks ago. Everything is solid except the fan. It was so noisy that that I unplugged it right after turning it on. I don't need a fan for application (pi-hole), so it's all good.
Oct 1, 2017
328 posts
410 upvotes
mkaymakci wrote: I got this kit couple weeks ago. Everything is solid except the fan. It was so noisy that that I unplugged it right after turning it on. I don't need a fan for application (pi-hole), so it's all good.
Get a Flirc case. I run my 4B in one and it maxes out at 50C with a constant heavy torrent load.
Aug 8, 2014
161 posts
286 upvotes
Toronto, ON
williamsauga wrote:

Source?
jarik wrote: Can you provide the link to the one you bought from AliExpress.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000336926953.html
Bundle 1 was the kit I got. It was cheaper by about $3 when I bought it, but otherwise the same.
Last edited by solidace on Jan 21st, 2020 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2018
9970 posts
40841 upvotes
This good for Pi-hole?

Edit: Seems to be 100% claimed :(
i’m on the wait list hoping !!
hi :)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2018
9970 posts
40841 upvotes
Got one after being on the wait list :) thanks !
hi :)
Jul 15, 2009
525 posts
1213 upvotes
Toronto
NowJoJo wrote: This good for Pi-hole?
It's overkill. You could run PiHole on a PiZero with no performance issues (aside from slow admin interface because of log parsing). I'd grab a Pi 2B (for the ethernet port) if I wanted to use a PiHole.

It seems to me the infatuation with PiHole is mostly people looking for something to do with a Pi, and less about actually being useful or a sane value proposition. You could literally buy a $85 small-form-factor low-power PC off kijiji and use it as a pfsense/opnsense router turning it into a true gigabit enterprise-grade router with real active security (IDS/IPS), that does full DNS resolution & caching (including local DNSSEC validation) and full DNS & IP level ad/malware blocking--something that would cost enterprise $thousands.

For what it's worth, I use a Pi for kodi, flashing occasional bios chips with coreboot, and usb sanitization.