Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

LABISTS Raspberry Pi 4B 4GB RAM Starter Kit (64GB MicroSD, Case, Fan, Power Supply, etc.) $108.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2021 1:05 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
May 14, 2007
15242 posts
2443 upvotes
Scarborough / Markha…

[Amazon.ca] LABISTS Raspberry Pi 4B 4GB RAM Starter Kit (64GB MicroSD, Case, Fan, Power Supply, etc.) $108.99

UPDATE: $34 off coupon has ended. Only a $20 off coupon now

Came out across this while looking for a Pi to run Octoprint with.

"Does it hot?"

LABISTS Raspberry Pi 4 Starter Kit with 4GB RAM Board, 64GB Micro SD Card Raspbian, 3A Power Supply with On/Off Switch, Cooling Fan and 3 Heatsinks, Premium Black Case and Other Necessary Accessories

$142.99 with $34 off coupon making it $108.99 all-in.
Last edited by Matrixvibe on Jan 22nd, 2021 12:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
41 replies
Aug 21, 2016
403 posts
657 upvotes
Calgary, AB
RPi4 is great, the labists kit with case and fan is meh quality though, the fan is noisy af and the case seems to bring the temps up quickly. I appreciate the hdmi cables that are included, I brought the one with 32gig card for $108 a couple of months ago, so this is great price!
RFD Effect Is Real
Jul 12, 2010
234 posts
244 upvotes
whizzzkid wrote: RPi4 is great, the labists kit with case and fan is meh quality though, the fan is noisy af and the case seems to bring the temps up quickly. I appreciate the hdmi cables that are included, I brought the one with 32gig card for $108 a couple of months ago, so this is great price!
You can plug the fan two different ways. Look in the manual and switch it to quiet mode setting. It works great. After switching, I got worried if the fan was even working, but sure it was :) Good luck!
Dec 2, 2019
298 posts
682 upvotes
khimany wrote: You can plug the fan two different ways. Look in the manual and switch it to quiet mode setting. It works great. After switching, I got worried if the fan was even working, but sure it was :) Good luck!
I second this. This kit is good but noisy when fan is connected to 5v. Try connecting the fan to 3.3v and it should be lot less noisy (temp will increase about 1 or 2 degrees though, nothing substantial).
I am using this kit for pi-hole with fan connected to 3.3v and usually temperature stays around 42 degrees C.
Mar 19, 2019
152 posts
98 upvotes
Quebec
How long do you think this would last running 24/7 as a PBX in a small business?

Plan is to sell a cheap Voip/PBX solution on premise for small businesses that have close to no infrastructure.
Plan is to set it up on Freepbx and backup everyday. Keep some RPI4 on the side in case RPI4 on premise dies so I can load them with backup and replace them real quick.
I f I could get 3 or 4 years out of each one that would be a great success. A PBX is not very demanding so I guess I should be good.
I am really in the begining of my thought process.
Maybe it's not feasable IDK.
Fido 30$ 15GB Unlimited / FIdo 35$ 9GB Unlimited
Feb 8, 2011
677 posts
625 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered two will install PiHole for two locations.
Paid last month $124 now that has to go back.
Jan 16, 2021
10 posts
4 upvotes
YannF39839 wrote: How long do you think this would last running 24/7 as a PBX in a small business?

Plan is to sell a cheap Voip/PBX solution on premise for small businesses that have close to no infrastructure.
Plan is to set it up on Freepbx and backup everyday. Keep some RPI4 on the side in case RPI4 on premise dies so I can load them with backup and replace them real quick.
I f I could get 3 or 4 years out of each one that would be a great success. A PBX is not very demanding so I guess I should be good.
I am really in the begining of my thought process.
Maybe it's not feasable IDK.
Oh, I'd like to know the answer to this question as well.
Sep 16, 2015
523 posts
1043 upvotes
Calgary, AB
The last time someone posted a labists Pi sale, it was a 3B. I commented saying it was better to spend an extra $20 to get a much more powerful 4B with significantly more SDRAM and a faster processor. I was shot down by people claiming that the 3B was a much better deal because it ran cool and was "good enough" to run things like pihole.

This time around, I suspect everyone will post about how wonderful the 4B is, and how it leaves the old versions in the dust.

My thoughts on this deal: get a good case and name brand microSD cards instead of low-end stuff.
Feb 8, 2011
677 posts
625 upvotes
Toronto
jaybeeg wrote: The last time someone posted a labists Pi sale, it was a 3B. I commented saying it was better to spend an extra $20 to get a much more powerful 4B with significantly more SDRAM and a faster processor. I was shot down by people claiming that the 3B was a much better deal because it ran cool and was "good enough" to run things like pihole.

This time around, I suspect everyone will post about how wonderful the 4B is, and how it leaves the old versions in the dust.

My thoughts on this deal: get a good case and name brand microSD cards instead of low-end stuff.
This comes with Sandisk Card and we all know technology changes and we all jump on new one....i have this model set on my 3D printer and its working like charm.
Only complain is fan makes a noise but i didn't see it running hot ...i think can even run without fan ...may be may be not....
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2003
2456 posts
396 upvotes
North York
yorkhvac wrote: Ordered two will install PiHole for two locations.
Paid last month $124 now that has to go back.
V4 might be overkill for pihole, it will run on a pi zero btw.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2005
1243 posts
655 upvotes
I have one from the $90 deal a month ago, planning on returning it to amazon if anyone wants. It was a 32GB one for cost.

Located in Brampton, Mississauga road and bovaird area
Aug 21, 2016
403 posts
657 upvotes
Calgary, AB
khimany wrote: You can plug the fan two different ways. Look in the manual and switch it to quiet mode setting. It works great. After switching, I got worried if the fan was even working, but sure it was :) Good luck!
The push vs pull will have two different effects, push in this case was more effective in keeping the temps low. However it seems to vibrate the case cover which when attached produces a weird vibration noise. This applies to all four configs. I went with a bigger silent fan:

The temp says <40c for OC to 1750Mhz.
RFD Effect Is Real
Jul 13, 2020
103 posts
51 upvotes
cliff wrote: V4 might be overkill for pihole, it will run on a pi zero btw.
totally agree. I run PiHole and OpenVPN on a Zero-W with no issues. Just sits there silently and does its thing.
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2004
1670 posts
857 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I've had the same kit running 24/7 for half a year. I have LAMP, pi hole, vpn client, smb, etc. runnig at the same time.
The case and cooling is no problem at all!

I did find my external SSD boot drive (unpowered) get corrupted often when using a hub (unpowered) in the 2nd usb port with 2 powered usb drives.
I ended up using SD card instead and the performance is acceptable and no issue since.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2002
10174 posts
7135 upvotes
Toronto
I would rather get the well-reviewed Flirc case and buy the Pi and power separately.
Dec 18, 2018
178 posts
609 upvotes
Just want ask a question about pi. If I get this model and hook it up to a monitor, can I use this for web browsing and movie streaming( Netflix ). As well as host local media server?
Jul 12, 2010
234 posts
244 upvotes
TimmyT20801 wrote: Just want ask a question about pi. If I get this model and hook it up to a monitor, can I use this for web browsing and movie streaming( Netflix ). As well as host local media server?
Yes for browsing. I haven't tried Netflix, but wouldn't see why not. Yes for media server - install miniDLNA.
Dec 18, 2018
178 posts
609 upvotes
khimany wrote: Yes for browsing. I haven't tried Netflix, but wouldn't see why not. Yes for media server - install miniDLNA.
Thank you. I am looking to hook up a small box to my TV. It sounds this is the perfect solution. I check there are different OS I can run with pi 4. What OS do you recommend?
Feb 8, 2011
677 posts
625 upvotes
Toronto
alunderscorenz wrote: totally agree. I run PiHole and OpenVPN on a Zero-W with no issues. Just sits there silently and does its thing.
well its done deal now ..