• Last Updated:
  • Apr 16th, 2018 12:37 pm
[OP]
Apr 13, 2015
285 posts
558 upvotes
Ottawa, ON

[Amazon.ca] Lava! Baby Carrier by Lillebaby $146

This is the lowest it's ever been on Amazon. Just to give you an idea they are selling these for 195 after a 10% discount and tax at the Toronto baby convention and it's selling like hot cakes.
42 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2807 posts
1820 upvotes
montreal
This might be a good price, but OMG does it looks way overrated ...
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2008
1041 posts
1578 upvotes
Montreal
Is this one better than the complete original one?

I bought that one last week for 184-35$ coupon.
[OP]
Apr 13, 2015
285 posts
558 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
superbigjay wrote: This might be a good price, but OMG does it looks way overrated ...
Very subjective! Is the iPhone x overated? Also subjective. This is considered to be the best carrier in the market, if that's what you want than this is a incredible price! Sure you can find a 40 dollar carrier but it's not same.
[OP]
Apr 13, 2015
285 posts
558 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
lostchild83 wrote: Is this one better than the complete original one?

I bought that one last week for 184-35$ coupon.
They are very comparable, this is the newer one is believe .
[OP]
Apr 13, 2015
285 posts
558 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
renegadeavenger wrote: Camel shows this has price has 146 for sometime...
Camel shows it being 146 in January and not since january which is different and it also shows that this is the lowest price it’s ever been!
Mar 14, 2009
469 posts
669 upvotes
Halifax
Great deal and great carrier. Also it's $146 tax in because it's not sold by Amazon. Got one in January.

Those who feel it's overrated should do some more research on carriers. For this type of carrier this is one of the best and at this price one of the best value as well.
lostchild83 wrote: Is this one better than the complete original one?
It has a panel you can unzip that provides more airflow for hot weather. Otherwise it's the same thing.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3321 posts
1103 upvotes
Why the downvote? LILLEbaby makes the best baby carrier IMO. I bought the same baby carrier (LILLEbaby – The COMPLETE All Seasons, not airfow) after trying a few different brands at last September for $135. For sure why camel does not have it recorded. Best baby carrier ever!
Deal Addict
May 13, 2011
1336 posts
756 upvotes
Ajax
braveblade wrote: Why the downvote? LILLEbaby makes the best baby carrier IMO. I bought the same baby carrier (LILLEbaby – The COMPLETE All Seasons, not airfow) after trying a few different brands at last September for $135. For sure why camel does not have it recorded. Best baby carrier ever!
Agreed. Don't understand the downvotes. I had bought the original last week at this same price. I am in the process of returning that one and just ordered this one since it is all seasons. Really good deal. Thank you OP.
Jan 23, 2008
63 posts
42 upvotes
Richmond Hill
braveblade wrote: Why the downvote? LILLEbaby makes the best baby carrier IMO. I bought the same baby carrier (LILLEbaby – The COMPLETE All Seasons, not airfow) after trying a few different brands at last September for $135. For sure why camel does not have it . Best baby carrier ever!
Probably the parents that are using the $40 ones lol. You know the cheap..oops, meant the practical ones.

Up vote from me
Jan 23, 2008
63 posts
42 upvotes
Richmond Hill
superbigjay wrote: This might be a good price, but OMG does it looks way overrated ...
Sounds like someone that can't afford or justify spending this much on a baby/child product.
"The price is good but overrated" ..... Wow.......Somehow a deal post turned to your opinion post?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2807 posts
1820 upvotes
montreal
RFD2008 wrote: Sounds like someone that can't afford or justify spending this much on a baby/child product.
"The price is good but overrated" ..... Wow.......Somehow a deal post turned to your opinion post?
You are funny ...

The fact is that IMO, no baby carrier is worth that amount of money,
At the age/size my 3 kids are ... they wouldn't fit in that baby carrier nor would they fit in any other model ... lol.
When I was using baby carrier, a simple snuggli would do the job great at a fraction of the price : it was really comfortable to both the parents and the babies (which were sleeping ... like a baby).
After that my favorite was those backpack trekking style carrier : you could carry the baby and some stuff at the same time

I really like the reference of OP to the iphone X ,..
Here again is a personal opinion, but hey, this is a forum right?

Note: I didn't downvoted the thread, as for this product, it is a good price, but I didn't upvoted it either ...
Jan 15, 2017
300 posts
303 upvotes
The baby industry is amazing. You can put out just about anything, charge a lot for it, and all the moms will think its expensive so it must be the best and they have to have it or else their other mom friends will think they don't love their babies. Maybe this thing which is pretty much equivalent in complexity to a really nice backpack is worth that price but just the industry as a whole is setup to rob people blind.
Deal Addict
May 13, 2011
1336 posts
756 upvotes
Ajax
tomadams wrote: The baby industry is amazing. You can put out just about anything, charge a lot for it, and all the moms will think its expensive so it must be the best and they have to have it or else their other mom friends will think they don't love their babies. Maybe this thing which is pretty much equivalent in complexity to a really nice backpack is worth that price but just the industry as a whole is setup to rob people blind.
It's not just the baby industry...apple does exactly the same thing...but yes I completely agree with you. Unfortunately as a parent of 2 young kids under the age of 2 the baby industry is very expensive and yes they definately sell you on the fluff (especially my wife).
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2015
3020 posts
2212 upvotes
Calgary
Total baby noob here, could someone please explain what makes this carrier the best?

Compared to this one for $40: https://www.amazon.com/Infantino-Flip-4 ... dpSrc=srch

Both seem to be well reviewed. There's so much conflicting information 'out there' it's driving me nuts.
I have no issue paying a premium for products that are actually superior in some way, just don't want to fall for marketing gimmicks in a market that's unknown to me.
Thanks in advance!
Jan 30, 2008
181 posts
52 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
FWIW, I got this (different color) for $87USD last year on prime day on Amazon.COM.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
5830 posts
4130 upvotes
arvind84 wrote: Total baby noob here, could someone please explain what makes this carrier the best?

Compared to this one for $40: https://www.amazon.com/Infantino-Flip-4 ... dpSrc=srch

Both seem to be well reviewed. There's so much conflicting information 'out there' it's driving me nuts.
I have no issue paying a premium for products that are actually superior in some way, just don't want to fall for marketing gimmicks in a market that's unknown to me.
Thanks in advance!
Watch out for baby's hip placement. Some of these carriers (e.g. the one you posted, baby bjorn, etc.) put baby in an unnatural position and may cause dysplasia. You want the infant positions like a frog, not legs drooping straight down.

Not necessarily saying the one OP posted is the best (not sure, we have ergo360 and like it), but just wanted to point that out. Careful with the cheap (and expensive) ones - it's all about hip position.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)