• Jan 27th, 2021 10:48 am
[OP]
May 11, 2018
17 posts
42 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Lavatools Javelin Pro Instant Read Thermometer $45.89

Well rated meat/kitchen thermometer.

Lowest I've seen it.

Recent hot deal post on RFD it was around $53.
Previous thread: amazon-ca-lavatools-javelin-pro-duo-53- ... #p33925513

Edit: $5 coupon no longer available
Last edited by BuddyBudderson on Jan 25th, 2021 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
35 replies
May 28, 2009
133 posts
93 upvotes
Damn, just bought one for $60 or $65 a month ago. This is a really good price, about 1/3 of the sale price of a Thermapen mk4 after shipping.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2244 posts
1749 upvotes
Mississauga
Amazing, thanks OP. I'm going to return the one I just bought and grab this instead.
Apr 11, 2020
151 posts
209 upvotes
Whenever I see this lavatools javelin thermometer the combination of words always triggers "snc lavalin" in my head.
Nov 30, 2009
269 posts
346 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
Thanks OP, had this in my cart a week ago but decided to wait for a sale, glad I did.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6611 posts
1208 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Not as good as Thermopen MK4 but it's like half the price. Think it has been $45.89 for a while but the $5 off is icing on the cake.

Bought one and turns out no tax either.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2011
1540 posts
705 upvotes
Dunno if its worth the extra over the non-pro model... All you really get with the pro is a backlight and flipping(180 degree only) display, but its also bigger.

I personally stick with the comark one. Its what all the kitchens iv worked in use too. No moving parts, waterproof, and will easily last much longer. No flipping display or backlight tho.
Dec 15, 2017
52 posts
109 upvotes
Vancouver
Glad I held back on the last all time low Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes. Picked one up. Thanks OP!! Lots of colour choices!!
Mar 2, 2015
158 posts
220 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Thanks OP. Extra $5 coupon to clip as well! Total $40!
Oct 31, 2019
58 posts
77 upvotes
Scott86 wrote: Dunno if its worth the extra over ... All you really get with the pro is a backlight and flipping(180 degree only) display, but its also bigger.
I have the non-pro version... The pro version should be a few seconds snappier from what I’ve seen online.

One thing that annoys me about the non-pro is that it takes a long time to get to temp at higher temperatures. This is irritating for things like checking oil where the temperatures gradient between room temperature is very wide.

It also has the auto on/off feature when picked up. That’s much better then the non pro version where it will auto shut off, but then you have to close it and re-open it to get it to turn back on. Having it so easily turned back on is a nice feature to have.
Jan 11, 2021
11 posts
2 upvotes
Normal price is $75! over 80 dollars for a thermometer? I keep telling myself to buy one but never looked into it. Is this not suppose to be around $10 for such a simple thing???
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
4054 posts
298 upvotes
gmechapel wrote: Normal price is $75! over 80 dollars for a thermometer? I keep telling myself to buy one but never looked into it. Is this not suppose to be around $10 for such a simple thing???
I cheaped out and bought a crappy thermometer initially. There's no comparison at all between one of those cheap thermometers and this one.

If you're rarely going to use it a cheapo one could be all you need. My crappy one was actually decently accurate but you had to wait 10s to get a reading and sometimes the battery contact would cause it to reset. Once I got this one, I realized the value in having a proper thermometer.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2194 posts
245 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know how it compares to this? Bought one of these when I was in the states (Less than $15) a while back and it seems pretty good, but if the Javelin Pro is that much better, I'll grab it. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2009
2213 posts
1347 upvotes
North Vancouver
esaul17 wrote: How does this compare to this cheapie I've been using?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01IHH ... UTF8&psc=1
How do you like it? I've been considering getting the one you have.
Frisbeetarianism is the belief that when you die, your soul goes up on the roof and gets stuck. (George Carlin)
Guns don't kill people, people kill people. And monkeys do too - if they have a gun. (Eddie Izzard)
Oct 8, 2008
182 posts
90 upvotes
Ontario
Sorcerer wrote: How do you like it? I've been considering getting the one you have.
I really like it, no complaints. Got my mom one and she is a big fan too. I see it is a 3-5 second read time vs a 1-3 second one for the one advertised here, but for a home user that seems plenty fast to me. Interested if anyone could make the case for the pricier one.