Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Lavazza Super Crema Whole Bean Coffee Blend $23.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2020 9:51 pm
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
12614 posts
2318 upvotes
kaiseki wrote: What's the roast date on these?
I bought a bag on Amazon a month ago and the date was Jan 29 2020. I liked that it was very consistent and easy to use on my breville barista express. Flavor was not good, not bad, very okay. I would continue using since it's cheap however my wife complains the tiny bit of leftover beans stuck in the grinder ruins the taste of her fresh locally roasted beans. I rolled my eyes very hard but it was actually true when I tried it, even after I let it run to purge the grinder.
Dec 13, 2006
722 posts
652 upvotes
Vancouver
clammydog wrote: It's all a matter of what kind of taste pleases you. I've tried coffee from local roasters (Pilot & Detour) and while they do taste 'nice' it wasn't what I was looking for. I find that they are very delicate and mild. I want a bold roast with a strong taste but not burnt like Starbucks. Lavazza, Kicking Horse, and certain Costco brands are better coffees for me than anything a local roaster can provide. I also find local roaster coffees to be *way* over priced.
yeah if you goto the fancy ones you pay like $23-5 for 2/3 of a LB, i have friend who roasts locally and shes charges about $22/lb its a bit more but to me, well worth it in my sylvia. If the majority of the users are just using it in a perk, it would suffice. to each their own for sure!
Jun 9, 2015
891 posts
974 upvotes
Toronto, ON
markymark01 wrote: My suggestion for you would be to get this, toss your French press and get a moka pot( be selfish and get a 2 cup moka pot. For whatever reasons it tastes better than my 6 cup pot- prob coffee and water ratio thing)
Lavazza super crema on espresso machine or moka pot is 10 times better than making it using a slow drip or a French press.

As someone mentioned this blend has more “crema” characteristics, which is to say it releases more C02 when in contact with hot water or pressure and creates more of that golden bubbles when making an espresso.

Do it and thank me later.
Thanks for the tips MarkyMark. Sending you those good vibrations.

Question for you, I always thought Moka pot was only good for espresso, but I'm reading now people are just adding boiling water to the espresso from the Moka. Are you having good coffee success with this method or are there Moka pots that give a full coffee cup?
Sep 18, 2017
963 posts
1581 upvotes
Vancouver
slowtyper wrote: I bought a bag on Amazon a month ago and the date was Jan 29 2020. I liked that it was very consistent and easy to use on my breville barista express. Flavor was not good, not bad, very okay. I would continue using since it's cheap however my wife complains the tiny bit of leftover beans stuck in the grinder ruins the taste of her fresh locally roasted beans. I rolled my eyes very hard but it was actually true when I tried it, even after I let it run to purge the grinder.
Run this through your BBE every few weeks to clean out the oils left behind.

https://www.amazon.ca/Urnex-Professiona ... B0014J7FUY
Aug 14, 2011
418 posts
343 upvotes
Toronto
what difference between this and the Lavazza beans at Costco? Those go on sale pretty well too.
There's Always Money in the Banana Stand
Oct 24, 2010
462 posts
473 upvotes
Toronto
Lampsy wrote: Thanks for the tips MarkyMark. Sending you those good vibrations.

Question for you, I always thought Moka pot was only good for espresso, but I'm reading now people are just adding boiling water to the espresso from the Moka. Are you having good coffee success with this method or are there Moka pots that give a full coffee cup?
Americano is basically hot water added to a shot of espresso. hope this helps
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2716 posts
3029 upvotes
Oakville
kyroshi wrote: Price is up to $29.99 now :(
Doh - bought one anyway to try it out
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2017
1294 posts
1241 upvotes
bosoxfanx wrote: what difference between this and the Lavazza beans at Costco? Those go on sale pretty well too.
The Costco Lavazzas I have seen are the crema e aroma and Tierra and both are not drinkable for me.
The Costco Kirkland Guatemala is nice.

I prefer medium roast. Just ordered 2 bags of the super crema and hope I like it because I have not had it before.
Jun 9, 2015
891 posts
974 upvotes
Toronto, ON
markymark01 wrote: Americano is basically hot water added to a shot of espresso. hope this helps
That I know, fair enough. I'll give the Moka pot a try.
Oct 24, 2010
462 posts
473 upvotes
Toronto
Lampsy wrote: That I know, fair enough. I'll give the Moka pot a try.
i guess, you want to know which coffee is better right? moka pot(americano) vs slow drip?
moka pot is better...for me...could be psychological though.

for me, i like to use my 2 cup moka pot vs 6 cup, cuz i would never make 6 cup but use the 6 cup pot to make 4..and i dont think i'm getting the beans vs water ratio right.

I recommend you get the 2 cup moka pot called the bialetti mini express espresso set on sale and use the lavazza super creama beans. good luck!
Jun 4, 2011
592 posts
944 upvotes
Toronto
Bag arrived today, roast date is back in March which is a little disappointing. So far not the biggest fan but I will have to pull a few more shots. Back to local roasts I go it seems.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
3733 posts
2064 upvotes
Nexitus wrote: $19.22 now...at least for me anyways.
Looks that way for me using the Android app. Then, it just disappears when I try to add it to the cart or just outright buy it. Same thing happens even on a browser except it doesn't even show the price at the discounted rate before it still disappears.

Update: tried one more time and noticed it said only two bags left but now at full price with no prime promo, $8.28 shipping oh and not delivered until 20-23 Oct. Yeah right. F-amazon.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)