Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] lectrofan white noise machine - $49.99 ($10 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2018 3:03 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
5563 posts
3142 upvotes
Ottawa

[Amazon.ca] lectrofan white noise machine - $49.99 ($10 off)

For people who like to sleep with a fan on - one of the highest rated white noise machines. Whereas a typical household fan draws roughly 30-40 watts, this item uses less than 1/10th of that. From personal experience, I can attest to this machine performing better at sound masking than either a fan or any smartphone app that I'm aware of. It

The price of this has been lower but $10 off is a good price for this unit.
32 replies
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1303 posts
634 upvotes
Near GTA
User694288 wrote: Does this work?
White noise technology is used in offices, to cut out chatter and noises from others close by. I've just been moved to a new build area, that doesn't have the white noise generators. It's severely annoying losing this, after getting used to it (without even knowing they existed!). The technology works.
Sep 4, 2014
88 posts
28 upvotes
Calgary
I have no experience with this particular product but I have tinnitus and sleep better with the fan on. In winter, I turn on the fan but point it away from me.
Dec 18, 2010
263 posts
110 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Thx! Looked at some video reviews and as well written reviews. Sounds exactly what I've been looking for, especially the compact size for travel.
Sep 28, 2011
541 posts
187 upvotes
Alberta
We have this at home and it's fantastic. It's so good, we even bring it with us when traveling. It's very compact (but surprisingly heavy for its size) and can run all night without any issues. We've had ours about two years now. Solid buy.
Nov 2, 2016
76 posts
42 upvotes
I've been using this for the last couple years. Works very well.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3332 upvotes
we both work at home me and wife and my bed is next to her office been using a fan to cut down the noise.. does the same thing as this?
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2006
1514 posts
1622 upvotes
Canada
dfer43 wrote: I have no experience with this particular product but I have tinnitus and sleep better with the fan on. In winter, I turn on the fan but point it away from me.
Ya same as for me in regards to dealing with tinnitus. Tinnitus can be a real pain. Thanks OP for the heads up.....never used one before. Bestbuy also has it for the same price https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/le ... 06699.aspx
Aug 7, 2011
361 posts
268 upvotes
Edmonton
Great deal, we use these at our office and they’re excellent.
Jan 3, 2013
503 posts
282 upvotes
Raincouver
I have had one of these for over a year and it works great. Reviews on Amazon are accurate.
Koodo $35/month 5 gigs
Fido Tablet plan $15/month Free for a year
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.
Apr 14, 2017
678 posts
596 upvotes
Why not just use a radio and set it to a frequency outside of a station?
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1303 posts
634 upvotes
Near GTA
pny128 wrote: Why not just use a radio and set it to a frequency outside of a station?
Radios would get smashed for that. It's the same, but not the same Face With Stuck-out Tongue
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1534 posts
719 upvotes
Sask
I use my google home mini for this while I'm sleeping. Works great.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1534 posts
719 upvotes
Sask
I use my google home mini for this while I'm sleeping. Works great.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1147 posts
1509 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Lolll... I know this product is really good but the review here reminds me of fake positive review since everyone have such a positive experience with this item...
It's almost we want to see a negative review to make it seem more realistic even if the product is just that good...
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2010
1398 posts
319 upvotes
How does this compare to homedics noise machines? Homedics one has many different sounds to choose from like thunder, rain, river, etc. Besides the usual white noise. Cheaper as well
Once there was a real deal in front of me I did not cherish. Not until it went OOS did I learn to regret. There's no greater sorrow. If heavens would grant me another chance I would buy buy buy. If I must put down a quantity, I hope it is 10000
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2004
3076 posts
1014 upvotes
My family and I have all been sleeping with White Noise going in the background for years...well over a decade.
I gotta say, that $50 is an absolute rip off for this.
We started off with a Hometics (spelling) machine, but have since just started using our phones/iPads.
There are a hundred different White Noise apps on any app store....most of them have libraries with thousands of different noise...from various water types, to various nature, to various Sci-Fi sounds (I used the outer sound of the Death Star for a while).
Most are free, some are paid...others are a bit of both.
I am currently using Relax Melodies...it has a pile of different settings and is very customizable.
LEGO BUY SELL TRADE HERE

HOCKEY IS one of Canada's National Sports, Since 1994!!!! MORE INFO IN THIS THREAD

SARCASM - Because arguing with stupid people isn't nearly as much fun!!!
Dec 21, 2010
65 posts
16 upvotes
Been as low as 39.99 with free shipping from prime. Works great with lots of different types of fan/white noise sounds and volumes.
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2002
2267 posts
832 upvotes
Toronto
robskot wrote: My family and I have all been sleeping with White Noise going in the background for years...well over a decade.
I gotta say, that $50 is an absolute rip off for this.
We started off with a Hometics (spelling) machine, but have since just started using our phones/iPads.
There are a hundred different White Noise apps on any app store....most of them have libraries with thousands of different noise...from various water types, to various nature, to various Sci-Fi sounds (I used the outer sound of the Death Star for a while).
Most are free, some are paid...others are a bit of both.
I am currently using Relax Melodies...it has a pile of different settings and is very customizable.
Agreed, $50 seems like too much for such a simple device. Might as well use an app and get a speaker or alarm clock with BT or line in. Or as someone else mentioned, a Google Mini.
15+ Years of 100% Positive Feedback

EBAY / HEATWARE / RFD