Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] LED Garage Lights, 2 Pack Deformable LED Garage Ceiling Lights, CRI>80 Led Shop Lights for Garage, Garage Lights with 3

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2021 9:05 pm
[OP]
Apr 28, 2019
26 posts
60 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] LED Garage Lights, 2 Pack Deformable LED Garage Ceiling Lights, CRI>80 Led Shop Lights for Garage, Garage Lights with 3

Originally 39.99$, but on sale for 35.99 plus coupon can be applied for 13$ So it will cost You 22.99$ which makes it in total 17$ of discount :)

I hope You like it !!
29 replies
[OP]
Apr 28, 2019
26 posts
60 upvotes
hahaha I swear, that was me for an hour! But ended up ordering them lol
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3989 posts
1410 upvotes
Kingston, ON
yohung wrote: Do I need this Thinking Face
These sorts of lights give out exceptional light output, you will not be disappointed. With 80 W equivalent I recommend a garage with a high ceiling otherwise it will be too bright, in which case you should look for 60 watt equivalents. I have 80 W in my garage and 60 in my storage room and the light output is phenomenal because you can aim where you want it to go. No brainer at this price
[OP]
Apr 28, 2019
26 posts
60 upvotes
Umm I donno what You mean in this situation by safe, but it is pretty stable. won't fall. and it doesn't hurt Your eyes!
Jan 27, 2009
63 posts
8 upvotes
Harout95 wrote: Umm I donno what You mean in this situation by safe, but it is pretty stable. won't fall. and it doesn't hurt Your eyes!
Just in terms of insurance situations. Been looking for these kind of lights but just read some stories about catching fire etc etc
Deal Addict
Aug 26, 2002
1497 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
reviews are pretty bad:
Bought these to replace 15w led screw in bulbs (100w equivalent) in a shop.

These bulbs @ 40w each put out less brightness (lumens) than the 15w led they were replacing... These should have been 3-4 times brighter! Returned
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2011
1113 posts
1303 upvotes
Just be aware that most of these deformable leds are poorly designed for thermal conductivity and the heat will prematurely burn the led's lifespan.

For example, they don't come with any thermal paste, it's just a bare led plate on aluminum, here's an example of mine from a different brand but they're all similarly designed like this.

Next up is heatsinking, there's not enough surface to transfer the heat. Even with my small heatsink configuration below, it still gets hot.

This, https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33022912993.html, for example is a proper led light with proper heatsink and active cooling. But then again it's $65.
Jan 2, 2006
205 posts
25 upvotes
Mississauga
Buyer beware. The latest reviews are all quite bad.
Complaining of short lifespan and poor brightness.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 25, 2010
5037 posts
907 upvotes
Different brands of these show up in Lightning Deals all the time. Pretty sure they (mostly) come from the same source.
[OP]
Apr 28, 2019
26 posts
60 upvotes
Thanks for the pics! But How can We be sure that this brand will be similar to the one that You purchased? Do You think it will have poor quality as well??
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2011
1113 posts
1303 upvotes
Harout95 wrote: Thanks for the pics! But How can We be sure that this brand will be similar to the one that You purchased? Do You think it will have poor quality as well??
Take a screwdriver, unscrew the screws, and open it up, my bet is that it will be bare dry. I have several of these from amazon, aliexpress, and costco. The pictures shown is a costco model.
Jun 7, 2020
28 posts
48 upvotes
I have these (or something similar) and they are very good. Super bright.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
3589 posts
1244 upvotes
Thornhill
evchao wrote: How safe are these?
It doesn't look like it has any certification.
I personally would only buy electrical devices/appliances with UL/CSA/ETL certification.