Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] LED Headlight CREE Bulbs Conversion Kits - ($9 coupon)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 16th, 2019 9:43 am
[OP]
Sep 12, 2008
368 posts
161 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] LED Headlight CREE Bulbs Conversion Kits - ($9 coupon)

Highly rated LED conversion kits, make sure to apply the $9 coupon before checking out and choose the right bulbs for your vehicle type.

RCP H4 HB2 9003 LED Headlight CREE Bulbs Conversion Kits with Canbus, 80W 7200Lm 6000K White, 2 Years Warranty
Super Bright: 70w 7200lm (35w 3600lm per bulb) 6000k syncs with TOP CREE LED to monitor fan speed for optimal protection and performance.
Simple installation: plug & play no relays - no wire cutting - usually in 15 minutes or less.
Work at high temperature: -40-250 degrees (real high-temperature resistant cree lamp beads,metal aluminum heat conduction and own waterproof fan dissipate heat to prevent burning and explosion) Works underwater: Rainproof driver, housing, and fan works even in extreme situations.
Shock-proof: Better to focus spotlight (metal aluminum holder to fix the bulb stably)
Note: FOR SOME SENSITIVE VEHICLES LIKE JEEP/ DODGE/ CHRYSLER, IT MAY REQUIRE TO ADD A RELAY IN ADDITION. (It is not recommended to install on the DHL)if you has any questions after pruchasing, please kindly contact us, we will solve it for you until you are satisfied with it.
Last edited by second2 on Aug 13th, 2019 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Title edit
53 replies
Dec 25, 2007
270 posts
106 upvotes
CALGARY
In before all the posts about blinding other drivers and needing to do a retrofit.
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11219 posts
10552 upvotes
Oakville
Low quality cable plugs don’t fit well
Canbus adapter needs to be ziptied so it doesn’t bounce around
Beam has lots of dead spots
Shoots light where it shouldn’t
**DRL is way to bright to actually use. It looks like you are driving around in the daylight with your high beams on like an idiot. Many people flashing you and unhappy.
While the DRL does work, it just dims the lights by about 30%, and since they are about 300% brighter than regular bulbs anyway, its like you have really bright high beams on in the day. Not cool.
Jul 22, 2015
291 posts
380 upvotes
Toronto, ON
sneek wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 10:08 am
In before all the posts about blinding other drivers and needing to do a retrofit.

Not to get political on a deal forum, But that statement is true. You're an a**hole if you put LEDs in your halogen housings.
Sep 9, 2003
545 posts
161 upvotes
Looks like they raised the price for the coupon.

I've purchased 2 of these kits before (HB4). First one was $40 April 2017, second was $27 open box May 2019.

Customer service was great as they offered a replacement out of warranty.

Before the flaming, I have projector housing.
Nov 7, 2007
976 posts
772 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
Superjester wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 11:04 am
Not to get political on a deal forum, But that statement is true. You're an a**hole if you put LEDs in your halogen housings.
This is true.
What I don't know is how are these in a halogen projector?
Is the light more controlled?
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
15719 posts
4959 upvotes
The beam pattern of these is usually garbage because LED throw patterns are vastly different then the halogen housing is designed to focus and collimate. So you might have 3x the lumens but no improvement in vision. Also the throw distance may not change at all because the housing was designed for a specific distance of throw, or it may increase or decrease. Increase can be worse because too much light might go very far ahead where you don't need it as much while not enough gets to where you need to see or too much which ends up washing things out.
This can lead to poor lightning, blinding other people (badly) and weird light distribution, hot spots and dark spots.

Hence none of these are DOT certified, even the expensive Philips LEDs are not certified. And certification is not hard or expensive, but no one can make the beam pattern work properly.
That said its not impossible to have LED retrofit lights, all that needs doing is replacement headlight housings that focus and collimate to a specific LED bulb's characteristics (the assembly is technically removable). But the easy money is in selling junk.
All spirits are enslaved that serve things evil
Nov 30, 2013
197 posts
120 upvotes
Superjester wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 11:04 am

This is bs. I installed one of these before and did an aim test as the car service manual said. See no problem with height cut off. Those who say led can't be used to retrofit in halogen lighting doesn't know what they are talking about. Those who blinds you are pickup drivers with headlight higher than your sitting position.

Fyi: led is not as bright as halogen. Should use hid instead.
Dec 25, 2007
270 posts
106 upvotes
CALGARY
It is a bit more complicated than just projectors or not. There are some cars with factory HIDs in reflector housings. There are actually reflector housings for HID's but nothing really exists for these LED kits as far as I know.

TLDR: This will blind everyone, even if people don't flash you.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 14, 2007
9806 posts
1254 upvotes
Toronto
Guys. I just had a set of hikari 9000Lm led headlights, in general LED looks nice up close but they're garbage. Not really bright enough at night... At least not for me.

Go HID instead and use the proper setup.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28400 posts
14187 upvotes
Ottawa
lesoir wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 3:23 pm
This is bs. I installed one of these before and did an aim test as the car service manual said. See no problem with height cut off. Those who say led can't be used to retrofit in halogen lighting doesn't know what they are talking about. Those who blinds you are pickup drivers with headlight higher than your sitting position.

Fyi: led is not as bright as halogen. Should use hid instead.
See the glare compared to the regular halogen bulb?
You're telling me that's okay???

Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
15719 posts
4959 upvotes
XtremeModder wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 8:21 pm
Guys. I just had a set of hikari 9000Lm led headlights, in general LED looks nice up close but they're garbage. Not really bright enough at night... At least not for me.

Go HID instead and use the proper setup.
9000 lumens should be immensely brighter then halogen which are typically 700-1100 lumen each (high brightness halogen can be brighter but lifetime measuring in months).
They are obviously lying about the brightness.

Vegeta is very disappointed
All spirits are enslaved that serve things evil
Jul 31, 2012
112 posts
126 upvotes
I have a pair of similar bulbs for my motorcycle and they work fantastic. Everyone sees me. No one complains or flashes me. Cars never cut infront of me either.
ERROR
You cannot vote on your own post.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
28400 posts
14187 upvotes
Ottawa
brava27 wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 9:06 pm
I have a pair of similar bulbs for my motorcycle and they work fantastic. Everyone sees me. No one complains or flashes me. Cars never cut infront of me either.
Bikes gets a passed.
When I was riding, we always turned on the highbeams at night.
Oct 1, 2009
350 posts
121 upvotes
West coast
vkizzle wrote:
Aug 13th, 2019 9:02 pm
See the glare compared to the regular halogen bulb?
You're telling me that's okay???

How does anyone know if it was aimed properly? They may have exaggerated it for all we know