Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] LED Outdoor Lighting String $75 after coupon LOW VOLTAGE VERSION

[OP]
Banned
Feb 11, 2018
91 posts
40 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] LED Outdoor Lighting String $75 after coupon LOW VOLTAGE VERSION

Outdoor light string using LEDs! There is a $15 coupon!
Unlike the $50 - 60 from costco, these are low voltage version. So they are perfectly safe for your kids and pets in case light bulbs break or wires get corroded overtime.
I installed one set with solar-powered system and kept one set in my RV for camping. It comes with an extra cord so you can connect direclty to a car battery.
Images
  • yard.jpg
14 replies
Oct 11, 2005
121 posts
27 upvotes
GTA
Shows $85 for me ($99.99 - $15 coupon)... Am I missing something here? Keepa shows it's been $79.99 regularly and has not recently been lower than $99.99.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2007
1889 posts
1093 upvotes
Markham
It's calculation mistake from OP, i think
He mentioned only $15 coupon
-------
Thank you
Dec 8, 2012
647 posts
288 upvotes
Calgary
...Alimentation Solaire hors Grille Vivant 48 m
...Off-Grid Living 48ft 48 Feet
I should definitely proceed with the French version :)
Jul 11, 2009
695 posts
357 upvotes
Canada
From a quick browse on amazon, a 40W solar panel is more double the cost of this. Not sure if this is a great deal if you don't already own a panel.
Jan 22, 2019
17 posts
27 upvotes
These 12v won’t electrocute you, while the cheaper amazon basic and costco ones could if they fall and break on a wet day.

In for two so I can connect them. Thnx OP
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
2068 posts
294 upvotes
jfeng19 wrote: These 12v won’t electrocute you, while the cheaper amazon basic and costco ones could if they fall and break on a wet day.

In for two so I can connect them. Thnx OP
Is everyone hanging these things at waist height for kids to stick their fingers in light sockets? That's a pretty poor argument to get these. All outdoor outlets should be gfci'd anyhow.

With your conventional Costco or whathaveyou line voltage lights, you can replace with another bulb from a hardware store if one breaks or burn out. I've seen enough LED driver failures to avoid these.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3858 posts
822 upvotes
Kingston, ON
baymoe wrote: Is everyone hanging these things at waist height for kids to stick their fingers in light sockets? That's a pretty poor argument to get these. All outdoor outlets should be gfci'd anyhow.

With your conventional Costco or whathaveyou line voltage lights, you can replace with another bulb from a hardware store if one breaks or burn out. I've seen enough LED driver failures to avoid these.
+1
[OP]
Banned
Feb 11, 2018
91 posts
40 upvotes
baymoe wrote: Is everyone hanging these things at waist height for kids to stick their fingers in light sockets? That's a pretty poor argument to get these. All outdoor outlets should be gfci'd anyhow.

I totally understand your points.
Everyone has different needs. For me safety is the number concern. My children like to play soccer, badminton and chasing games with our little puppy in backyard. So I need to make sure that nothing bad happens if they break a light bulb which is made of glass. The "filament" inside light bulbs is also 120v too so it might be dangerous
I also use it with car battery whenever we go camping. I just hang the light string on RV and trees which is pretty convenient =P
Jan 22, 2019
17 posts
27 upvotes

If the string light falls and bulbs break which is possible I don’t see why it wouldn’t be a good idea to get 12v ones. Plus I love my kids
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
2068 posts
294 upvotes
jfeng19 wrote: If the string light falls and bulbs break which is possible I don’t see why it wouldn’t be a good idea to get 12v ones. Plus I love my kids
That's a joke right?

Zip tie the lights. Pretty simple. What's worse with these lights is that the gauge of wire is thin and cheap. Dont expect these to last more than a few seasons.

With all these new members so adamantly supportive of these lights, I wonder if they're from the manufacturer.