Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Led Zeppelin IV 180G Vinyl 24.69 (+4$ shipping)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2021 2:42 pm
[OP]
Nov 7, 2006
108 posts
124 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Led Zeppelin IV 180G Vinyl 24.69 (+4$ shipping)

First post, let's give this a whirl.

This seems to be an agreeable price on a record that is generally listed for 40+ dollars in record stores here in Canada before tax. One drawback is that it ships from the UK and is scheduled to arrive between March 19th - April 13th, but the price is well worth the wait as far as I'm concerned. Zeppelin records are very rarely had for under 30$ all in, let alone Zepplein IV.

edit: I should add that it does not qualify for prime shipping.
Last edited by COALslaw on Feb 28th, 2021 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
38 replies
Jul 14, 2008
922 posts
1265 upvotes
Montreal
Anyone got a good recommendation for a turntable to go with it?

Is the Audio Technica lp60x a good one to start with?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
4163 posts
2876 upvotes
Jonick wrote: Anyone got a good recommendation for a turntable to go with it?

I have this one and am quite happy with it. I don't particular need a $500+ turntable.
Sep 15, 2019
148 posts
362 upvotes
orleans
johnnyblayze wrote: I have this one and am quite happy with it. I don't particular need a $500+ turntable.
Don't get into vinyl if spending money is a concern. It is a very expensive hobby. Not to mention, if putting 500 into a good entry level turntable is a deal breaker, you are very unlikely to be willing to put together the kind of setup where you'd realize the benefits sound quality wise (depending on the release).

If you want to collect music, get into CDs and/or cassettes and slowly put together a solid setup with used/thrift gear. People are sleeping on CDs, so you can put together a great collection for pennies on the dollar. Thrift stores have great titles for $1-$2.
I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.
Jun 7, 2013
298 posts
235 upvotes
Mascouche

Check on the used market / Ads. If you have time, you can wait and score pretty cool stuff from the late 70s, like a Technics SL2000, SL1500 or SL23 for about 100$... If you are on a rush, it is quite easy to find one of those or similar for about 175-300$...
Apr 1, 2009
293 posts
278 upvotes
Winnipeg
Yeah spend a bit on the table, get one with a good cartridge. Keep an eye out and you can get something used under 500. Spend 800 and pretend you're buying a cell phone and you'll have something.you don't need to repair for 200$ in 3 years.

Sep 7, 2011
125 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
I'm sure everyone has heard this album. For years I didn't buy many of the all time classics on vinyl. I figured I had heard these songs so many times, why bother.

But last year I finally bought Zeppelin IV, and let me tell you, I should have done it way sooner. This album is mind blowingly good in this format on a good setup.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1050 posts
470 upvotes
Perth
Good deal, if you don't have the original 1971 pressing.
May 28, 2009
141 posts
106 upvotes
It's from a third party seller but I've ordered a few records from rarewaves without issue. FYI shipping from the UK will be slow, I just recently received a record from this seller two months after I placed the order.
Banned
Oct 13, 2020
31 posts
11 upvotes
don't know why someone down voting :rolleyes: shipping from the UK is bit troublesome issue but still it's decent price!
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
1046 posts
647 upvotes
Southern Ontario
sneaky wrote: Good deal, if you don't have the original 1971 pressing.
I like the sound of the older presses, I don't see much difference between the heavier vinyl. I have a really old turntable from the 70's and my vintage Sansui amp makes everything sound great.

You may need to spend a small fortune on audio equipment to hear the difference... I'd never buy a new entry level turntable.
[OP]
Nov 7, 2006
108 posts
124 upvotes
norokjala wrote: don't know why someone down voting :rolleyes: shipping from the UK is bit troublesome issue but still it's decent price!
I suspect it might be people that aren't too keen on diverting money from local record shops to a big company like amazon, especially as they struggle during the pandemic. This is totally a fair perspective. Deals a deal though!
Apr 1, 2009
293 posts
278 upvotes
Winnipeg
Amazon is a roll of the dice with vinyl unless you are familiar with the seller. So many times I have seen records shipped with no packaging at all, just a sticker on the outside of the record itself. People above have vouched for this seller but amazon is definitely.not any more invested in records than they are in toilet paper.
COALslaw wrote:
I suspect it might be people that aren't too keen on diverting money from local record shops to a big company like amazon, especially as they struggle during the pandemic. This is totally a fair perspective. Deals a deal though!
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
3614 posts
2261 upvotes
Edmonton
Good deal. Have the album. Purchased when it came out.
May 28, 2009
141 posts
106 upvotes
The last record I received from this seller was packaged in this:

https://eu.lilpackaging.com/products/flp

Nothing fancy, no other packing materials beyond the cardboard but it seemed to do the job. I'll vouch for them in so far as the 3 or so records I ordered over a couple years all arrived without issue, and the last package was very slow to arrive but I think that was out of their control. If you got unlucky and the record arrived damaged I'm guessing it would be a long process to return it and get a replacement.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
3614 posts
2261 upvotes
Edmonton
It should be noted that since the price is under 15 GBP, you won’t get dinged with any cross-border fees. Also, your order is tax free.