• Apr 16th, 2021 12:46 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2003
2837 posts
666 upvotes
Ottawa

[Amazon.ca] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - Switch $59.96

Physical copy on sale right now at Amazon.

https://www.amazon.ca/The-Legend-of-Zel ... B01N33O68B

Seems like Amazon is sold out now. But still available at walmart

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/the-legend ... AqD7bLWUPI
Last edited by dux on Apr 16th, 2021 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
98 replies
Jul 4, 2020
21 posts
27 upvotes
This is very useful since I just bought a Switch through Shopper's bonus redemption event. Thank you!
May 29, 2018
322 posts
275 upvotes
So darn overpriced, that's why Nintendo cripples their hardware though so they can make it hard to port to and they can have a near monopoly on games on the switch and inflate the prices of their games, it's so scummy
May 29, 2018
322 posts
275 upvotes
So darn overpriced, that's why Nintendo cripples their hardware though so they can make it hard to port to and they can have a near monopoly on games on the switch and inflate the prices of their games, it's so scummy
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2006
4788 posts
1924 upvotes
Winnipeg
Subsided wrote: So darn overpriced, that's why Nintendo cripples their hardware though so they can make it hard to port to and they can have a near monopoly on games on the switch and inflate the prices of their games, it's so scummy
Hahaha. Just don't buy it.

The hours and hours that my kids have played this game has made it more than worth it at full price $80.
Don't like the thread? Hide it or report it. Don't incessantly complain about it in the thread, please.
Aug 11, 2016
228 posts
183 upvotes
This is one of the best games ever made imo.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1052 posts
450 upvotes
Is this a sign of the sequel coming? Hope so.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2437 posts
1718 upvotes
Calgary
GimmeDatDeal wrote: This is very useful since I just bought a Switch through Shopper's bonus redemption event. Thank you!
Not sure if this is going down to $59 at shoppers too, but at regular price on a 20x day you will get back $24 in points (so net cost of $56 when you factor in points).
Aug 23, 2019
229 posts
192 upvotes
Subsided wrote: So darn overpriced, that's why Nintendo cripples their hardware though so they can make it hard to port to and they can have a near monopoly on games on the switch and inflate the prices of their games, it's so scummy
Glad that Emulators exist.
kkkat wrote: Is this a sign of the sequel coming? Hope so.
This game does not need a sequel.
They just recently launched a prequel, no?
Banned
Aug 28, 2013
780 posts
503 upvotes
Richmond Hill
expansion is separate though right
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1239 posts
2548 upvotes
I literally played this game for over 300 + hours, and I'll probably go back and play it over again in the future. Some consider it the best game ever made.
Your "overpriced" is subjective. I consider it one of the best deals in gaming, on par with Skyrim.
Jul 29, 2011
22 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
It's getting a direct sequel (announced in E3 2019, I believe), probably coming out next year. Two expansions came out (that are separate DLC) and is available now.

The game is definitely worth the full price, but it's awesome to see a discount.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
1239 posts
2548 upvotes
RoyF482 wrote: expansion is separate though right
It is. The expansion adds roughly 20 hours of play time (at least, if you're a completionist)
Sep 11, 2018
60 posts
32 upvotes
BOTW 2 rumored to be released late 2021/early2022!

This game is amazing I would recommend it to all ages, my nephew who is 6 loves to just roam around and parachute everywhere.

Got it used for 50$ so this price is good for new
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2011
2414 posts
1034 upvotes
EDMONTON
lol i bought this for $60 in like 2018 and still haven't gotten around to completing it

Played for like 4-5hrs, and didn't enjoy the combat. Felt too tedious.
teksavvy sucks
Oct 25, 2001
649 posts
450 upvotes
Toronto
If I knew how good this game was before I played it, I would pay double the retail price if Nintendo asked.
Aug 11, 2016
228 posts
183 upvotes
UnderKitten wrote: Glad that Emulators exist.

This game does not need a sequel.
They just recently launched a prequel, no?
It was loosely a prequel and completely different gameplay (not open world just a button mash game).
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
3861 posts
1733 upvotes
Crippling your hardware to make it hard to port to on purpose doesnt makes any sense.

Its crippled because its cheaper to make.

Its higher priced because they value their 1st party or because proprietary cards are more expensive than burning a bluray.

Also, there's a higher demand for games on the system because their demographic are gamers and whole families. Also their games are good... if they werent, they'll go on sale more frequently (looking at you Mario Party)

Do we like paying more? Of course not but if the value is there and the demand is there, then let that set the price.

If you dont want to pay $60, there's always Genshin Impact... on better hardware and its free ;)