• Jan 7th, 2022 8:21 pm
[OP]
Oct 29, 2010
361 posts
331 upvotes
Ottawa

[Amazon.ca] Lego ART - Ironman 31119 @ $95

On the deal:
At $54 off, a 36% discount - it seems unlikely this will ever drop much cheaper. Lego being worth its' weight in Silver these days.

Same price at TRU (thanks to b0ne)
https://www.toysrus.ca/en/LEGO-ART-Marv ... 4BB49.html

--
On the set itself:
Received this for Christmas, and was keeping on eye out for a price drop to get 2 more and do the 'Ultimate' build.

In general, I was on the fence about these Lego ART sets - but it looks quite nice on the wall. A fitting addition to any home office (aka man cave, nerd cave, game room?)

A small note, I did NOT enjoy building this set. If you enjoy paint-by-numbers, well it's basically that.
Last edited by mdewolfe on Jan 7th, 2022 1:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
28 replies
[OP]
Oct 29, 2010
361 posts
331 upvotes
Ottawa
Lots of pictures of the set out there, but here's one with a ballcap for scale :)

Dec 8, 2010
50 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Bought 3 for the large scale art.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
1814 posts
967 upvotes
md324 wrote: Thanks OP. Bought 3 for the large scale art.
nice. i wonder if these iron man art pieces could be an alternative to making a star wars theme.. pieces have close colours.. great with amazon business promo going on..
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16214 posts
31084 upvotes
Scarborough
md324 wrote: Thanks OP. Bought 3 for the large scale art.
I'm so tempted to do the same! I still have 3 leftover coupons to use from the Amazon business deal which would knock about ~$20 off of each set.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Jul 13, 2010
31 posts
37 upvotes
Toronto
Is there a better way than buying it 3 times to build all the options? Seems silly to have all the pieces but only be able to build one version
May 10, 2010
772 posts
1131 upvotes
Kenora
Damn, If only the Star Wars ones were the same price.
Nov 7, 2021
31 posts
30 upvotes
jonoitz wrote: Is there a better way than buying it 3 times to build all the options? Seems silly to have all the pieces but only be able to build one version
1 set you have everything you need to build any of the 3 small portraits.

If you have 3 you add the option to build a giant portrait.
Nov 17, 2009
104 posts
61 upvotes
FYI I paid the exact same price at Toy R US just before Christmas
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
4825 posts
5275 upvotes
Alberta
poopdedoop wrote: Damn, If only the Star Wars ones were the same price.
Indeed. Waiting for a deal to buy 2 more (already have one) to create the larger Vader.
Dec 10, 2014
987 posts
864 upvotes
Toronto, ON
RaphaelK2005 wrote: $100 for....pegs?
I mean people can buy what they want, no different than buying a sports jersey or whatever.

Sidenote I read somewhere that Lego has like quadrupled their revenue the last decade, and I can see why. Literally every Lego set is just now some licensed out Marvel or Harry Potter or Star Wars edition now, like those companies are giving big bucks to Lego to have their brand be a Lego. When I was a kid it used to be just generic pirate ships or trains, and Bionicles lol.
Oct 3, 2005
516 posts
226 upvotes
McGarnagle wrote: Sidenote I read somewhere that Lego has like quadrupled their revenue the last decade, and I can see why. Literally every Lego set is just now some licensed out Marvel or Harry Potter or Star Wars edition now, like those companies are giving big bucks to Lego to have their brand be a Lego. When I was a kid it used to be just generic pirate ships or trains, and Bionicles lol.
Wouldn't LEGO be the one paying Marvel/Star Wars/etc. to use their property in LEGO sets? Although sure, you could argue the deal would be beneficial for both parties.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5058 posts
1531 upvotes
Wat
Better than the world map I guess, but still...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)