Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Lenovo Flex 5 14" 2-in-1, AMD Ryzen 5 4500U, 16GB DDR4, 256GB SSD - $717.57 - All time low

Oct 13, 2014
35 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto, ON

[Amazon.ca] Lenovo Flex 5 14" 2-in-1, AMD Ryzen 5 4500U, 16GB DDR4, 256GB SSD - $717.57 - All time low

• AMD Ryzen 5 4500U Processor
  • 16 GB DDR4 Memory
  • 256 GB SSD Storage
  • Integrated AMD Radeon Graphics
  • Lenovo Active Pen included
This laptop has been on RFD a few times in the past, typically around the $800 mark. $717 is an all-time low. SSD and wi-fi card are upgradable but RAM is not.

This is a US model and comes with a US warranty. I personally bought one September 2020 and did need a warranty repair when it turned out the webcam wasn't working. I was able to use Lenovo support chat and they sent me a shipping label for the Canadian repair depot without any issue, but as always YMMV.
Thread Summary
Looking for a new computer for school? Check out RFD Reviews' roundup of the best laptops for students!
56 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2169 posts
7243 upvotes
Calgary, AB
English keyboard (not bilingual). Thumbs Up Sign
Nov 24, 2002
444 posts
859 upvotes
I follow the deals
I bought this machine when it was roughly the same price last November and I've been extremely happy with it. Other than the screen not being as bright as I would have liked, it's fast, light and well-built. Would recommend!
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2019
1648 posts
865 upvotes
Amourek wrote: The Vivobook Flip for $750 at London Drugs seems better. 5500U, 512GB SSD, only 8GB RAM but it's expandable (4GB soldered + 1xSODIMM), 0.3lb lighter.
Also the Vivobook flip at Costco on the other thread which has a R7 4700/16/512 Flip for $799. More powerful processor and larger SSD. Plus the Costco laptop will have a 2 yr warranty. The LVO model has a pen if you need that feature.
Jan 10, 2005
530 posts
254 upvotes
As an admitted laptop long hauler (my current laptop is from 2011), these flip hinges scare me when it comes to reliability. Give me a standard laptop any day, with even a thicker case and better cooling. No touchscreen or stylus either, just more things that can fail.
Deal Addict
Sep 18, 2003
2098 posts
920 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
vernonco wrote: Also the Vivobook flip at Costco on the other thread which has a R7 4700/16/512 Flip for $799. More powerful processor and larger SSD. Plus the Costco laptop will have a 2 yr warranty. The LVO model has a pen if you need that feature.
thanks .... what do you mean by "LVO model" sorry.... not sure what that would be.... thanks.
Feb 14, 2007
102 posts
18 upvotes
Thanks for the heads up. Been waiting for this price.
Dec 27, 2018
211 posts
303 upvotes
MANGLER wrote: As an admitted laptop long hauler (my current laptop is from 2011), these flip hinges scare me when it comes to reliability. Give me a standard laptop any day, with even a thicker case and better cooling. No touchscreen or stylus either, just more things that can fail.
It really depend on your usage. In my profession we need to use bluebeam regularly and I found that having a stylus is a blessing.
If 2 in 1 is not your cup of tea, regular laptop usually go for cheaper.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2005
2093 posts
585 upvotes
Mississauga
Lvo = lenovo
jshebib wrote: thanks .... what do you mean by "LVO model" sorry.... not sure what that would be.... thanks.
Feb 18, 2007
138 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
I would get this if it has a billingual keyboard, english only keyboard is a deal breaker, we are in Canada come on haha, maybe others can take advantage of the deal!!
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
4214 posts
5060 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Amourek wrote: The Vivobook Flip for $750 at London Drugs seems better. 5500U, 512GB SSD, only 8GB RAM but it's expandable (4GB soldered + 1xSODIMM), 0.3lb lighter.
I think "better" is very debatable. That soldered 4GB means no dual channel over 8GB, that's a huge limitation.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile and Videotron Fizz customer :-)
May 10, 2016
672 posts
1204 upvotes
master_jackson wrote: I would get this if it has a billingual keyboard, english only keyboard is a deal breaker, we are in Canada come on haha, maybe others can take advantage of the deal!!
I'm assuming you live in one of the provinces neighbouring Quebec? I live in BC and I've needed to type in French maybe twice. Ever. A bilingual keyboard would be a deal breaker for me.
Feb 18, 2007
138 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
Solarisphere wrote: I'm assuming you live in one of the provinces neighbouring Quebec? I live in BC and I've needed to type in French maybe twice. Ever. A bilingual keyboard would be a deal breaker for me.
No, I live and work in downtown Toronto, grew up in Mississauga, did high school in Brampton. I am just a typical Canadian that actually uses both Canada's official languages.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37133 upvotes
master_jackson wrote: No, I live and work in downtown Toronto, grew up in Mississauga, did high school in Brampton. I am just a typical Canadian that actually uses both Canada's official languages.
This is a bilingual keyboard discussion, reason and logic are not permitted here.

P.S. Decent deal. The RAM allotment saves this laptop.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Dec 30, 2008
23 posts
montreal
Had to return mine to BestBuy today as it suddenly got stuck on a Restart loop. Found some videos on Youtube with people having similar issues with Win10 but tried all the steps to fix to no avail...
May 10, 2016
672 posts
1204 upvotes
master_jackson wrote: No, I live and work in downtown Toronto, grew up in Mississauga, did high school in Brampton. I am just a typical Canadian that actually uses both Canada's official languages.
Ontario is right next to Quebec. You're assuming that the rest of Canada is just like Ontario, but the further you get from Quebec the less French is spoken. In the west most people can't read or speak it with any fluency and we almost never need bilingual keyboards. Mandarin would be much more useful.
Feb 18, 2007
138 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: This is a bilingual keyboard discussion, reason and logic are not permitted here.

P.S. Decent deal. The RAM allotment saves this laptop.
Yup! agreed, I don't know why he assumed I live near Quebec.

Anyone know what SSD are compatible to upgrade with this? I heard they use a thinner model, like just one sided with the chips or something like that.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)