Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Lenovo Flex 5 14" 2-in-1 Laptop Ryzen 5 4500U 16gb DDR, 256GB SSD $810

Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 6, 2007
2992 posts
666 upvotes
Toronto
redflagdealsguy wrote: Oh lord, here we go again.

Image
Don’t know what it is with me but am unable to pull the trigger knowing that it has been cheaper before ($793).
Newbie
Jul 26, 2017
31 posts
18 upvotes
Just got a CCC notification on this and bought 2. Close enough to the last deal from last month.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24802 posts
32560 upvotes
If you don't care about USB-C DP 1.4 or HDMI 2.0, this is a fine purchase.

You can run (2x) 1440p monitors as a workstation through this setup, one via HDMI, one via USB 3.0 to HDMI (adapter required).

You can also drive 4K30, which is fine for productivity workloads, on a 43" 4K TV-Monitor, using the built-in HDMI.

Food for thought. This is how I operated on my Flex (2019).
.
Sr. Member
Mar 12, 2003
500 posts
12 upvotes
Ontario
redflagdealsguy wrote: If you don't care about USB-C DP 1.4 or HDMI 2.0, this is a fine purchase.

You can run (2x) 1440p monitors as a workstation through this setup, one via HDMI, one via USB 3.0 to HDMI (adapter required).

You can also drive 4K30, which is fine for productivity workloads, on a 43" 4K TV-Monitor, using the built-in HDMI.

Food for thought. This is how I operated on my Flex (2019).
Can you recommend a USB 3.0 to HDMI adapter? Actually wonder if there’s a way to use just one usb 3.0 port to “dock” the laptop to a monitor and rest of peripherals?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24802 posts
32560 upvotes
redflagger wrote: Can you recommend a USB 3.0 to HDMI adapter? Actually wonder if there’s a way to use just one usb 3.0 port to “dock” the laptop to a monitor and rest of peripherals?
If you want the best:
https://www.amazon.ca/StarTech-com-Adap ... 0725K1MHH/

Docks to (1x) 4K30 and (1x) 1200p/1080p monitors at the same time.

Alternatively:
https://www.amazon.ca/Cable-Matters-Ada ... 00BPEV1XK/

Docks to (1x) 1440p monitor.

There are cheaper variants than both, and they come in resolutions as low as 1080p.
.
Newbie
Oct 21, 2014
59 posts
236 upvotes
604
drgrittani wrote: Which Costco? Burlington ON didn't have it.
They do, item 1898120
They probably put in one of jewelry case instead of showing.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
2605 posts
1341 upvotes
ON
redflagdealsguy wrote: If you don't care about USB-C DP 1.4 or HDMI 2.0, this is a fine purchase.

You can run (2x) 1440p monitors as a workstation through this setup, one via HDMI, one via USB 3.0 to HDMI (adapter required).

You can also drive 4K30, which is fine for productivity workloads, on a 43" 4K TV-Monitor, using the built-in HDMI.

Food for thought. This is how I operated on my Flex (2019).
I have the Flex 14 2019 bought from your post last year. It's great but no USB-C to DP is ugly. My Y520 has this feature even it's 2 years older. My working laptop 470s also has that.
Member
May 12, 2009
385 posts
788 upvotes
redflagger wrote: That’s a great price at $810!
It kinda makes me wonder if this is going to be the sale that some day I will regret missing. I have a feeling that the BTS deals that are supposed to start in a few weeks will suck and the only laptops on sale will be those that nobody wants.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
2605 posts
1341 upvotes
ON
horiah00 wrote: It kinda makes me wonder if this is going to be the sale that some day I will regret missing. I have a feeling that the BTS deals that are supposed to start in a few weeks will suck and the only laptops on sale will be those that nobody wants.
then buy now. you have 1 month to decide if you'd return it.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
24802 posts
32560 upvotes
horiah00 wrote: It kinda makes me wonder if this is going to be the sale that some day I will regret missing. I have a feeling that the BTS deals that are supposed to start in a few weeks will suck and the only laptops on sale will be those that nobody wants.
You have Amazon 30 days return from the day of delivery. Pick the slowest method of delivery to elongate that by a few days.

You'll roll into BTS, checking out those sales, while still being able to return your Flex 14.

USB-C DP 1.4 is great, but not everyone is a carbon copy of needs, and you can run dual monitors without relying on it. I agree Lenovo screwed us here, but that price is quite right.
.
Member
May 25, 2015
318 posts
347 upvotes
Ontario
Pulled the trigger on this one.
Member
Sep 12, 2006
218 posts
146 upvotes
aawen604 wrote: They do, item 1898120
They probably put in one of jewelry case instead of showing.
What's your secret? I was there last night and asked, he said they didn't have it.
Member
May 12, 2009
385 posts
788 upvotes
Decided to go for it (also got the Intel WiFi 6 card). It was out of FOMO, but also it's the pattern that I have noticed in the past few years when disappointing big sales events (BTS, BF, BD) were often preceded by real sales of hot items. At $810 this is definitely one of the best 2 in 1 deals these days. Would be nice if @clergykid the OP could update the price in title, to let more RFDers know about this worthy deal. Upvoted.
Newbie
Mar 26, 2012
94 posts
37 upvotes
drgrittani wrote: What's your secret? I was there last night and asked, he said they didn't have it.
Few Costco stores received the shipment yesterday but did not put it on the floor as they still had to scan the inventory etc.. The ones I called yesterday said that they should be out on floor by today morning. You can call your local store and ask if item # 1898120 is available for purchase in store. They should also be able to tell you how many units are left.
Member
Sep 12, 2006
218 posts
146 upvotes
abhi105 wrote: Few Costco stores received the shipment yesterday but did not put it on the floor as they still had to scan the inventory etc.. The ones I called yesterday said that they should be out on floor by today morning. You can call your local store and ask if item # 1898120 is available for purchase in store. They should also be able to tell you how many units are left.
Thanks so much for the info, might be more expensive but with bigger HD and costco warranty I like it a bit better.
Newbie
Oct 21, 2014
59 posts
236 upvotes
604
drgrittani wrote: What's your secret? I was there last night and asked, he said they didn't have it.
Did you ask them to check computer for inventory ?
Member
Sep 12, 2006
218 posts
146 upvotes
aawen604 wrote: Did you ask them to check computer for inventory ?
No, it was closing time, so I didn't push it, but I called today and they have stock.

Top