Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Lenovo Flex 5 14" 2-in-1 Laptop Ryzen 5 4500U 16gb DDR, 256GB SSD $810

May 12, 2009
385 posts
788 upvotes
If you blinked you missed. Price is now back up to $884...Disappointed Face
Aug 13, 2003
548 posts
451 upvotes
Calgary
If I wanted to get this 4500U laptop that the OP listed but immediately wanted to upgrade to a 1TB SSD, which would you recommend? On Amazon.ca, I am looking at (in order of pricing), Crucial P1 at $151.50, Sabrent Rocket Q at $169.99, XPG SX8200 Pro at $169.99, WD Blue SN550 at $174.99. Am I missing any other comparable ones?

Edit: Oh crap, price did jump up. Have to wait for another price drop again.
Last edited by DentDude on Jul 11th, 2020 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 25, 2018
92 posts
116 upvotes
DentDude wrote: If I wanted to get this 4500U laptop that the OP listed but immediately wanted to upgrade to a 1TB SSD, which would you recommend? On Amazon.ca, I am looking at (in order of pricing), Crucial P1 at $149.99, Sabrent Rocket Q at $169.99[/url, [url=https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07TY2TN64/ref ... =UTF8&th=1]XPG SX8200 Pro at $178.88, WD Blue SN550 at $183.70. Am I missing any other comparable ones?
another choice could be the intel 660p but if I were you I'd just buy the cruicial P1 causes it's cheaper, the different in real life performance difference between the nvme SSDs are super slim unless you are coping files from 1 ssd to another of the same speed.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3807 posts
1932 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm including this in the two Lenovo Flex deals here in case it helps someone out.

I mentioned previously that I purchased a USB-C to (4.0mm x 1.7mm) barrel adapter off of ebay to free-up the USB-C port. Specifically this one:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Adapter-PD-to-D ... 2749.l2649

Ordered Jun.30 and, surprisingly, got it today. Plugged it in and it works! The silver adapter tip sticks out 1-2mm, but it's charging perfectly fine.
Nov 21, 2009
884 posts
250 upvotes
Calgary
Darn... missed it. Someone plz quote me if this goes back down haha
Apr 15, 2018
19 posts
12 upvotes
Could you confirm if the fan runs when using this adapter and an external monitor?
I found that the fan automatically runs pretty loud when using an external monitor, and charging through the USB Type C port. Many others have reported this online as well.
Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5719 posts
1424 upvotes
S1 wrote: I think 16 GB soldered would have been marginally acceptable 5 years ago, and nowadays, 32 GB soldered may be an acceptable tradeoff, but they're doing this because they want you to either pay them double what the memory upgrade costs aftermarket, or buy a new laptop sooner. I don't think it's right to play along and reward that kind of behaviour.

There are a lot of older laptops that can be upgraded to 16GB and a SATA 6Gb SSD without getting anywhere near the price of new ones, and if you're going to pay more, it shouldn't be for deliberately crippled hardware.
The main reason for non-upgradeable memory most of the time is to make the laptops as thin as possible.

formerly
Public Mobile $40 / 15GB

formerly
Fido $45 / 14GB (5 @ 5 months, 5 @ 18 months)
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1189 upvotes
willy0275 wrote: Personally I think the one at Costco is a much better deal. More SSD, Ryzen 4700U instead of 4500U but more importantly, Costco's three months return and two years warranty.
Do you have a link to the model or the model number ?
<sig removed> by moderators . Yet no moderator told me they removed or why ?
Jan 18, 2017
372 posts
343 upvotes
Bought this on the previous deal for $793 with some extra discounts as delivered late..

pretty sweet laptop, nice size, screen is great, quiet-fans are not obtrusive, quick and snappy..16gb is plenty for what I need it for..not overly picky about gripes others have

nice that I can swap out NVME if needed, wifi card has not been any issue for me, maybe will upgrade card when I go AX,

very premium feel for a plastic laptop

Done some GTA 5, Xplane 11, - very playable so far

If your on the fence give it a test drive and check it out...
Jul 26, 2008
958 posts
1305 upvotes
Montreal
I ordered one to replace my Asus Zenbook (UX305CA RFD from a few years ago). I was worried the size of the flex 14 would be to big, and my things have changed in the last 4 years this flex 14 has the same body size as the Zenbook. I like the form factor.

Now the surprise was the weight: (zenbook) Image

Flex 14 : Image

The Pros : 1st time in my life I have a laptop in my hands that feels very responsive.

The bad : no warranty in Canada so I am going to return this and get the Costco version , I actually think 6 core 4500U make better sense on this laptop for longer battery run time but the two year warranty on the costco 4700U unit is a no brainer.
The strange : Windows 10 2004 will not install from the Windows 10 media creator ISO. the update says this device is not ready yet the Lenovo support page lists this unit as ready for 2004.

Has anyone tried to get a bigger discount from amazon.ca given this is a like grey market unit with no official support in Canada ?
Aug 13, 2003
548 posts
451 upvotes
Calgary
naimc wrote: I ordered one to replace my Asus Zenbook (UX305CA RFD from a few years ago). I was worried the size of the flex 14 would be to big, and my things have changed in the last 4 years this flex 14 has the same body size as the Zenbook. I like the form factor.

The Pros : 1st time in my life I have a laptop in my hands that feels very responsive.

The bad : no warranty in Canada so I am going to return this and get the Costco version , I actually think 6 core 4500U make better sense on this laptop for longer battery run time but the two year warranty on the costco 4700U unit is a no brainer.
The strange : Windows 10 2004 will not install from the Windows 10 media creator ISO. the update says this device is not ready yet the Lenovo support page lists this unit as ready for 2004.

Has anyone tried to get a bigger discount from amazon.ca given this is a like grey market unit with no official support in Canada ?
Where does it say no warranty? Where are you reading this?
Dec 25, 2018
92 posts
116 upvotes
The US warranty still applies, you will have to probably ship to the states if you need service tho.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10643 posts
7231 upvotes
This is definitely gray market when it comes to warranty coverage. You can't get it serviced locally in Canada, and you can't add additional / extended coverage on it.

Amazon's page doesn't mention warranty at all...other than mentioned in the Q&As and reviews sections.

Amazon.ca is being rather shady with this.
Aug 12, 2011
618 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know if the soldered RAM is dual channel?
Apr 28, 2020
26 posts
8 upvotes
aawen604 wrote: They do, item 1898120
They probably put in one of jewelry case instead of showing.
How do you check costco live in store stock?
May 12, 2009
385 posts
788 upvotes
So I received it yesterday. I like it so far but didn't have the chance to do too much with it. The Windows updates took a longer than expected time to complete, and I haven't tried to update to 2004 yet. After registering it online with Lenovo, it shows that I have 13 months (410 days) of depot warranty left. My credit card will provide one additional year of protection. I am happy with the savings I made and I am willing to take the chance that in case of a warranty claim during the first year I would have to pay for shipping to the US (I assume I'd have to pay for shipping to Canada too).
Jul 29, 2012
78 posts
12 upvotes
Does this one have the bilingual keyboard with the split left shift key?
Jul 26, 2008
958 posts
1305 upvotes
Montreal
Terdmoneybaby wrote: How do you check costco live in store stock?
You call the local Costco phone number listed on the costco.ca you select the option for administration and you ask for an item check.
Jun 8, 2007
32 posts
7 upvotes
Markham
This laptop from Costco does indeed come with a split shift key on the left hand side. Also the enter key is farther away (bilingual keyboard). I like the laptop but it is definitely going back to Costco.
Images
  • EF625AE5-1F2F-49D3-95D4-FED5C8669FED.jpeg
Aug 13, 2003
548 posts
451 upvotes
Calgary
henryd wrote: This laptop from Costco does indeed come with a split shift key on the left hand side. Also the enter key is farther away (bilingual keyboard). I like the laptop but it is definitely going back to Costco.
You are returning it because of the shift and enter key?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)