Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Lenovo Flex 5 14" 2-in-1 Laptop Ryzen 5 4500U 16gb DDR, 256GB SSD $810

Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
3627 posts
3754 upvotes
Montreal, QC
You guys are very brave buying something with no Canadian warranty whatsoever.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Oct 25, 2010
845 posts
405 upvotes
willy0275 wrote: You guys are very brave buying something with no Canadian warranty whatsoever.
Couple points of interest regarding the warranty:

I bought the laptop off amazon. The laptop has a link to warranty that takes u to the usa site. There is an option there to buy or extend the warranty ($25 for second year, $50 for 2 extra years, etc.). It includes shipping to lenovo. Or there are a couple other warranty options (that allow service at our location) that are a little more in price. So its reassuring. I'll probably pay the $25 for second year just in case. I did online chat and double checked and there is no issue with us being in canada using the usa warranty. I took screenshots of the chat just in case.

I have a relatively noob question for anyone who bought the laptop. What programs do u use the pen on?? (my existing laptop is 10 years old lol so I don't know where to use a pen on a laptop.
I tried to use it for writing this response but all it does is act like a finger lol
Aug 29, 2007
75 posts
21 upvotes
Ottawa
willy0275 wrote: You guys are very brave buying something with no Canadian warranty whatsoever.
This is an essential point. Wish OP would edit the post.
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
3627 posts
3754 upvotes
Montreal, QC
pressed wrote: This is an essential point. Wish OP would edit the post.
To each their own but having to ship an item back to the US for repair when there's a problem wouldn't be worth trying to save a few bucks, as opposed to being able to go to your local Costco (for example) and get a refund or replacement in a few minutes.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
Deal Guru
Mar 4, 2004
10009 posts
2841 upvotes
Montreal
I bought this laptop during the last sale, I'm very happy with it. HOWEVER, the Wifi Card in this laptop SUCKS, it disconnects at least once a day during my 9-5PM workday from home. My previous laptop did not do this, I Googled it, it's a crappy Wifi Card.

I've seen conflicting information if the Wifi card is replaceable with an Intel one that won't disconnect (some say yes, some say no because it's the AMD model of the Flex).
Apr 30, 2020
38 posts
34 upvotes
It's been mentioned in another deal thread that Lenovo Canada will take care of warranty repairs.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2008
1414 posts
805 upvotes
yuprules wrote: I bought this laptop during the last sale, I'm very happy with it. HOWEVER, the Wifi Card in this laptop SUCKS, it disconnects at least once a day during my 9-5PM workday from home. My previous laptop did not do this, I Googled it, it's a crappy Wifi Card.

I've seen conflicting information if the Wifi card is replaceable with an Intel one that won't disconnect (some say yes, some say no because it's the AMD model of the Flex).
It will work
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5156 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
clergykid wrote: Update 07/10: Price drop to $810 from Amazon, and lowest is $799 from 3rd party free shipping.

There's been a bunch of threads on various AMD Ryzen based laptop deals, but I think this one is quite decent

Lenovo Flex 5 14" 2-in-1 Laptop
14.0" FHD (1920 x 1080) Touch Display
AMD Ryzen 5 4500U Processor
16GB DDR4
256GB SSD
Digital Pen Included
Graphite Grey

The storage is a bit small at 256GB, but unlike RAM, I assume it can be upgraded. The RAM is 16GB soldered which should lower the fear of non-upgradeable.

It comes with a pen as well. I think a pretty good package overall for the price. Unfortunately, it cannot do 4k/60 external display output, which is a deal breaker for me but for others may be fine.
honestly I don't get it. I purchased the previous gen model of this laptop last year for around $650 without the pen. Then bought the pen separately for I believe $40, so around $700 lets say. I even got a rakuten cash back that brought the price lower. I have no clue why the current gen laptop is $800 during the back to school sale event. Honestly, I think its just better buying intel laptops at this point, these deals are a joke.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3807 posts
1934 upvotes
Vancouver
blaznazn22 wrote: honestly I don't get it. I purchased the previous gen model of this laptop last year for around $650 without the pen. Then bought the pen separately for I believe $40, so around $700 lets say. I even got a rakuten cash back that brought the price lower. I have no clue why the current gen laptop is $800 during the back to school sale event. Honestly, I think its just better buying intel laptops at this point, these deals are a joke.
In no particular order:
- much better chip so much higher demand
- COVID (restricted production, higher demand for WFH)
- inflation
- because they can
ggnorfd wrote: How can you tell it can't output 4k/60hz?
USB-C doesn't have DP capability. HDMI is 2.0 so I can get 100hz on my 3440x1440 monitor through that. I thought I read somewhere that you could get 4k at 60hz but they do it by messing with the color output? Apologies, I'm not well versed in that area.
Apr 12, 2016
60 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
yuprules wrote: I bought this laptop during the last sale, I'm very happy with it. HOWEVER, the Wifi Card in this laptop SUCKS, it disconnects at least once a day during my 9-5PM workday from home. My previous laptop did not do this, I Googled it, it's a crappy Wifi Card.

Can confirm. replaced wifi card during the first week with the laptop. Easy and cheap upgrade. Working like a charm since then.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10804 posts
3345 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Anyone else having issues after putting it to sleep?
Mine did it 3 times already, I would put it to sleep and next thing I know, the fan is running full speed and screen remains black, have to do a hard shutdown by pressing power.
When I look at the event viewer, it's flooded with LenovoVantageService events.

Was doing it prior to Windows 10 build 2004 and still does after updating it

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)