• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2019 7:42 am
[OP]
Oct 2, 2007
113 posts
56 upvotes
YYC

[Amazon Canada] Level Ground Fair Trade Dark Roast Coffee, 2 lbs/908g, $15

Came across this when I was looking for an add-on item to get free Prime One-Day Shipping. Seems like a great deal as their 1 pound bags cost the same, and they're very well reviewed. Roasted in Victoria BC, and Fair Trade. I go through tons of coffee so even if it's not great I'm not stuck with it forever, but based on what people are saying it shouldn't be a problem.
Images
  • 91UI2HsnoNL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
30 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
5193 posts
1108 upvotes
Thornhill
Thank you for posting! Never tried it so I will wait for some feedback from coffee lovers( tim hortons goers need not apply lol )
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2003
4752 posts
211 upvotes
DrunkTrailerParkSupervisor wrote:
Nov 6th, 2019 4:03 pm
overdone packaging w/ feelgood photography usually indicates mediocre coffee
While an interesting take ... An actual coffee review would be better lol
He .... looka lika MAN!

I tell you every ting!

----------------------------------------------------

If you haven't figured it out yet ... i'm not a female. Have you ever watched MADtv?
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
13373 posts
1670 upvotes
Mississauga
DrunkTrailerParkSupervisor wrote:
Nov 6th, 2019 4:03 pm
overdone packaging w/ feelgood photography usually indicates mediocre coffee
It may be good. The packaging and even 'pour-over' image on Amazon listing indicates hipster level finesse, could be a good sign, ..I like the coffee snobbery on the packaging
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
5260 posts
1865 upvotes
The Tanzanian coffee for Level Ground used to be one of the best coffees out there if you like a bold, chocolatey coffee.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1224 posts
119 upvotes
Vancouver
snitch1 wrote:
Nov 6th, 2019 2:11 pm
Came across this when I was looking for an add-on item to get free Prime One-Day Shipping. Seems like a great deal as their 1 pound bags cost the same, and they're very well reviewed. Roasted in Victoria BC, and Fair Trade. I go through tons of coffee so even if it's not great I'm not stuck with it forever, but based on what people are saying it shouldn't be a problem.
Warm at best. It goes on sale at costco frequently for slightly lower price and regular price is not much more at 16.99. You won't go wrong buying it though as it's worth it.

I can also confirm that the beans are very good and the taste is great (full bodied, smooth, fruity/chocolaty). It's easily one of the best in my opinion.
Aug 8, 2019
171 posts
96 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote:
Nov 6th, 2019 3:35 pm
What?
Yes, not a fan of the packaging either. Would prefer no image with simple texts.
Jan 16, 2013
42 posts
13 upvotes
The Peruvian one isn't bad. Congo is decent as well. Haven't tried the others.
[OP]
Oct 2, 2007
113 posts
56 upvotes
YYC
The coffee itself is great, better than the lavazza beans I bought recently, not quite as good as my local favourite P&S but less than 1/3 the price

So I assume this was downvoted because they didn’t like the colours on the packaging? I’ll be sure to contribute again Face With Rolling Eyes
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
5260 posts
1865 upvotes
sandy_beach wrote:
Nov 7th, 2019 4:11 pm
Warm at best. It goes on sale at costco frequently for slightly lower price and regular price is not much more at 16.99. You won't go wrong buying it though as it's worth it.

I can also confirm that the beans are very good and the taste is great (full bodied, smooth, fruity/chocolaty). It's easily one of the best in my opinion.
+1

Costco has "Africa" blend of this brand on sale this week. I think it is around 13.99 for 2lb but I am going by memory on both cost and weight so I could be off a little.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1224 posts
119 upvotes
Vancouver
choclover wrote:
Nov 8th, 2019 11:15 am
+1

Costco has "Africa" blend of this brand on sale this week. I think it is around 13.99 for 2lb but I am going by memory on both cost and weight so I could be off a little.
Thanks!! I totally didn't know it was on sale this week and for $13.49 as per the costco west thread
May 18, 2018
54 posts
22 upvotes
This is a long shot but is the roast date printed on the bag?