LEVOIT Air Purifier Core 300 (H13 True HEPA Filter A) $136

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 18th, 2021 7:09 pm
[OP]
Aug 12, 2021
2 posts
15 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] LEVOIT Air Purifier Core 300 (H13 True HEPA Filter A) $136

LEVOIT Air Purifiers for Home Allergies Pet in Bedroom, H13 True HEPA Filter Air Purifier Removes 99.97% Smoke Dust Pollen,Odor,Air Cleaner for Large Room, 4 Kinds of Filter Replacement,Core 300.
Images
  • 3C6EC5E2-B00B-4A34-AA62-D85650B9D8CB.jpeg
Last edited by GTOB01 on Aug 19th, 2021 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
55 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2006
1156 posts
1651 upvotes
PerformingAzura wrote: Do these things do anything useful?
I've posted in the past about this very model I bought almost 2 years ago now to help the SO with dust and allergies.

So far, seeing the amount of dust it's pulling from the air alone is worth it. Live in an older building and I'm 95% I'm a dusty person naturally :D

I also have an air quality meter which I've shown during wildfire time to drop the PM1/2.5/10 from say 30+ down to 0-1 or so. I'd say it's working pretty dang well. Some things this unit does not do:

- UV germ killin'
- take care of smells unless you buy the extra filters made for that
- wifi/smart/IoT connectivity

For the money, it's been great. I even dust the house less frequently.
Mar 27, 2021
385 posts
467 upvotes
Yes, think of it as a running vacuum. It does not replace the need for vacuuming but certainly reduces dust in the air. I rather pay a bit more for wifi/smart features to help save electricity/filter life as it will only come on when needed. I run it just about a few hours a day, I also vacuum every other day too.

What's funny are those amazon negative reviews that say filter life is short, their living space just NASTY.
Long Time RFDer / restarting life
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2032 posts
2652 upvotes
TORONTO
This or the Winix C535 from costco?
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
Jul 15, 2012
23 posts
18 upvotes
I have the larger model from the same brand. It has improved/removed my allergies with my dog around. Very thankful a friend suggested the filter.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2007
3179 posts
2099 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote: They make you feel better about yourself, for a little while.
If you don’t have allergies or respiratory ailments, not necessarily worth it, but they significantly help me. I have brutal allergies and sleep so much better with it. Make sure to keep the door closed though for the room it’s inside of.
Aug 6, 2009
719 posts
292 upvotes
PoCo
hansdoreen wrote: This or the Winix C535 from costco?
I have the same question. I think I'll just buy both, the Levoit for the bedroom and Winix for the living room.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3517 posts
4063 upvotes
mathewvc wrote: If you don’t have allergies or respiratory ailments, not necessarily worth it, but they significantly help me. I have brutal allergies and sleep so much better with it. Make sure to keep the door closed though for the room it’s inside of.
That's interesting. A while ago there was an article on CBC about indoor pollutants. An air expert said that by far the biggest concern indoors is VOCs (cooking being the #1 source) and that the only available filter media that can capture that is carbon, which requires monthly changes. He said all other filters don't do much to improve the actual health of indoor air. But I get that he's just one expert and what you said about the special case in people with allergies. Do you buy into the hypothesis that people with allergies develop them because their indoor environments are too sanitized early on in childhood? This seems to coincide with people who live on farms and other rustic settings (like the Amish) where allergies are very low.
For Sale:
Feb 1, 2012
665 posts
342 upvotes
Montreal
Hey, been curious about getting one.

What brand / model are you using.

Kazushi wrote:

I also have an air quality meter
[OP]
Aug 12, 2021
2 posts
15 upvotes
I have one of these in the living room and it has really helped with odours and eliminating dog hairs in the air. I have also gifted these to families. I think for this discounted price, it is a great buy.
Apr 26, 2009
889 posts
802 upvotes
Calgary
Tempting. I have a Taotronics purifier that was a good deal but they've been pulled from Amazon because of compensated reviews. Having a hard time finding filters now.
Nov 17, 2019
8 posts
6 upvotes
Are the replacement filter easily purchasable?
Kazushi wrote: I've posted in the past about this very model I bought almost 2 years ago now to help the SO with dust and allergies.

So far, seeing the amount of dust it's pulling from the air alone is worth it. Live in an older building and I'm 95% I'm a dusty person naturally :D

I also have an air quality meter which I've shown during wildfire time to drop the PM1/2.5/10 from say 30+ down to 0-1 or so. I'd say it's working pretty dang well. Some things this unit does not do:

- UV germ killin'
- take care of smells unless you buy the extra filters made for that
- wifi/smart/IoT connectivity

For the money, it's been great. I even dust the house less frequently.
Jun 26, 2015
183 posts
284 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
compare the cost of replacement filters before purchasing. winix OEM filters from memory seems to be quite costly. many of these units are sold low and they make their money back on the replacement filters
3rd party filters work too.
Jan 3, 2021
19 posts
41 upvotes
Night and day difference using this if you have even mild dust allergies or whatnot. Stuffy nose sometimes at night? Turn this on for a few hours in your bedroom and poof.
Aug 13, 2015
633 posts
1142 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
GTOB01 wrote: LEVOIT Air Purifiers for Home Allergies Pet in Bedroom, H13 True HEPA Filter Air Purifier Removes 99.97% Smoke Dust Pollen,Odor,Air Cleaner for Large Room, 4 Kinds of Filter Replacement,Core 300.
Thanks, OP. Thumbs up for finding this price, this is the price we paid last year when Levoit was doing a lightning deal on Amazon so I'd say this is a good price.
Change filter indicator turned on after daily use (when sleeping at night) after 7+ months.
Deal Fanatic
May 16, 2011
5180 posts
7568 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
The Levoit was the worst performer in the CBC tests (not sure if the same model):

Jan 3, 2021
19 posts
41 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: The Levoit was the worst performer in the CBC tests (not sure if the same model):

Can't speak to the test or Levoit as a brand, but the model tested there is from a previous generation.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2009
1184 posts
714 upvotes
I have a similar model but not from Levoit (I have Renpoh? Anyways another Chinese brand) and I can honestly say this :

- I have seasonal allergy, during allergy season before I bought this air purifier I was waking up twice or 2 times a night from congestion, itchy nose, sneezing, watery eyes
- Since I got this thing, I sleep through the night most of the times
- I forget to turn it on before I sleep every now and then, and I would wake up in the middle of the night for the season reasons
- If I turn on the air purifier and close th door to my bedroom, and come back in the door after 2 hours, there is a very clear difference in air quality outside and inside of the room. The air is obviously 'fresher' inside

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)