Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Lexar Play 1TB mSDXC Card (U3, A2, V30 for Steam Deck, Switch, etc) - $132.99 (20% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2022 10:29 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider

[Amazon.ca] Lexar Play 1TB mSDXC Card (U3, A2, V30 for Steam Deck, Switch, etc) - $132.99 (20% off)

Amazon currently has the Lexar Play 1TB microSDXC UHS-I-Card, Up to 150MB/s Read, Compatible-with Nintendo-Switch, Portable Gaming Devices, Smartphones and Tablets (LMSPLAY001T-BNNNU) on sale for $132.99, $33.61 or 20% off it's regular price.

This card is very inexpensive for its size and would be good for a Steam Deck, Nintendo Switch, etc as it has fast read speeds and A2 rating. It's write speed are ok at 35-40 MB/s sustained, tested, and that'd be fine for most handhelds and phones, etc.

From Amazon:

Perfect mobile memory solution for media entertainment
Lexar PLAY microSDXC UHS-I cards are designed to keep up with all your content, no matter if they are games, video, movies, music or books. Avoid slow load times with read speeds of up to 150MB/s (1) and fast A1 or A2-rated performance (2), so you can play more of what you love without missing a beat. Store more with large capacities up to 1TB you can save all your favorite multimedia files. With this card you can capture, playback, and transfer a large amount of the high quality 1080p Full-HD video. Ideal for portable gaming devices, smartphones, and tablets.

• Compatible with portable gaming devices, smartphones and tablets
  • Fast transfer speeds for quick loading time with up to 150MB/s read
  • Store more videos, movies, games, music and your favorite content with large capacity
  • Quickly captures, plays back and transfers 1080p Full-HD video
  • Loads apps faster with A1 or A2-rated performance (2)

71e0Ggv+xDL._AC_SL1500_[1].jpg
6 replies
Feb 26, 2022
158 posts
486 upvotes
How does Lexar warranty work in Canada? I was told not to buy Samsung SD since the Canadian warranty is handled by the retailer only.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2006
1569 posts
2871 upvotes
Not bragging about a time machine, but just for historical info:

I picked this up Aug 31 for $121.75. Using it on my Erista Switch, it's a TAD slow at times. Nothing impacting major gameplay from what I can tell. I have it loaded to about ~600GB w/ Games. I believe the reader is limited anyways on the Switch but that was years ago when I read about that.

I can see this as a good deal if you don't need speed, otherwise go with another card.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2009
1546 posts
1439 upvotes
I have this for my Steam Deck and just one big problem is that it gets really hot and throttles any write speeds to it. So even download speeds will get capped because of the heat it generates.

But with that said, I think that the Steam Deck just makes a lot of SD Cards run hot to a point where it throttles. I've seen reports of people using Samsung MicroSDs or some Sandisk ones and they all run hot and throttle.

But yeah, heads up before picking it up. And I don't regret getting this cause having 1.5TB of space on my Steam Deck is great.
Jun 15, 2007
253 posts
184 upvotes
I always wondered why it would slow down. I thought I had a faulty card!
Feels Good Man wrote: I have this for my Steam Deck and just one big problem is that it gets really hot and throttles any write speeds to it. So even download speeds will get capped because of the heat it generates.

But with that said, I think that the Steam Deck just makes a lot of SD Cards run hot to a point where it throttles. I've seen reports of people using Samsung MicroSDs or some Sandisk ones and they all run hot and throttle.

But yeah, heads up before picking it up. And I don't regret getting this cause having 1.5TB of space on my Steam Deck is great.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2006
1569 posts
2871 upvotes
Tron Javolta wrote: I always wondered why it would slow down. I thought I had a faulty card!
Make sure to test your card in something like h2testw for fakes/faulty cards. While it won't exactly show a histogram of slowdown, it will give the average at the end.

I did a full pass on mine when I got it and it sustained a mediocre write speed. Decided it was needed since the 256GB card I had in the switch was getting long in the tooth.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 1, 2009
6219 posts
15392 upvotes
ABB Midnight Rider
Kazushi wrote: Make sure to test your card in something like h2testw for fakes/faulty cards. While it won't exactly show a histogram of slowdown, it will give the average at the end.

I did a full pass on mine when I got it and it sustained a mediocre write speed. Decided it was needed since the 256GB card I had in the switch was getting long in the tooth.
H2testw is good advice, always.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)