• May 26th, 2019 7:55 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7900 posts
1185 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon Canada] Lexar Professional 1000 x 64GB SDXC UHS-II Card -2 Pack $50.74

I'm not a Professional Photographer but I do Shoots at least 2 - 3 times a week and I can say from someone that actually uses these cards on a regular basis that these cards are good though I use SanDisk as well...

I'm using these Lexar SD Cards these with my SD Card Dual Slot Fujifilm X-H1, Fujifilm X-T3, Sony A7III and Sony A9 with never had an issue...

Good Deal for a 2 Pack of 64GB UHS-II SD Cards for $50.74 on Sale...

Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca.

Regular price is $67.19 for the 2 Pack or $30.36 for 1.

Lexar Professional 1000 x 64GB SDXC UHS-II Card -2 Pack

https://www.amazon.ca/Lexar-Professiona ... way&sr=8-8

To honestly say out of all the Amazon Orders I've made for the Lexar SD Cards I've only found 1 Fake Lexar Card while with SanDisk Cards on Amazon I've had quite a few that were Fake Sandisk Cards...

Though Amazon has no issues providing returns, exchange and refunds with issues of Fake SD Cards...
Amazon Canada just ask me if I want to do an exchange or refund with no hassles...

So buyer beware...

Last edited by ericdraven on May 26th, 2019 7:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
6 replies
Dec 17, 2007
315 posts
19 upvotes
Nanaimo
I bought 8 of the 32GB versions of these 2-3 years ago... Only 2 are still functioning and I don't trust them for anything other than backups-to-my-backups that live in my camera bag. All 6 of the failures had the same issue - they randomly stopped being recognized by the camera mid-shoot and could not by formatted in camera. I tried 3 different card readers and none of my PCs would detect them in order to attempt recovering the images.

Luckily all of my cameras have dual card slots so I didn't lose anything, but I'll never buy a Lexar product again.

It happened once in a 5DIII, once in a 7DII, 3 times in a 5DIV, and once in an A7III
Currently For Sale: --
Feedback: eBay (82-0-0) | Heatware (14-0-0) | FredMiranda (21-0-0) | POTN (6-0-0)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 29, 2007
7900 posts
1185 upvotes
Montreal
3ntreri wrote:
May 26th, 2019 4:41 pm
I bought 8 of the 32GB versions of these 2-3 years ago... Only 2 are still functioning and I don't trust them for anything other than backups-to-my-backups that live in my camera bag. All 6 of the failures had the same issue - they randomly stopped being recognized by the camera mid-shoot and could not by formatted in camera. I tried 3 different card readers and none of my PCs would detect them in order to attempt recovering the images.

Luckily all of my cameras have dual card slots so I didn't lose anything, but I'll never buy a Lexar product again.

It happened once in a 5DIII, once in a 7DII, 3 times in a 5DIV, and once in an A7III

Yeah that really sucks...

Luckily I haven't had that issue yet...

Though I do keep the SD Cards in the same cameras and not swapping them from camera to camera...

Sony cameras had an issue with certain memory cards but the Firmware Updates fixed it...
Jun 21, 2011
124 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
Been shooting with a pair of these in my a7iii for a year now. Really good value card, super solid. No issues with Lexar memory in general.
Dec 6, 2012
743 posts
232 upvotes
Regina
All of my Lenar cards died with read and write errors. Only use Kingston and Sandisk now.