• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2020 1:54 am
Tags:
46 replies
Jul 14, 2020
32 posts
20 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Does anyone have any advice on adding Amazon's 4 year PC peripheral protection plan? I am not too familiar with the quality or longevity of LG's own warranty and considering adding on Amazon's for some extra peace of mind.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2007
1341 posts
694 upvotes
I got mine a few weeks ago and the light bleed was very noticeable. Furthermore the blacks look very grey in dark scenes due to this. As much as I wanted these specs, I couldn't accept spending $530 after tax on something flawed so I am returning. Will wait for another deal.
Nov 16, 2018
70 posts
69 upvotes
Looks like it's gone.

Also, still waiting for this that I ordered like 3 weeks ago so you will def be waiting a while,
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2990 posts
835 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
super frustrating been waiting for this, and I missed it again.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2990 posts
835 upvotes
Cambridge, ON/Guelph…
Actually it was back. i just placed an order.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7281 posts
3454 upvotes
Canuckland
series1000 wrote: I got mine a few weeks ago and the light bleed was very noticeable. Furthermore the blacks look very grey in dark scenes due to this. As much as I wanted these specs, I couldn't accept spending $530 after tax on something flawed so I am returning. Will wait for another deal.
Can you expand on that? How was it too dark? Did you configure the settings?

I've heard nothing but good about it
Apr 18, 2008
604 posts
1116 upvotes
BC
series1000 wrote: I got mine a few weeks ago and the light bleed was very noticeable.
I'm guessing this is panel to panel as I don't have a lick of backbleeding on mine.

Thanks for posting OP!
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
4055 posts
3861 upvotes
Toronto
OOS, when i click on 459 buying options, shows 700+
Deal Addict
May 12, 2007
1341 posts
694 upvotes
DealCanuck wrote: Can you expand on that? How was it too dark? Did you configure the settings?

I've heard nothing but good about it
As per my comment the blacks aren't too dark they're too light.

This is also mentioned on RTINGS
Deal Addict
May 12, 2007
1341 posts
694 upvotes
If anyone wants mine in Ottawa I purchased it only about 14 days ago and its been used only once. Otherwise I'll return it.
Might help.someone out
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2013
1889 posts
847 upvotes
Richmond Hill
lowest price I have seen, I wouldn't like to purchased it if I can note the different in 144 and 60 Hz
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2004
6931 posts
2574 upvotes
Vancouver
ElvisDepresley wrote: Does anyone have any advice on adding Amazon's 4 year PC peripheral protection plan? I am not too familiar with the quality or longevity of LG's own warranty and considering adding on Amazon's for some extra peace of mind.
YOu have to get it. LG products are known not to last 4 years...Lots of reviews online plusmy personal experience. There's a reason they are the only Monitor manufacturer who gives 1 year when others give 3-4 years. LG knows their products are crap( qualitywise) and they pray on people who want to save $50 to avoid getting the same monitor from another company with more warranty. That's part of their business model. LG also takes up to 3 months to repair your monitor(7-10 weeks average).
I use voice typing, expect mistakes...
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
2405 posts
1152 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Mine flickered badly when turning HDR on(2560*1440p @144Hz, 10bits when HDR is on) .
I ended up returning it.
Last edited by MrBigNose on Jul 16th, 2020 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 23, 2004
859 posts
139 upvotes
Richmond
Odd, I placed my order last time the monitor popped up and it still hasn't shipped.

I'm guessing it's region restricted again.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2016
1832 posts
1222 upvotes
dazz wrote: YOu have to get it. LG products are known not to last 4 years...Lots of reviews online plusmy personal experience. There's a reason they are the only Monitor manufacturer who gives 1 year when others give 3-4 years. LG knows their products are crap( qualitywise) and they pray on people who want to save $50 to avoid getting the same monitor from another company with more warranty. That's part of their business model. LG also takes up to 3 months to repair your monitor(7-10 weeks average).
not true at all
LG product lasts long as long as you dont get their cell phones.
Their appliances and tvs are fine
Oct 27, 2019
325 posts
141 upvotes
MrBigNose wrote: Mine flickered badly when turning HDR on.
I ended up returning it.
What is their returning policy? They would accept even after 2 weeks?
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
2405 posts
1152 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
RCPC101 wrote: What is their returning policy? They would accept even after 2 weeks?
30 days
Deal Addict
May 13, 2015
1276 posts
1690 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
I ordered mine a while ago, but I haven't opened it because it took me a while to build my new PC and now I'm moving... so I just kept it in the box and I'll open it after I move.

You guys are making me nervous with the returns. I hope I don't get a bad monitor and run into return issues.
Oct 27, 2019
325 posts
141 upvotes
BillyBill wrote: I ordered mine a while ago, but I haven't opened it because it took me a while to build my new PC and now I'm moving... so I just kept it in the box and I'll open it after I move.

You guys are making me nervous with the returns. I hope I don't get a bad monitor and run into return issues.
I asked out of curiosity. Mine is fine and will likely be keeping. I've only been using for 14 days and wanted to know when I can return if I notice something. I have it paired with an Alienware 120hz monitor. I have them both at 120hz. Yesterday I tried changing the LG to 144hz and HDR, noticed a little flickering and it went away after. So I reduced it back to 120hz and didn't notice anything. I am assuming it happened cause my other monitor is at 120hz. The flicker appeared on both screens, so I dont think it was LG related.