Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] LG 27GL83A-B 27'' UltraGear QHD IPS 1ms Gaming Monitor with G-Sync Compatibility - $399.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2021 5:37 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 28, 2006
4306 posts
3366 upvotes
Toronto

[Amazon.ca] LG 27GL83A-B 27'' UltraGear QHD IPS 1ms Gaming Monitor with G-Sync Compatibility - $399.99

ATL according to ccc:

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07YGZL8XF
27" Ips display with HDR 10
2560 x 1440 resolution
Nvidia g-sync compatible
1Ms response time
144Hz refresh rate
rtings review:
https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/lg/27gl83a-b
Thread Summary
Shopping for a new display? Take a look at RFD Reviews' roundup of the best gaming monitors!
93 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 3, 2007
3318 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
Would this be OK for a ps5 or is that a waste?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1911 posts
1388 upvotes
Langley
shoei wrote: Would this be OK for a ps5 or is that a waste?
Personally I would not recommend it for PS5 as PS5 does not support native 1440p and 1440p monitors do not scale well at 1080p and 4K does not downscale
well to 1440p. The topic is talked about quite a bit online (1440p scaling that is). I sold my 1440p monitor as it was fuzzy on the PS5 due to the poor scaling and I bought the Samsung 28” 4K deal from a little bit ago. Just my two cents.
Newbie
Oct 3, 2019
66 posts
68 upvotes
I almost impulse bought one until I realized they have a power brick. On a monitor that is a big no for me, I think I'll wait for a sale on a good Dell. Awesome price though, anything similar for the last two years have floated around $400, usually more.
Member
Aug 31, 2018
220 posts
430 upvotes
jbone14 wrote: Personally I would not recommend it for PS5 as PS5 does not support native 1440p and 1440p monitors do not scale well at 1080p and 4K does not downscale
well to 1440p. The topic is talked about quite a bit online (1440p scaling that is). I sold my 1440p monitor as it was fuzzy on the PS5 due to the poor scaling and I bought the Samsung 28” 4K deal from a little bit ago. Just my two cents.
hows the performance of the LU28R550UQNXZA withthe ps5? im upgrading too from my lenovo 2k monitor
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3233 posts
1037 upvotes
3digit wrote: I almost impulse bought one until I realized they have a power brick. On a monitor that is a big no for me, I think I'll wait for a sale on a good Dell. Awesome price though, anything similar for the last two years have floated around $400, usually more.
The 27GL83A does not actually have a standard power brick. The brick is integrated with the plug so it's better than the big power brick on other pricy models. One important reason I bought 27GL83A.
Image
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jun 20, 2015
658 posts
183 upvotes
Place
Great monitor for a good price. The cheapest I found before was around $315 on amazon.
Good luck!
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2009
3233 posts
1037 upvotes
Juyen21 wrote: Great monitor for a good price. The cheapest I found before was around $315 on amazon.
27GL83A-B for $315? That's Crazy! When was it?
Jr. Member
Nov 22, 2017
104 posts
121 upvotes
Vancouver
I got mine today, so I can confirm it is indeed GP850 the title is wrong
ATL price and unbelievable price for a 2021 new release model 30% discount, not even US prime day got this price
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
1911 posts
1388 upvotes
Langley
Sinco5 wrote: hows the performance of the LU28R550UQNXZA withthe ps5? im upgrading too from my lenovo 2k monitor
I stupidly had it shipped to store with Staples and 2 weeks later I’m still waiting… was supposed to arrive yesterday so I’m patiently waiting. From what I understand from the other thread, it it is quite nice! Hilariously I upgraded from the Lenovo 2k (C32q-20) lol. This slightly smaller size should be welcome for me personally too.
Member
Aug 31, 2018
220 posts
430 upvotes
jbone14 wrote: I stupidly had it shipped to store with Staples and 2 weeks later I’m still waiting… was supposed to arrive yesterday so I’m patiently waiting. From what I understand from the other thread, it it is quite nice! Hilariously I upgraded from the Lenovo 2k (C32q-20) lol. This slightly smaller size should be welcome for me personally too.
hope to be satisfied with the samsung monitor. going to sell this lenovo monitor once i get it setup
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 23, 2018
865 posts
302 upvotes
Markham ON
doesnt costco have it cheaper?
Think Less, Imagine More
Costco is Bliss
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 10, 2012
2725 posts
535 upvotes
Ottawa
For those that are interested, you can grab the newer 27GP850-B for $50 more. It's listed as the 27GN850-B but it is actually the 27GP850-B which can OC to 180Hz.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B093MTSTKD

Top