Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] LG OLED65C8PUA 65" 4K Ultra HD Smart OLED TV - $1999.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 3rd, 2019 9:43 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 9, 2006
8971 posts
11458 upvotes
GT-EH

[Amazon.ca] LG OLED65C8PUA 65" 4K Ultra HD Smart OLED TV - $1999.99

Amazon Lightning Deal -
New low on last years LG OLED 65" model:

https://www.amazon.ca/LG-OLED65C8PUA-Ul ... 079V3J3Y9/
What's the best credit card for...
Behold, true glory. #PCMasterRace!
15 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 23, 2005
1444 posts
523 upvotes
Damn, good thing I already bought a TV. I'd be seriously tempted.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
1752 posts
804 upvotes
It's back! I placed an order and also managed to get it through AirMiles Shops for possibly 20x Miles.
Now to decide KEEP or NOT??
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2001
3047 posts
1643 upvotes
GTA
95% claimed as of this post.
Member
Nov 1, 2015
312 posts
104 upvotes
BC
Damn that was quick. I joined the waitlist but I'm probably out of luck. This is a all time low on Amazon. I've been following it for over a year.
Member
Oct 29, 2017
263 posts
161 upvotes
in the long run.. Having hdmi 2.1 is still worth the extra $500 for the C9, unless you don't want to use the tv for videogames
Sr. Member
Aug 1, 2010
845 posts
552 upvotes
C9 for $2170 from Ebay was a way better buy
Member
Nov 1, 2015
312 posts
104 upvotes
BC
smoothbutter wrote: in the long run.. Having hdmi 2.1 is still worth the extra $500 for the C9, unless you don't want to use the tv for videogames
Damn you make a good point. I just ordered this one. I've been waiting for over a year lol. But then again $500 is 1/4 the cost of this TV and I'm a PC gamer and only plan on casually gaming on console.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
1752 posts
804 upvotes
Nites07 wrote: Damn you make a good point. I just ordered this one. I've been waiting for over a year lol. But then again $500 is 1/4 the cost of this TV and I'm a PC gamer and only plan on casually gaming on console.
I'm in the same boat, I have a dying TV to replace and have been patiently waiting for something to hit the 2k mark in an OLED (to swap and be my primary TV). It's certainly hard to justify the $500 extra for HDMI 2.1 at the moment - and I'm a casual gamer at best. Also, I ordered it though Airmiles shops which means another 100+500+2000 Miles (~$273) should be coming back to me. Still debating whether or not I should cancel it though...
Member
Nov 1, 2015
312 posts
104 upvotes
BC
razrsharp wrote: I'm in the same boat, I have a dying TV to replace and have been patiently waiting for something to hit the 2k mark in an OLED (to swap and be my primary TV). It's certainly hard to justify the $500 extra for HDMI 2.1 at the moment - and I'm a casual gamer at best. Also, I ordered it though Airmiles shops which means another 100+500+2000 Miles (~$273) should be coming back to me. Still debating whether or not I should cancel it though...
I decided not to cancel. I'm going to buy a TV regardless during Jan/Feb and I know I'm probably not going to get a better deal on this TV 1-2 months from now. On the plus side I'll be able to enjoy this TV during the upcoming holidays. Also, delivery is free through amazon so we don't need to worry about transporting this big ass box.
Member
Oct 29, 2017
263 posts
161 upvotes
colavs19 wrote: C9 for $2170 from Ebay was a way better buy
It really is, I wasn't even thinking about that. The c8 for $170 less is not worth it, I don't know what the excitement is for... imo though, an OLED is not worth buying without a burn in warranty.. So the tv is still $2500+200 for 4 years burn in support for me anyways.. You have to go to the store and haggle down the best buy employees of course to get the $200 4 year geek squad warranty
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
1752 posts
804 upvotes
Nites07 wrote: I decided not to cancel. I'm going to buy a TV regardless during Jan/Feb and I know I'm probably not going to get a better deal on this TV 1-2 months from now. On the plus side I'll be able to enjoy this TV during the upcoming holidays. Also, delivery is free through amazon so we don't need to worry about transporting this big ass box.
I’m still on the fence. Great price, but another thing I goofed was that I didn’t pay on my credit card that gives me an extended electronics warranty. I’m not sure I can fix that at this point.
Penalty Box
User avatar
Jan 27, 2014
4794 posts
1900 upvotes
smoothbutter wrote: It really is, I wasn't even thinking about that. The c8 for $170 less is not worth it, I don't know what the excitement is for... imo though, an OLED is not worth buying without a burn in warranty.. So the tv is still $2500+200 for 4 years burn in support for me anyways.. You have to go to the store and haggle down the best buy employees of course to get the $200 4 year geek squad warranty
What's the point of buying a 4 year burn in warranty? Throwing money down the toilet. A burn in if it happens would happen after 4 years.

Top