LG Tone Free True Wireless Ear Buds FP5/FP8/FP9 - $88.88/$129.99-$15/$147.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2022 1:05 pm
[OP]
Oct 24, 2019
639 posts
968 upvotes
Edmonton
kamui712 wrote: anyone notice a weird buzzing noise when Noise Cancelling is on ? It's most noticable when Noise Cancelling is on but you're not listening to music. Its like there's some static/buzzing interference sound. I only hear it in one earbud.

-I tried updating the firmware , no change
-tried again on a full charge, no change

The buzzing sound only goes away when I turn off noise cancelling.
Tested it out in my Sound treated room with a very low noise floor and I could not hear anything at all.
I'm 42 so my hearing is not perfect as I spend many years playing Trombone in an Orchestra.

As only one bud is connected directly to your phone, I wonder is your phone creating the buzz.
I'm using a LG V60 known for it's audio.
If after a few hours the buzz changes to the other bud then I would think the phone would be the problem.
But don't take my word on this.
Mar 27, 2013
42 posts
18 upvotes
Burnaby
MahlerMusic wrote: Tested it out in my Sound treated room with a very low noise floor and I could not hear anything at all.
I'm 42 so my hearing is not perfect as I spend many years playing Trombone in an Orchestra.

As only one bud is connected directly to your phone, I wonder is your phone creating the buzz.
If after a few hours the buzz changes to the other bud then I would think the phone would be the problem.
I confirmed with LG that its not normal. Ordered a 2nd pair from Amazon and the buzz was non-existent, looks like the first pair was just a lemon.
Mar 6, 2022
2 posts
MahlerMusic wrote: Tested it out in my Sound treated room with a very low noise floor and I could not hear anything at all.

I just picked up a refurbished pair of these and love them overall, but I'm hearing a slight hiss or high noise floor whenever they are connected to a device (Android or Windows). If no audio plays for several seconds the hiss shuts off, but comes back when there is an audio signal, and is there regardless of the ANC or transparency mode.

Do any of you hear the same thing or should I get these replaced? It seems different than the buzz that was described.
[OP]
Oct 24, 2019
639 posts
968 upvotes
Edmonton
cognitio wrote: Do any of you hear the same thing or should I get these replaced? It seems different than the buzz that was described.
Buds should be dead silent. I would return.
Which model did you get, FP8?
Mar 6, 2022
2 posts
MahlerMusic wrote: Buds should be dead silent. I would return.
Which model did you get, FP8?
Mine were actually the FP5, but I don't think the bud internals are any different. I'm planning on returning them anyway because the mic just wasn't quite good enough considering my primary use for these is zoom and phone calls. Its a shame because they are so comfortable!

Now I am wondering if something else was wrong with them, if yours don't have any of that background hiss. Thanks for the info.
[OP]
Oct 24, 2019
639 posts
968 upvotes
Edmonton
kamui712 wrote: anyone notice a weird buzzing noise when Noise Cancelling is on ? It's most noticable when Noise Cancelling is on but you're not listening to music. Its like there's some static/buzzing interference sound. I only hear it in one earbud.

-I tried updating the firmware , no change
-tried again on a full charge, no change

The buzzing sound only goes away when I turn off noise cancelling.
Started getting a high pitch tone in the right Ear bud after a drop and the bud started to split in half. Had the super glue them back together.
High Pitch Tone is only when Noise Cancelling is set to high. It is very faint so not noticeable with music on but I can no longer just use them in my ears to sleep or just in at work on the High setting.

Still love the buds and might pick up a pair of the Haze Gold ones from the States or UK.