Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B 34 Inch 21:9 Curved QHD (3440 x 1440) 1ms Nano IPS Gaming Monitor with 160Hz and G-SYNC - $799.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 3rd, 2022 9:41 pm
[OP]
Jun 19, 2019
45 posts
26 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B 34 Inch 21:9 Curved QHD (3440 x 1440) 1ms Nano IPS Gaming Monitor with 160Hz and G-SYNC - $799.99

Great deal for a 34" ultrawide monitor. Never seen it this low.

• 34 Inch UltraWide QHD (3440 x 1440) Curved Nano IPS Display
  • IPS 1ms response time - 160 Hz refresh rate
  • NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible
  • DCI-P3 98% Color Gamut with VESA DisplayHDR 400
  • 3-Side Virtually Borderless Design with Tilt or Height Adjustable Stand
Thread Summary
Looking to upgrade your display? Check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best gaming monitors!
37 replies
May 12, 2012
153 posts
126 upvotes
Chatham
I was thinking about pulling a trigger on this monitor but for me a deal breaker is no hdmi 2.1 ports. That means no 160hz.

Personally I want a monitor that has at least usb-c which supports 20gig transfer late or at least thunderbolt 3. I’m tired of using small work monitor.

That’s why imo gigabyte m34wq is a better deal. Yes it’s 8bit panel but all of them are after 100hz refresh rate limit. Gigabyte goes for 650$ and gsync also works on it. This is the only monitor in my books that can mix work and pleasure at same time for that price point.

Personally I would like to see gsync chip can AMD freesync due to being better optimized for NVIDIA cards, thunderbolt 3 and 38inch. However that is NOWHERE to be found. Yes Samsung neo g9 has all those bells and whistles but it suffers quality control. Till then cheaper alternative it is.
Dec 21, 2009
83 posts
51 upvotes
Richmond Hill
lol no one uses hdmi in the pc world, get a dp cable and call it a day. the hdmi 2.1 support is made for new tv's not screens with existing capabilities. your recommendation for the gigabyte monitor is a suggestion for a screen in a completely different class dude, bad rec.
Aug 29, 2007
647 posts
170 upvotes
Montreal
I already bought the Dell S3422DWG 34" but the damn thing is taking forever to ship (Current ship date @ Jan 30 after being delayed, ordered Dec 27). I'm debating whether I cancel the dell order and get this.

Does anyone have thoughts?
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1088 posts
996 upvotes
At this point I would wait for displays with full HDMI 2.1 support
Apr 7, 2006
403 posts
393 upvotes
Brettimus wrote: I already bought the Dell S3422DWG 34" but the damn thing is taking forever to ship (Current ship date @ Jan 30 after being delayed, ordered Dec 27). I'm debating whether I cancel the dell order and get this.

Does anyone have thoughts?
The S3422DWG is a VA panel and I found the smearing on it was really bad (even when compared to other VA panels) to the point where I returned it. The few extra hundred for IPS is worth it IMO, especially if you keep your monitors for a long time.

Ended up going with an AW3821DW because I really value the extra vertical pixels.
Oct 7, 2017
10 posts
12 upvotes
Amazing monitor, had mine for a year and 2 months. N9 ghosting or uniformity issues.

Here comes the but... didn't have any issues until recently, dead pixels started appearing randomly, 3 so far (1800+ hours usage). Just my luck. The electronic roulette
Mar 28, 2006
141 posts
59 upvotes
nemanjacarevich wrote: I was thinking about pulling a trigger on this monitor but for me a deal breaker is no hdmi 2.1 ports. That means no 160hz.

Personally I want a monitor that has at least usb-c which supports 20gig transfer late or at least thunderbolt 3. I’m tired of using small work monitor.

That’s why imo gigabyte m34wq is a better deal. Yes it’s 8bit panel but all of them are after 100hz refresh rate limit. Gigabyte goes for 650$ and gsync also works on it. This is the only monitor in my books that can mix work and pleasure at same time for that price point.

Personally I would like to see gsync chip can AMD freesync due to being better optimized for NVIDIA cards, thunderbolt 3 and 38inch. However that is NOWHERE to be found. Yes Samsung neo g9 has all those bells and whistles but it suffers quality control. Till then cheaper alternative it is.
You think they made a panel, saying it runs as 160hz but isn't able to? No 160hz over hdmi*** Display Port, man, display port.
Last edited by decadentia on Jan 17th, 2022 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2006
3144 posts
272 upvotes
Montreal
Must... ressissst..... oh my.
I was there at the 32$ price error at dell.ca day AND at the 150$ off price error at fs.ca
RFD price error moto: "Buy now, think later." -Ahzuz
Nov 11, 2009
21 posts
16 upvotes
Vancouver
zylonite wrote: At this point I would wait for displays with full HDMI 2.1 support
Why? Isn't DP enough?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2007
1753 posts
875 upvotes
Yuck, IPS.

What panels do people think goes into LCD TVs that have to compete in a much larger but competitive market? HINT: It's not IPS
:arrowl: Thanks if Helped! :D

Loser Quote:
Nubby666 wrote: Soy made my buddy cut off his dangus and start wearing spandex running one piece suits, you heard it here first, folks!!! Stay away!!!
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1776 posts
2617 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
Have one, love it. Highly recommended.
Moneymatter wrote: Hmm 2x27 inches are cheaper
True but I came from literally that setup to this exact monitor and I don't think I could go back.

Ultrawide with no bezel break in the middle is a gamechanger...not sure why it has such a big impact but it does. Using this for 70/30 WFH/gaming screen.
Dec 7, 2012
328 posts
302 upvotes
BC
nemanjacarevich wrote: I was thinking about pulling a trigger on this monitor but for me a deal breaker is no hdmi 2.1 ports. That means no 160hz.

DP1.4 if more than sufficient for a 34" ultrawide and can handle 160Hz with bandwidth to spare. Get a USB-C to DP cable if your laptop supports video out through USB-C. There's no need for a USB-C input on the monitor for video.

DP1.4 also supports 10-bit colour depth at 144Hz easily at 3440x1440. You'd only have to drop to 8-bit colour depth if you use the 160Hz overclocked refresh rate.
May 12, 2012
153 posts
126 upvotes
Chatham
Wallzii wrote: DP1.4 if more than sufficient for a 34" ultrawide and can handle 160Hz with bandwidth to spare. Get a USB-C to DP cable if your laptop supports video out through USB-C. There's no need for a USB-C input on the monitor for video.

DP1.4 also supports 10-bit colour depth at 144Hz easily at 3440x1440. You'd only have to drop to 8-bit colour depth if you use the 160Hz overclocked refresh rate.
Here is the thing. I have one PC with NVIDIA DP, and second is MacBook. Thats why i need USB-C input at one source.
Dec 7, 2012
328 posts
302 upvotes
BC
nemanjacarevich wrote: Here is the thing. I have one PC with NVIDIA DP, and second is MacBook. Thats why i need USB-C input at one source.
That's a fair point. You could always purchase a DP switch, but that's just another incurred cost.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)