Lightning Deal - 50% off - Weighted Blanket

• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2022 8:38 pm
[OP]
Jul 10, 2017
74 posts
56 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Lightning Deal - 50% off - Weighted Blanket

As of this posting, there's 4 hours left on the lightning deal. Most weighted blankets under $100 don't come with the minky duvet, these do and are in several different colours. 15 lbs and 20 lbs.
Images
  • 91b6eqRXwML._AC_SL1500_.jpg
38 replies
Jun 30, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
Ooh. It's a little early to be thinking about Christmas presents, but I might grab a few of these for my nephews. And advice on whether I should grab the 15 or 20 lb version? They look like they are the same price.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1364 posts
710 upvotes
Near GTA
Too heavy for young kids, too bad. Thx anyways
Nov 22, 2017
48 posts
31 upvotes
Why are 15lbs cheaper than 20lbs? Original price?
Jun 30, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
vend87 wrote: Why are 15lbs cheaper than 20lbs? Original price?
It looks like the original price on the 15lbs was cheaper, I guess because there was less "weighted stuff". The lightning deal has them at the same price, so the percent off will be better for the heaver blankets.
[OP]
Jul 10, 2017
74 posts
56 upvotes
HeliumNova wrote: Ooh. It's a little early to be thinking about Christmas presents, but I might grab a few of these for my nephews. And advice on whether I should grab the 15 or 20 lb version? They look like they are the same price.
15lbs is plenty for most people, 20lbs feels like "extra" if that's something you're into. I use a 20.

The formula is supposed to be 10% of your body weight, but it's not a hard rule.

chrischris84 wrote: Too heavy for young kids, too bad. Thx anyways
Yeah, not for kids, those should be like 7 or 8 lbs max.
Nov 24, 2008
287 posts
150 upvotes
Toronto
Something to think about because it happened to me. My ankles got very sore from being pinned down. If you don't like your sheets tucked in tight, you probably won't like this.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2008
1217 posts
395 upvotes
djpate86 wrote: Something to think about because it happened to me. My ankles got very sore from being pinned down. If you don't like your sheets tucked in tight, you probably won't like this.
+1 to this. My wice loves a weighted blanket and loves the sheet tucked in. I tried a weighted blanket and woke up with sore ankles. Guess what? I hate sheets tucked in lol
[OP]
Jul 10, 2017
74 posts
56 upvotes
dgege wrote: +1 to this. My wice loves a weighted blanket and loves the sheet tucked in. I tried a weighted blanket and woke up with sore ankles. Guess what? I hate sheets tucked in lol
Yeah, I always poke my feet out the bottom so it isn't pressing my ankles down. Definitely, something to get used to, but now I have a hard time sleeping without it.

The first night was so weird, but I noticed I didn't want to get out of bed, I got some deep sleep, normally I toss and turn with normal blankets.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
20826 posts
31263 upvotes
ONTARIO
Make sure if you get a weighted blanket you get the correct weight. Don't think 5-10lbs won't make too much of a difference.
Some years back when I first started hearing about these, I bought one from Amazon. It was a 25lb version that was deeply discounted (which is why I bought it).

It hasn't been used for years now. Way too freaking heavy. I can use it for like 20-30 minutes but then I have to push it off me.
I feel like even 20lbs would be too much.
[OP]
Jul 10, 2017
74 posts
56 upvotes
BobSagget wrote: Make sure if you get a weighted blanket you get the correct weight. Don't think 5-10lbs won't make too much of a difference.
Some years back when I first started hearing about these, I bought one from Amazon. It was a 25lb version that was deeply discounted (which is why I bought it).

It hasn't been used for years now. Way too freaking heavy. I can use it for like 20-30 minutes but then I have to push it off me.
I feel like even 20lbs would be too much.
25 lbs is waaaay too much.

Like I said, 20 lbs is "extra", for people that know they like a lot of weight.

15 lbs is the goldilocks zone for basically everyone.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7166 posts
2829 upvotes
Calgary
Would order a 15-lb for my husband but only flamingo and turquoise left.
Jun 30, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
boomyak wrote: 25 lbs is waaaay too much.

Like I said, 20 lbs is "extra", for people that know they like a lot of weight.

15 lbs is the goldilocks zone for basically everyone.
Huh, good to know. Since I'm going to give these as gifts, I'll go for the 15lb version. Hopefully they like them (I have no idea if they like the sheets tucked in or not).
Jun 30, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
althetrainer wrote: Would order a 15-lb for my husband but only flamingo and turquoise left.
Oh no! Well, I hope all of my nephews like turquoise Winking Face
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7166 posts
2829 upvotes
Calgary
HeliumNova wrote: Oh no! Well, I hope all of my nephews like turquoise Winking Face
I ended up ordering a turquoise. I can make a duvet for it easily then use the minky cover on laundry days. Should work.
[OP]
Jul 10, 2017
74 posts
56 upvotes
althetrainer wrote: I ended up ordering a turquoise. I can make a duvet for it easily then use the minky cover on laundry days. Should work.
I went with the Garnet Red one, it looks like a very deep colour.
Jun 30, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
althetrainer wrote: I ended up ordering a turquoise. I can make a duvet for it easily then use the minky cover on laundry days. Should work.
You are a lot more crafty than I am, but sounds like a solid plan
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7166 posts
2829 upvotes
Calgary
boomyak wrote:
I went with the Garnet Red one, it looks like a very deep colour.
You must have ordered early on. Red was no longer available by the time I looked.
HeliumNova wrote:
You are a lot more crafty than I am, but sounds like a solid plan
Haha thanks! I have been sewing for my family for 20+ years. We have many duvets in the linen closet collecting dust. I will let my husband pick one then cut and sew, all it takes is a pair of scissors and a sewing machine.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)