Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] LIGHTNING DEAL! Audio-Technica ATH-M30x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones - $79.99

[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11452 posts
8300 upvotes
Oil Country

[Amazon.ca] LIGHTNING DEAL! Audio-Technica ATH-M30x Professional Studio Monitor Headphones - $79.99

This deal is available through the Amazon mobile app only, for the next 9 hours and 30 minutes.
"Retail is for suckers."
- the K-Man
33 replies
Nov 23, 2013
350 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
What`s a good model number compare to beats solo 2 wireless in terms of quality of the sound and the price?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11452 posts
8300 upvotes
Oil Country
gnafxu wrote: What`s a good model number compare to beats solo 2 wireless in terms of quality of the sound and the price?
Dunno... have you checked Head-Fi.org? I think most audio enthusiasts tend to avoid wireless headphones.
"Retail is for suckers."
- the K-Man
Aug 28, 2006
918 posts
169 upvotes
Scarborough
SickBeast wrote: That's a scam! Be careful! Anything with $5.54 shipping is a scam on amazon.ca.
This company is most definitely not a scam. They make a pretty damn good studio headset. http://thestatusaudio.com/ This amazon store seems to be their official store as well though that I can not confirm. But just wanted to shed the light that this is a legit company.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
3004 posts
504 upvotes
Alberta
SickBeast wrote: That's a scam! Be careful! Anything with $5.54 shipping is a scam on amazon.ca.
....no, anything $5.54 shipping does not mean scam on amazon.ca

But this particular seller is probably a scam
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3321 posts
1411 upvotes
Vancouver
What's the significance? Is that the shopping equivalent of 666 or something?
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15165 posts
6176 upvotes
Bishop8 wrote: What's the significance? Is that the shopping equivalent of 666 or something?
Yes. It is the number of the beast.
I am a Zoomer customer.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11452 posts
8300 upvotes
Oil Country
Otters11 wrote: https://www.amazon.ca/Status-Audio-Clos ... atus+audio

This is a similar (and possibly better) set for those who miss out on the deal, or are looking for something other than Audio Technica
I can't comment on Status-Audio, as I've never heard of them before. I've own 4-5 different sets of Audio-Technica headphones, and I find their build quality to be excellent. Probably among the best I've used, along with Beyerdynamic.

I can't speak for the ATH-M30x, but if they're anything like the ATH-M30, then they should be a great set of a headphones. I used to put the M30's volume up to a reasonable level at work, and there was never any leakage. My co-workers never heard anything, and I we all sat in close proximity to one another. Considering they weren't noise cancelling headphones , they still did a decent job of blocking out surrounding noise while you listen to music. I also loved how the M30 weren't heavy on bass. Perfect for use at work.

The only issue I had with the M30 headphones was, they were uncomfortable to use for long periods of time. I noticed a few reviews/posts indicate the M30x are much more comfortable though.
"Retail is for suckers."
- the K-Man
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3702 posts
3769 upvotes
Ottawa
gnafxu wrote: What`s a good model number compare to beats solo 2 wireless in terms of quality of the sound and the price?
Sound quality? Beats?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Good one.
Tampa Bay Lightning2020 Stanley Cup Champions!!!
The Last of Us Part II - Game of the Year 2020
Cyberpunk 2077 - Game of the Year 2021 - calling it now.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11452 posts
8300 upvotes
Oil Country
Batarang wrote: Sound quality? Beats?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Good one.
Be nice... Some people aren't up to snuff with this stuff
"Retail is for suckers."
- the K-Man
Nov 12, 2013
113 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ffs I have been waiting for these to go on sale, sign in add to cart and 100% claimed.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11452 posts
8300 upvotes
Oil Country
aleks416 wrote: Ffs I have been waiting for these to go on sale, sign in add to cart and 100% claimed.
Maybe they'll add more, or maybe some people have them in their carts but haven't purchased them yet.
"Retail is for suckers."
- the K-Man
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
11452 posts
8300 upvotes
Oil Country
aleks416 wrote: Ffs I have been waiting for these to go on sale, sign in add to cart and 100% claimed.
I think they added more units, because I'm seeing 73% claimed now.
"Retail is for suckers."
- the K-Man
Nov 12, 2013
113 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sweet I was cheesed so I went to go work out and figured I would check if any response and they are available now so I got them. Thanks guys.
Nov 23, 2013
350 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
Please tell me, so I can learn, thank you.
Jul 30, 2008
126 posts
77 upvotes
gnafxu wrote: Please tell me, so I can learn, thank you.
Generally, audiophiles tend to avoid Beats. They are thought to be poor value - what you get sound quality wise isn't enough to justify the cost. Bose tends to be lumped in this category of poor value too. It just seems they are popular without being good, so people that take their headphones seriously often mock people who wear Beats. For most headphones, 'you get what you pay for', but Beats and Bose tend to be 'you get less than what you pay for'.

That said, there's a lot of personal preference that goes into picking the right headphones. Some people like flat sounds (AKG701's come to mind), while others like warmer sounding headphones (Sennheiser HD595 or HD598s would be warmer although not that warm). Both of these headphones (598s being the newer version of the 595s) are probably better sound quality than the Beats Solo 2 you mentioned, and at a lower cost (~200 to 250). A lot of people gravitate to 'heavy bass' as a starting point for quality, but heavy bass is easy to do - even cheap headphones can do it well. If you like bass, the Beyerdynamic DT770s are known to have very DEEP base (which isn't the same as 'heavy' bass) - if you get a chance to listen to these, you'll understand the difference right away.

The HD6XX massdrop sale the other week was a killer deal (assuming the 6XX is really the same as the HD650s).

But basically, if you're willing to pay $330 for a pair of headphones, there are a LOT of headphones in that price range that will be awesome. The ones I mentioned aren't wireless though, with the thought being that wireless headphones don't have as good sound as wired ones. You could also consider IEMs (in-ear monitors) which are often cheaper and can be surprisingly good. The Shure s120s, s130s etc are deep and heavy bass. And can usually be found cheap on boxing day/black friday.

The best thing to do is to go into a headphone shop and listen to some pairs. Bring your own music, and listen to the same song on different headphones. Tell the staff what sort of music you listen to, and what sound qualities you like. And research headphones - someone pointed out head-fi.org as a good resource, and I agree.

I'm by no means an expert, but I do spend money on headphones and I like music! Be warned though, this can be an expensive hobby!
Nov 23, 2013
350 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
tinybabyrobot wrote: Generally, audiophiles tend to avoid Beats. They are thought to be poor value - what you get sound quality wise isn't enough to justify the cost. Bose tends to be lumped in this category of poor value too. It just seems they are popular without being good, so people that take their headphones seriously often mock people who wear Beats. For most headphones, 'you get what you pay for', but Beats and Bose tend to be 'you get less than what you pay for'.

That said, there's a lot of personal preference that goes into picking the right headphones. Some people like flat sounds (AKG701's come to mind), while others like warmer sounding headphones (Sennheiser HD595 or HD598s would be warmer although not that warm). Both of these headphones (598s being the newer version of the 595s) are probably better sound quality than the Beats Solo 2 you mentioned, and at a lower cost (~200 to 250). A lot of people gravitate to 'heavy bass' as a starting point for quality, but heavy bass is easy to do - even cheap headphones can do it well. If you like bass, the Beyerdynamic DT770s are known to have very DEEP base (which isn't the same as 'heavy' bass) - if you get a chance to listen to these, you'll understand the difference right away.

The HD6XX massdrop sale the other week was a killer deal (assuming the 6XX is really the same as the HD650s).

But basically, if you're willing to pay $330 for a pair of headphones, there are a LOT of headphones in that price range that will be awesome. The ones I mentioned aren't wireless though, with the thought being that wireless headphones don't have as good sound as wired ones. You could also consider IEMs (in-ear monitors) which are often cheaper and can be surprisingly good. The Shure s120s, s130s etc are deep and heavy bass. And can usually be found cheap on boxing day/black friday.

The best thing to do is to go into a headphone shop and listen to some pairs. Bring your own music, and listen to the same song on different headphones. Tell the staff what sort of music you listen to, and what sound qualities you like. And research headphones - someone pointed out head-fi.org as a good resource, and I agree.

I'm by no means an expert, but I do spend money on headphones and I like music! Be warned though, this can be an expensive hobby!
That was helpful, I will start from there, thanks a lot.
Banned
Nov 14, 2013
1701 posts
766 upvotes
Moncton
tinybabyrobot wrote: Generally, audiophiles tend to avoid Beats. They are thought to be poor value - what you get sound quality wise isn't enough to justify the cost. Bose tends to be lumped in this category of poor value too. It just seems they are popular without being good, so people that take their headphones seriously often mock people who wear Beats. For most headphones, 'you get what you pay for', but Beats and Bose tend to be 'you get less than what you pay for'.

ya but beats look really nice, that actually costs something too. Mind you personally I dont care that much about the look of my headphones.