[Amazon.ca] *Lightning Deal* INLIFE Laser Distance Meter 131Ft/ 40M - $18.67

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 21st, 2019 11:47 am
[OP]
Mar 24, 2003
623 posts
149 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] *Lightning Deal* INLIFE Laser Distance Meter 131Ft/ 40M - $18.67

Lightning Deal plus there is a $5 coupon that bring the price down to $18.67.
15 replies
Jul 17, 2007
477 posts
689 upvotes
Montreal
I must resist, but I already spent 16 on the squatty potty
THE HARDEST THING ABOUT SALES,IS KNOWING WHERE NOT TO WASTE TIME
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7018 posts
2667 upvotes
Calgary
Deal didn't last long.
Last edited by althetrainer on Dec 21st, 2019 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 17, 2017
182 posts
79 upvotes
like others...........i would like this.....but have no idea why I would need one.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2425 posts
330 upvotes
Burnaby
good to know
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4336 posts
4386 upvotes
Vancouver
They're cheap and handy to have for making measurements in certain circumstances where you can't easily stretch a measuring tape. However stretching a measuring tape is more accurate - the laser measuring tool is not accurate enough for something like cutting a piece to fit. Also the range is a bit misleading - it's almost impossible to see the tiny laser spot at a distance much more than 30' in daylight, and indoors you would seldom be making a measurement longer than that anyway. You can do it, but it's impossible to hand-hold since the laser dot would be shaking around and giving you an inaccurate reading even if you could see it. You would need a tripod mount and binoculars.
Feb 18, 2007
900 posts
1084 upvotes
Vancouver
Scote64 wrote: They're cheap and handy to have for making measurements in certain circumstances where you can't easily stretch a measuring tape. However stretching a measuring tape is more accurate - the laser measuring tool is not accurate enough for something like cutting a piece to fit. Also the range is a bit misleading - it's almost impossible to see the tiny laser spot at a distance much more than 30' in daylight, and indoors you would seldom be making a measurement longer than that anyway. You can do it, but it's impossible to hand-hold since the laser dot would be shaking around and giving you an inaccurate reading even if you could see it. You would need a tripod mount and binoculars.
I hand hold a 1400m+ laser range finder for shooting... pretty sure you can manage one for 40m.
Apr 13, 2017
450 posts
233 upvotes
plummer6699 wrote: like others...........i would like this.....but have no idea why I would need one.

Shhhhhh this is RFD where you buy first think later. I'm glad the deal died when I got to it because I'd bought it without thinking. =(
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4336 posts
4386 upvotes
Vancouver
danascully wrote: I hand hold a 1400m+ laser range finder for shooting... pretty sure you can manage one for 40m.
That's different - you're trying to get an approximate measurement from anything in the right vicinity, not trying to make an accurate measurement of the exact distance to a specific spot. For shooting it doesn't matter if the reading is bouncing around between 500m and 510m, but for making a measurement of how to cut a pipe, it matters very much whether it's 30.25m or 30.27m.
Dec 28, 2011
493 posts
412 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
This is pretty much the same price you can get it from China. This is also considered an older model compared to the newer Chinese ones.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2179 posts
1230 upvotes
Calgary
Deal isn't dead for me. It's just a bit strange because the actual price isn't the largest font.
Feb 18, 2007
900 posts
1084 upvotes
Vancouver
Scote64 wrote: That's different - you're trying to get an approximate measurement from anything in the right vicinity, not trying to make an accurate measurement of the exact distance to a specific spot. For shooting it doesn't matter if the reading is bouncing around between 500m and 510m, but for making a measurement of how to cut a pipe, it matters very much whether it's 30.25m or 30.27m.
Uh no.

That is exactly what what you are doing with a laser range finder for shooting, actually.

You want +/- 1 yard if not better. Or pretty much as accurate as the LRF can get you. People pay obscene amounts of money in the LR shooting world for this capability.
[OP]
Mar 24, 2003
623 posts
149 upvotes
ExplodingFist wrote: This is pretty much the same price you can get it from China. This is also considered an older model compared to the newer Chinese ones.
can u link where we can get it ?