Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] [LIGHTNING DEAL] ThermoPro TP08 Wireless Remote Digital Kitchen Cooking Meat Thermometer

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2017 1:43 pm
[OP]
Aug 18, 2013
208 posts
229 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] [LIGHTNING DEAL] ThermoPro TP08 Wireless Remote Digital Kitchen Cooking Meat Thermometer

Hey Everyone!

I keep seeing this thermometer on amazon go on sale.

Does anyone have any experience with this one? and is this a good price?

thanks!
Last edited by wchau85 on Aug 3rd, 2017 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
27 replies
Oct 11, 2010
966 posts
317 upvotes
Charlottetown
It's not a crazy hot deal or anything but it is indeed a good thermo for the price
Jun 7, 2011
252 posts
213 upvotes
Orangeville
For reference, this was 47.99 when i picked it up on prime day. $2 more isn't a bad deal.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2539 posts
102 upvotes
flyer12 wrote: Not really a viable purchase option - only saving $8 and you have to wait for it to arrive from China (2-3 months) and risk taxes and duties.
Buy it from Amazon if you want it and have it next week. Also, no hassle returns if you change your mind.
Post was intended as a, "this is just someone sourcing crap from Aliexpress and reselling on Amazon. As with all posts about similar products, this whole thread is likely a thinly veiled shill ad.

http://fakespot.com/product/thermopro-t ... -feet-away
Dec 10, 2012
219 posts
237 upvotes
I got the TP-07 instead for 34.42$ all in. There is a code on amazon.ca for it and it is also wireless, but with just one probe.
Sep 12, 2011
54 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto
Trying to find the code but don't see it. Can you paste here?
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
1969 posts
1969 upvotes
There's plenty of cheaper options out there that do the same thing. Granted, the cheaper ones may not be as accurate, but unless you need your food cooked to a very specific temperature and cannot handle a 1-2 degree margin or error, I'd suggest saving some cash and getting a cheaper one.

That said, I bought a cheaper one and I absolutely love it. Makes BBQ an absolutely breeze, and I can guarantee the meat comes out perfect every time without the guess work and cutting open the meats to see the inside.
Dec 10, 2012
219 posts
237 upvotes
You know of a reliable wireless digital meat thermometer for less than 35$?
Dec 10, 2012
219 posts
237 upvotes
dherling wrote: Trying to find the code but don't see it. Can you paste here?
Code is 3YEOCDQQ . It's in the special offers section of the TP07 page.
Dec 10, 2012
219 posts
237 upvotes
Come to think of it actually, I think the link in the OP is for the TP07 and not the TP08, despite the name and image. There is another image of a "Canadian version", which I think is the TP07.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
1969 posts
1969 upvotes
Behacad wrote: You know of a reliable wireless digital meat thermometer for less than 35$?
I have this one:
LINK

Take a look around amazon and you'll find it rebranded for cheaper (look on aliexpress and it'll be cheaper still).
Nov 9, 2010
227 posts
153 upvotes
Montreal
Get a two-probe version as you WILL need the second probe when the wire on the first one breaks off at the point where it enters in the probe. It is poorly designed - there is no transition on the wire, so the point where the wire enters in the probe will be always under higher stress that the rest of the cable. The problem is very annoying because it is intermittent - the copper breaks _inside_ the insulation without apparent visual signs, and two broken pieces do make contact from time to time. If you see your display suddenly shows "LOW" of "HIGH" instead of the numbers, now you know why...

Is it repairable? Yes. You will have to cut off the compressed "ring" at the end where the wire enters. Be careful not to cut off the wire at this point - it will be difficult to pull it out. Once the "ring" is off, pull out the themocouple. Cut the wire where it broke, re-crimp (no soldering!) the thermocouple and slide it back. Don't pull on the wire and you'll be just fine; push it in from time to time just to make sure that the thermocouple is at the tip of the probe.

Tip: how to find the exact place where the wire broke. Make a kind of half-loop with the suspected break-point somewhere in the middle. You will see it right away - the loop won't be round in that spot. Or you can try to slightly bend the wire - the spot where it bends easier is the place where the copper is broken.
//don't ask me how I know this ;o)
Deal Addict
Mar 3, 2011
3433 posts
19317 upvotes
Just out of curiosity, what are you guys probing?
[OP]
Aug 18, 2013
208 posts
229 upvotes
markopas wrote: Just out of curiosity, what are you guys probing?

I can't tell if this is serious or not....

If it is serious... I like to do pork shoulder to get some nice pulled pork going on..

If not serious... then my butt
Jul 11, 2007
462 posts
94 upvotes
GTA
notice the temperature prob on TP-7 and TP-8 are probably the same, but the temp range reader are different... high searing heat BBQers may want to go TP-8..

Item model number: TP-07 - STEP-DOWN probe tip design; Probe and Wire can withstand up to 716°F (380°C)ThermoPro oven thermometer Temperature range of probe: 15.8˚F to 482˚F (-9˚C to 250˚C), ±1.5°F/0.8°C accuracy
Item model number: TP-08 - 2. Probe and Wire can withstand up to 716°F (380°C) Temperature Range: 32°F to 572°F (0°C to 300°C)
Dec 10, 2012
219 posts
237 upvotes
wildzero wrote: I have this one:
LINK

Take a look around amazon and you'll find it rebranded for cheaper (look on aliexpress and it'll be cheaper still).
Probably OK, but I'd rather pay another 10-15$ for a product that is rated much better (4.5 vs 3.5 stars with 1000+ reviews for example)
Jul 3, 2008
786 posts
251 upvotes
boisbriand
can we use this in a normal propane bbq or its not possible to place it without melting it?
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2006
1084 posts
463 upvotes
Ottawa
I paid USD37 for the TP07 (single probe) and it's served me well for a year.

But, two probes is better. I paid CAD59 for the TOP08 and it's the more useful product. CAD50 seems like a good deal.

NOTE - the probes are not super rugged so don't pull them out of meat using the wire. Also, the temperature seems calibrated well enough (I tested with ice and boiling water) but with a big hunk of meat it will give you an average along the length of the probe. NOT the coldest temperature inside the meat. Always use a thermapen or other instant-read to check internal temp.
McDealer: Good morning, gentlemen, the temperature is 110 degrees.
Wolfman: Holy s*** , it's McDealer!