• Last Updated:
  • Jul 15th, 2019 9:38 am
24 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
13509 posts
25713 upvotes
Scarborough
We did update how Amazon links are handled recently but the links in that thread all work fine for me. I’ll have someone look into it ASAP as we want those links to work properly for everyone.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Nov 30, 2010
558 posts
385 upvotes
Burnaby
TomRFD wrote: @Slashon by any chance did you use a US VPN server when trying to click those links?
No VPN used. Just "normal" wifi on a mobile device pointing to a BC address.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
13509 posts
25713 upvotes
Scarborough
Slashon wrote: No VPN used. Just "normal" wifi on a mobile device pointing to a BC address.
Thanks for letting me know. Are you still experiencing the issue with being redirected to Amazon.com?
[OP]
Nov 30, 2010
558 posts
385 upvotes
Burnaby
TomRFD wrote: Thanks for letting me know. Are you still experiencing the issue with being redirected to Amazon.com?
Yup, tried the Bose link just now and still redirects to amazon.com

On a mobile device, using 4G this time. No VPN
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
13509 posts
25713 upvotes
Scarborough
Slashon wrote: Yup, tried the Bose link just now and still redirects to amazon.com

That's very odd indeed. We're still doing some testing on our end and haven't figured out the exact reason why it's happening and for just a select few users. I'll share an update when we figure out why it's happening.
Nov 27, 2011
326 posts
208 upvotes
Canadia
Slashon wrote: Yup, tried the Bose link just now and still redirects to amazon.com

TomRFD wrote: That's very odd indeed. We're still doing some testing on our end and haven't figured out the exact reason why it's happening and for just a select few users. I'll share an update when we figure out why it's happening.
Tried the same amazon.ca bose link from the other thread, and I was redirected to amazon.com ...weird! Confused Face
[OP]
Nov 30, 2010
558 posts
385 upvotes
Burnaby
TomRFD wrote: That's very odd indeed. We're still doing some testing on our end and haven't figured out the exact reason why it's happening and for just a select few users. I'll share an update when we figure out why it's happening.
Cheers, thanks for looking into this.
Feel free to quote me and request a test whenever you need it.
Mar 26, 2006
251 posts
93 upvotes
Brampton
TENSEVEN wrote: Tried the same amazon.ca bose link from the other thread, and I was redirected to amazon.com ...weird! Confused Face
I'm getting the same issue, any amazon.ca link is redirected to amazon.com, started happening today
Jul 21, 2016
749 posts
1299 upvotes
Same issue happen to me, but only on my phone mobile internet. Not at home.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  / \
   | |
  _/ ¯ \_
🆁🅴🅳 🅵🅻🅰🅶 🅳🅴🅰🅻🆂
Nov 22, 2017
126 posts
216 upvotes
Montreal
Have the same issue last few days.
Yesterday afternoon something was done and it started working properly, but this morning again sends me to com.
I am in Montreal and provider Rogers, no vpn.
Please fix it before Prime day 15-16 July!
Thank you.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
13509 posts
25713 upvotes
Scarborough
I've confirmed that anyone using a US IP will be sent to Amazon.com (instead of Amazon.ca) when clicking on any of our Amazon Canada links.

It appears that some of you on Canadian ISP's, who aren't using a VPN, are also still being sent to Amazon.com. The system may be incorrectly recognizing your ISP's as being from the US. We're still looking into this and hopeful to have this resolved ahead of Prime Day.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3912 posts
3447 upvotes
The NORTH
Every Amazon link redirects me to the .com site. Mobile user on Android, using chrome browser, no VPN. It happens if my phone is connected to home wifi (Shaw) or LTE (Bell). Seems odd that these two LARGE Canadian companies would have thier ip's confused as american...

Been happening since yesterday.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
1273 posts
420 upvotes
Ontario
I'm getting the same thing as well here at work, but I believe all our web traffic flows through our office in MIchigan

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)