• May 17th, 2020 10:12 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 25, 2011
4133 posts
9610 upvotes
Quebec

[Amazon.ca] Lithonia Flood Light 100-Watt Metal Halide -- 19,30$

In my opinion, every intervention in RFD deserve a "thanks". Thanks given until now: more than 100,000

Giving "Likes" gives cancer.... Don't do it!!!!
11 replies
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
2115 posts
322 upvotes
Might be suitable as a good growlight!
Dec 13, 2005
408 posts
55 upvotes
Mono, Ontario
do they have led flood lights?
Nov 15, 2009
15 posts
7 upvotes
Halton Hills, ON
Grabbing one to replace an old 500W halogen light. Worth a try for the price.
Nov 26, 2013
225 posts
86 upvotes
Surrey, BC
That's what I was thinking. I wanted to try my luck growing tomato plant indoors. Would this work?
baymoe wrote: Might be suitable as a good growlight!
Mar 18, 2008
542 posts
689 upvotes
Toronto
ilovevideogames wrote: That's what I was thinking. I wanted to try my luck growing tomato plant indoors. Would this work?
Yeah but you would need a ballast and etc. it also doesn’t have the ideal spectrums, but it will work.

I would look into a cheaper LED light as it would create less heat and consume less electricity $
Nov 26, 2003
563 posts
429 upvotes
GTA
ji2o0k wrote: Good price, need one with motion detector...that would be best...
I don't think that metal halide fixtures are ever used with motion sensors because they take so long to warm-up - minutes.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2004
2115 posts
322 upvotes
ilovevideogames wrote: That's what I was thinking. I wanted to try my luck growing tomato plant indoors. Would this work?
Just recently tipped my toes in gardening. I'd say this might be a better option than LED grow lights as they can get expensive real fast. Another option is to just use plan old cfl bulbs. I find that the tomato plants we have growing in the basement seem to be quite receptive of the 42watt cfl bulbs that we picked up from dollarama some time ago. We have 6 running in tandem and we could literally see growth daily.
Nov 26, 2013
225 posts
86 upvotes
Surrey, BC
typhooney wrote: Yeah but you would need a ballast and etc. it also doesn’t have the ideal spectrums, but it will work.

I would look into a cheaper LED light as it would create less heat and consume less electricity $
okay thank you!
Nov 26, 2013
225 posts
86 upvotes
Surrey, BC
hey thanks for noting the CFl bulbs. I happened to find one in storage after you had made mention of it. Thought I would try it out. My plants have already responded to it. They were started to flop (due to low light conditions) so I placed a CFL nice and close and they started to correct their posture. So cool to watch over the span of several hours!
baymoe wrote: Just recently tipped my toes in gardening. I'd say this might be a better option than LED grow lights as they can get expensive real fast. Another option is to just use plan old cfl bulbs. I find that the tomato plants we have growing in the basement seem to be quite receptive of the 42watt cfl bulbs that we picked up from dollarama some time ago. We have 6 running in tandem and we could literally see growth daily.