• Last Updated:
  • Dec 18th, 2020 12:12 pm
[OP]
May 30, 2013
261 posts
644 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Logitech G MX518 Gaming Mouse

Logitech G MX518 Gaming Mouse - $29.99

HERO Sensor: Our most accurate sensor with pixel-precise tracking at up to 400+ IPS max speed, 16,000 max DPI, and 10x less power consumption than our previous generation
32-bit ARM Processor: Processor with onboard memory and 1ms report rate
Onboard Memory: MX518 comes fully loaded. Save up to five profiles to the onboard memory, using Logitech Gaming Software (LGS) or Logitech G HUB, and take them with you
On-the-Fly DPI: Cycle up and down through as many as five DPI settings with a single click of the buttons directly above and below the wheel
8 Programmable Buttons: 8 buttons to program custom commands and macros
41BB9866BlL._AC_.jpg
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 1st, 2021 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: non-rfd affiliate link removed
17 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
1655 posts
1126 upvotes
AB
A god among mice
Oct 15, 2020
117 posts
263 upvotes
montreal, QC
I just came back from returning this. The amazon box was unopened. I'll stick to my G203 for 19.99$ which the RGB lighting heats up during winter ...
Is this thing on?
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2011
1666 posts
1566 upvotes
Toronto
jonleo wrote: I just came back from returning this. The amazon box was unopened. I'll stick to my G203 for 19.99$ which the RGB lighting heats up during winter ...
where is this on sale for $20??
XBL: Swauny Jones
PSN: SwaunyJones
Sep 2, 2007
276 posts
197 upvotes
porksoda wrote: you guys dont like the 502?
Call me crazy but I bought the G502 twice trying to like it as my older mouse is getting hard to find for a decent deal, however the shape, extra left finger buttons and metal/plastic wheel of the G502 never felt good to me.

I permanently broke my current favorite mouse the G300S recently after several double click fixes the little metal plate inside the microswitches finally fully broke after all the rebending and mangling around.
Thankfully I had basically this same MX518 Mouse as a backup, the G500S, this mouse and shape was my goto maybe 5-10 years ago where I must have used palm grip, but man does my pinky not like these mice anymore and I guess I'm a claw grip user?

Rant: I came to loving the G300S a few years ago when I was comparing several mice, it was the cheapest for one and very light which I started to prefer and seems to now be the trend with hollow shells now, had plenty of buttons at 9, sturdy and precise wheel without the annoying (to me) left right tilt, I wasn't sure about no thumb buttons however I liked the grip better without worrying about thumb buttons. But man the double click issue is so annoying it seems unthinkable this hasn't been solved yet as all my logitech gaming mice have died of this disease. Am I crazy or is there any switches that have fixed it? I know razor has some new optical switches however I think they are still prone? Seems like this is just something we have to live with??

I've been struggling pretty hard trying to find a replacement light "claw grip" mouse for the G300S, does anyone have any suggestions? Most of the better gaming mice in my price range seem to be very similar to the G502.

Last edited by RedruM7 on Dec 15th, 2020 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 23, 2010
230 posts
356 upvotes
Toronto
I have the logitech g402. It's comfortable, reliable, stylish, and has some nice software for macros.
Penalty Box
Nov 22, 2013
2174 posts
1299 upvotes
Sarnia
I gave Logitech multiple chances at providing a mouse that was reliable and also didn't have the visual detailing come off and they failed. Not ready to give them another chance. Seems to be a highly rated product by consumers though.
Oct 15, 2020
117 posts
263 upvotes
montreal, QC
SwaunyJones wrote: where is this on sale for $20??
Amazon, it will come back. Keep a close look
Is this thing on?
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2004
1022 posts
390 upvotes
iggy666 wrote: This is a nu G MX518, it's of garbage quality.
I still have an original. I have no idea how old it is but it's disgusting (and still works flawlessly)

These deals tempt me lol
Banned
Dec 6, 2020
34 posts
49 upvotes
Montreal
This is the nu G MX518, garbage quality.
Untitled.png
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
6670 posts
2485 upvotes
GTA
RedruM7 wrote: Call me crazy but I bought the G502 twice trying to like it as my older mouse is getting hard to find for a decent deal, however the shape, extra left finger buttons and metal/plastic wheel of the G502 never felt good to me.
Looks like there are different versions of 502, i was mentioning the 502 hero and hero se.

Sep 26, 2013
145 posts
101 upvotes
Winnipeg
Honestly I don't think I'll be buying Logitech mice again after buying them for probably over a decade. The quality and quality control have dropped a ton.
Sep 2, 2007
276 posts
197 upvotes
porksoda wrote:
Looks like there are different versions of 502, i was mentioning the 502 hero and hero se.

Yeah thats pretty much the one I bought twice (once maybe 3 years ago and this last black friday) as it seemed to be the best deal in gaming mice at about $50 with the most features and good reviews, but yeah the personal feel of it doesn't do it for me, its hard to explain as I guess its pretty subjective.
Canadian204 wrote: Honestly I don't think I'll be buying Logitech mice again after buying them for probably over a decade. The quality and quality control have dropped a ton.
My thoughts too, but I almost think its more their durability than their quality as brand new the quality is usually good, just overtime reliability is poor as I guess mice become a disposable replace every year or two item that can rake in cash, so why bother to fix kinda thing sadly :( I'm thinking of trying another brand but Razor is the only other high end gaming mouse company I can think of... I may go way off and try a cheap amazon gaming mouse with good reviews and treat it more as a disposable mouse not unlike Logitech but cheaper but I feel a lot of buy & returns if I go this route.

BTW Are there any other "Claw grip" mice users here?? :P
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
6670 posts
2485 upvotes
GTA
@RedruM7 My Wireless is not cutting it anymore for the precision work i do, and pixel hoping has gotten old. I was thinking this would be it, but if grip/feel is not good then perhaps i will try it out with caution.
I currently use the mx master.
Jan 20, 2007
996 posts
314 upvotes
GTA
My current mouse is a g700s (I always have it wired in). Left button is starting to fail...
I like it though... what would be a good replacement for it these days?