Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse $129.99 Also from Bestbuy

  • Last Updated:
  • Oct 15th, 2020 11:35 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
1736 posts
2113 upvotes
TORONTO

[Amazon.ca] logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse $129.99 Also from Bestbuy

Definitely not for everybody, but $129.99 is the lowest ever from Amazon and other big retailers.
If you want the best of the best, light wireless medium sized mouse, this is the one.

Adding a little review, since I've been using mine for about 2 years.
Pros:
-Wireless, medium sized, ambidextrous(if important for you), low weight
-Extremely fast, no lag (compared to other wired or wireless gaming mouse)
-Mouse surface very comfortable to the touch. (unlike the 305, 903, etc, hard slippery plastic)

Cons:
-Some batches have double click issues, good that logitech warranty is great, once you file a complaint, they just send you a new one.

Amazon's price back to regular. Bestbuy also has the same sale price.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lo ... k/12946484
Last edited by hansdoreen on Oct 14th, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
27 replies
Newbie
Dec 4, 2013
26 posts
29 upvotes
Vancouver
It's pricey but I've been using it for about an year now.
- Lightweight / Small form factor (Good for people who prefer to use a pinch grip on their mouse)
- No latency lag noticed
- I need to charge it maybe once a month (2-4 hours of usage a day)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
1736 posts
2113 upvotes
TORONTO
Added a mini review of mine.
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
Banned
Sep 19, 2012
453 posts
770 upvotes
Edmonton
Not good for large hands palm grip otherwise I'd use it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
1736 posts
2113 upvotes
TORONTO
mikered14 wrote: Not good for large hands palm grip otherwise I'd use it.
How large?
My hands are 21cm X 11cm, it's quite comfortable for me either palm or claw.

It's a mid sized mouse to me, and I love the lines and curves of it very much, no edges, great to the touch.
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2012
1324 posts
568 upvotes
Barrie
I would also consider this a small mouse compared to my previous mice which makes it harder if you want to use a palm grip.

Wireless works great and only needs to be charged for maybe an hour to fully charge and lasts 1-3 days of heavy gaming use.
Sr. Member
Jan 1, 2015
816 posts
773 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just switched to this mouse a week ago. I went from a fairly chunky mouse (Logitech G502) and was able to get used to this mouse within a day.

It's really light and I have no complaints thus far.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
1262 posts
647 upvotes
justineh wrote: How does it compare to the G703?
The G703 is a bigger mouse. Good for palm grip. A bit heavier.

If you claw grip / fingertip grip the GPW is a better option.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
1262 posts
647 upvotes
Cons:
-Some batches have double click issues, good that logitech warranty is great, once you file a complaint, they just send you a new one.
It varies. Sometimes they ask you to ship the mouse back which will take two maybe three weeks. Or they'll ask you to take a video with your RMA number on a piece of paper and to destroy the mouse. Quite annoying for a product that has a hardware design defect (Logitech is running the Omron switches out of spec).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
1736 posts
2113 upvotes
TORONTO
cmge wrote: Is it a worthy upgrade to the g900?
Tracking wise, most top mice have similar performance. Shape wise, it's personal preference.
If you want a smaller, lighter mouse, this is it. G900 is quite long for my liking, also the sharp edges and slippery plastic surface are not as nice as G pro wireless.
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2005
1577 posts
105 upvotes
Newmarket
G305, G Pro, and Viper Ultimate are all excellent wireless mice when you consider the sensor and shape for gaming. G Pro and Viper Ultimate attempt to be as light as possible while wireless, and that carries with it that caveat that there is internal battery you cannot change. G305 is heavier but it uses standard AA batteries - you can reduce weight with lithium batteries, or using a single AAA with a bit of tinfoil to ensure it forms the connection (sktechy imo) and even 3d printed backplates with holes to replace the stock one. there's nothing wrong with mice like the G900/G903 as well - if the first 3 are just too small, it's a solid consideration.

Choose the one that suits your hand best and falls within budget. For further info, look up RocketJumpNinja on Youtube - he has videos regarding all these mice and more . He has a guides (both video and written) about how to choose a mouse for your hand size and grip style preference, but he usually has a quick note about it in each mouse review too.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGJaDZ ... -XMwcbZkiw

I should mention that the upcoming Glorious Model O wireless should be a solid recommendation as well based off the previous Model O/Model O-, but it's "Preorder/Out of stock" status right now.. so not really worth consideration vs mice on sale right now.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
1736 posts
2113 upvotes
TORONTO
Vittra wrote: G305, G Pro, and Viper Ultimate are all excellent wireless mice when you consider the sensor and shape for gaming. G Pro and Viper Ultimate attempt to be as light as possible while wireless, and that carries with it that caveat that there is internal battery you cannot change. G305 is heavier but it uses standard AA batteries - you can reduce weight with lithium batteries, or using a single AAA with a bit of tinfoil to ensure it forms the connection (sktechy imo) and even 3d printed backplates with holes to replace the stock one. there's nothing wrong with mice like the G900/G903 as well - if the first 3 are just too small, it's a solid consideration.

Choose the one that suits your hand best and falls within budget. For further info, look up RocketJumpNinja on Youtube - he has videos regarding all these mice and more . He has a guides (both video and written) about how to choose a mouse for your hand size and grip style preference, but he usually has a quick note about it in each mouse review too.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGJaDZ ... -XMwcbZkiw

I should mention that the upcoming Glorious Model O wireless should be a solid recommendation as well based off the previous Model O/Model O-, but it's "Preorder/Out of stock" status right now.. so not really worth consideration vs mice on sale right now.
Yep, only channel I watch for mice reviews. Here's his list for rankings:

https://www.rocketjumpninja.com/top-mice
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
Jr. Member
Nov 15, 2011
113 posts
41 upvotes
Think I ordered the last one. Hopefully I like it but covid is making it harder to go into a store and try peripherals.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 1, 2005
1567 posts
112 upvotes
i got G604 instead at $80 for more buttons
Member
Sep 15, 2004
332 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
Would you upgrade to this from G305? I know its a bit lighter but any other pros otherwise?
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
1262 posts
647 upvotes
LondonAwaits wrote: Would you upgrade to this from G305? I know its a bit lighter but any other pros otherwise?
I had a GPW and "downgraded" to the G305. Just find a mouse that is comfortable to use to you. shape & size > everything else. The only thing that I don't like about the G305 is the mushy side buttons. It's a good mouse with AAA adapter.
Sr. Member
Sep 2, 2017
919 posts
1205 upvotes
Ontario
andersb wrote: I had a GPW and "downgraded" to the G305. Just find a mouse that is comfortable to use. shape & size > everything else. The only thing that I don't like about the G305 is the mushy side buttons. It's a good mouse with AAA adapter.
Same here, got 2 G305 for the price of one G Pro(one is a backup because I like it so much) and returned my G Pro. Also use AAA and half a plastic adapter. I didn't like the side buttons at first but I gotten used to it and have no issues with it while gaming.
Member
User avatar
Oct 19, 2019
462 posts
577 upvotes
Toronto Night Sky
Well now this is a more reasonable price for this mouse. It's been out for 2 years and the new version is coming up next month so it's obvious they will cut the price for this one.

Top