• Oct 15th, 2020 11:35 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
1209 posts
950 upvotes
TORONTO

[Amazon.ca] logitech G Pro Wireless Mouse $129.99 Also from Bestbuy

Definitely not for everybody, but $129.99 is the lowest ever from Amazon and other big retailers.
If you want the best of the best, light wireless medium sized mouse, this is the one.

Adding a little review, since I've been using mine for about 2 years.
Pros:
-Wireless, medium sized, ambidextrous(if important for you), low weight
-Extremely fast, no lag (compared to other wired or wireless gaming mouse)
-Mouse surface very comfortable to the touch. (unlike the 305, 903, etc, hard slippery plastic)

Cons:
-Some batches have double click issues, good that logitech warranty is great, once you file a complaint, they just send you a new one.

Amazon's price back to regular. Bestbuy also has the same sale price.

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lo ... k/12946484
Last edited by hansdoreen on Oct 14th, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
27 replies
Dec 4, 2013
15 posts
14 upvotes
Vancouver
It's pricey but I've been using it for about an year now.
- Lightweight / Small form factor (Good for people who prefer to use a pinch grip on their mouse)
- No latency lag noticed
- I need to charge it maybe once a month (2-4 hours of usage a day)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
1209 posts
950 upvotes
TORONTO
Added a mini review of mine.
Banned
Sep 19, 2012
453 posts
761 upvotes
Edmonton
Not good for large hands palm grip otherwise I'd use it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
1209 posts
950 upvotes
TORONTO
mikered14 wrote: Not good for large hands palm grip otherwise I'd use it.
How large?
My hands are 21cm X 11cm, it's quite comfortable for me either palm or claw.

It's a mid sized mouse to me, and I love the lines and curves of it very much, no edges, great to the touch.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2012
1289 posts
402 upvotes
Barrie
I would also consider this a small mouse compared to my previous mice which makes it harder if you want to use a palm grip.

Wireless works great and only needs to be charged for maybe an hour to fully charge and lasts 1-3 days of heavy gaming use.
Jan 1, 2015
603 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just switched to this mouse a week ago. I went from a fairly chunky mouse (Logitech G502) and was able to get used to this mouse within a day.

It's really light and I have no complaints thus far.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
1247 posts
622 upvotes
justineh wrote: How does it compare to the G703?
The G703 is a bigger mouse. Good for palm grip. A bit heavier.

If you claw grip / fingertip grip the GPW is a better option.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
1247 posts
622 upvotes
Cons:
-Some batches have double click issues, good that logitech warranty is great, once you file a complaint, they just send you a new one.
It varies. Sometimes they ask you to ship the mouse back which will take two maybe three weeks. Or they'll ask you to take a video with your RMA number on a piece of paper and to destroy the mouse. Quite annoying for a product that has a hardware design defect (Logitech is running the Omron switches out of spec).
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
1209 posts
950 upvotes
TORONTO
cmge wrote: Is it a worthy upgrade to the g900?
Tracking wise, most top mice have similar performance. Shape wise, it's personal preference.
If you want a smaller, lighter mouse, this is it. G900 is quite long for my liking, also the sharp edges and slippery plastic surface are not as nice as G pro wireless.
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2005
1572 posts
50 upvotes
Newmarket
G305, G Pro, and Viper Ultimate are all excellent wireless mice when you consider the sensor and shape for gaming. G Pro and Viper Ultimate attempt to be as light as possible while wireless, and that carries with it that caveat that there is internal battery you cannot change. G305 is heavier but it uses standard AA batteries - you can reduce weight with lithium batteries, or using a single AAA with a bit of tinfoil to ensure it forms the connection (sktechy imo) and even 3d printed backplates with holes to replace the stock one. there's nothing wrong with mice like the G900/G903 as well - if the first 3 are just too small, it's a solid consideration.

Choose the one that suits your hand best and falls within budget. For further info, look up RocketJumpNinja on Youtube - he has videos regarding all these mice and more . He has a guides (both video and written) about how to choose a mouse for your hand size and grip style preference, but he usually has a quick note about it in each mouse review too.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGJaDZ ... -XMwcbZkiw

I should mention that the upcoming Glorious Model O wireless should be a solid recommendation as well based off the previous Model O/Model O-, but it's "Preorder/Out of stock" status right now.. so not really worth consideration vs mice on sale right now.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
1209 posts
950 upvotes
TORONTO
Vittra wrote: G305, G Pro, and Viper Ultimate are all excellent wireless mice when you consider the sensor and shape for gaming. G Pro and Viper Ultimate attempt to be as light as possible while wireless, and that carries with it that caveat that there is internal battery you cannot change. G305 is heavier but it uses standard AA batteries - you can reduce weight with lithium batteries, or using a single AAA with a bit of tinfoil to ensure it forms the connection (sktechy imo) and even 3d printed backplates with holes to replace the stock one. there's nothing wrong with mice like the G900/G903 as well - if the first 3 are just too small, it's a solid consideration.

Choose the one that suits your hand best and falls within budget. For further info, look up RocketJumpNinja on Youtube - he has videos regarding all these mice and more . He has a guides (both video and written) about how to choose a mouse for your hand size and grip style preference, but he usually has a quick note about it in each mouse review too.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGJaDZ ... -XMwcbZkiw

I should mention that the upcoming Glorious Model O wireless should be a solid recommendation as well based off the previous Model O/Model O-, but it's "Preorder/Out of stock" status right now.. so not really worth consideration vs mice on sale right now.
Yep, only channel I watch for mice reviews. Here's his list for rankings:

https://www.rocketjumpninja.com/top-mice
Nov 15, 2011
111 posts
40 upvotes
Think I ordered the last one. Hopefully I like it but covid is making it harder to go into a store and try peripherals.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)