Logitech G Pro X Superlight mouse - ATL $169.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2022 4:09 am
[OP]
Jan 1, 2021
235 posts
344 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Logitech G Pro X Superlight mouse - ATL $169.99

The legendary Logitech G Pro X Superlight mouse is actually on sale for an all-time-low of $169.99 according to CCC.

This is one of the most popular gaming mice used in esports due to its lightweight and shape. This mouse isn't for everyone - it is expensive, uses micro-USB, and some people don't like its size. That said, if you can afford it, appreciate it's light weight, and like its shape/size, this is a pretty good deal since it rarely ever goes on sale.

As @taurine pointed out, the mouse is also on sale for the same price at Best Buy: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lo ... k/15147119
Last edited by mrmungbean on Jan 26th, 2022 11:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
Thread Summary
Upgrading your setup? RFD Reviews has a roundup of the best gaming mice!
86 replies
Aug 17, 2012
636 posts
571 upvotes
COQUITLAM
Best gaming mouse you can get at the moment.

They fixed the double clicking issue that plagued the original Pro Wireless by changing the switches to 20m Omrons and changing the debounce protocol.

Only real difference between this and the Pro Wireless is that the Superlight is:
  1. Lighter
  2. No RGB
  3. No right side buttons
  4. No DPI toggle on bottom of mouse
If you don't need any of these, just get the old Pro Wireless, which on sale is around $120.

There's no charging dock for it, but you can get a 3rd party one for around $30-40.

Edit: I forgot to mention but the stock mouse skates are garbage. You should switch them to a 3rd party skates. Recommend either Tiger Arc v1, Tiger Ice, or Corepads.
Last edited by VillageIdiot on Jan 26th, 2022 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2007
1284 posts
903 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
Just ordered one, thanks OP!
[OP]
Jan 1, 2021
235 posts
344 upvotes
VillageIdiot wrote: Best gaming mouse you can get at the moment.

They fixed the double clicking issue that plagued the original Pro Wireless by changing the switches to 20m Omrons and changing the debounce protocol.

Only real difference between this and the Pro Wireless is that the Superlight is:
  1. Lighter
  2. No RGB
  3. No right side buttons
  4. No DPI toggle on bottom of mouse
If you don't need any of these, just get the old Pro Wireless, which on sale is around $120.

There's no charging dock for it, but you can get a 3rd party one for around $30-40.
A good alternative is the Pulsar Xlite Wireless. Same weight as the Superlight, newer sensor, better switches, USB-C and half the price. That said, I still kind of want a Superlight for its solid shell.
May 10, 2021
52 posts
293 upvotes
OP, you mentionned "ergonomic shape" but to my untrained eye, they look similar shape to all the other "basic" ones ? Aren't ergonomic shape usually with a tilt angle ?
I'm in the market for an ergonomic one, since mine is currently dying.

Thanks !
[OP]
Jan 1, 2021
235 posts
344 upvotes
ebpodeals wrote: OP, you mentionned "ergonomic shape" but to my untrained eye, they look similar shape to all the other "basic" ones ? Aren't ergonomic shape usually with a tilt angle ?
I'm in the market for an ergonomic one, since mine is currently dying.

Thanks !
Edit: Ok I'm dumb. I kept thinking the mouse is asymmetrical/ergonomic but it isn't. It is symmetrically shaped and, therefore, generally not what most people would describe as "ergonomic". I updated my post to reflect this.

The Superlight is not like an ergonomic mouse that is oriented more vertically to address pronation issues. I have a vertically oriented mouse that I use for work but still prefer a traditionally shaped mouse for gaming. This is the shape of my work mouse: amazon.ca/Perixx-PERIMICE-719-Wireless-Ergonomic-Vertical/dp/B074P57VVN/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2NBBN6YHVAF2U&keywords=jelly%2Bcomb%2Bmouse&qid=1643215279&sprefix=jelly%2Bcomb%2Bmouse%2Caps%2C79&sr=8-5&th=1
Last edited by mrmungbean on Jan 26th, 2022 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 11, 2019
546 posts
529 upvotes
I bought the G402 from Staples for 30 bucks and play COD just as good as with every other expensive mouse i own including G900 G604 G502 and Premium Steelseries mice. I rarely am not MVP after every match. I have decent aim ability and kinda surprised how little the mouse makes.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1456 posts
3279 upvotes
Canada
Does this charge via micro USB or USB c?
Live a little
[OP]
Jan 1, 2021
235 posts
344 upvotes
ATOMANTMAN wrote: I bought the G402 from Staples for 30 bucks and play COD just as good as with every other expensive mouse i own including G900 G604 G502 and Premium Steelseries mice. I rarely am not MVP after every match. I have decent aim ability and kinda surprised how little the mouse makes.
Oh 100%. Just because this mouse is expensive/preferred by some esports "athletes" doesn't mean it's for everyone. I personally prefer the Pulsar Xlite Wireless.

I used the G502 for YEARS. The biggest change for me when moving to the Xlite was the weight reduction. I didn't realize how heavy the G502 (121g) was until I used the Xlite (60g).
[OP]
Jan 1, 2021
235 posts
344 upvotes
Jackji wrote: Does this charge via micro USB or USB c?
Micro USB. It's one of the cons of this mouse, unfortunately.
Jan 28, 2017
3 posts
4 upvotes
Had the g pro light, it's really light and fast but thumb placement on ambidextrous is uncomfortable for me so switched to g502 lightspeed and the thumbrest was godly.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1456 posts
3279 upvotes
Canada
mrmungbean wrote: Micro USB. It's one of the cons of this mouse, unfortunately.
I see, looks like this doesn't go on sale often and has great reviews though, thanks for the post!
Live a little
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2006
2318 posts
145 upvotes
funployee wrote: Will I turn pro if I buy this mouse?
Of course. Don't forget to buy a $400 keyboard to pair with it to bump up your K/D ratio another 500% /s
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2007
1042 posts
909 upvotes
widely considered the number 1 gaming mouse as can be seen in this tier list:

but it's overkill for the casual crowd, you have to be really into the gaming mouse community (aka /r/MouseReview) to appreciate the nuances between difference mice
Last edited by johncraven on Jan 26th, 2022 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 19, 2008
15232 posts
6055 upvotes
London
No thanks

I will never use an ambidextrous mouse again. They are so incredibly uncomfortable.
Oct 29, 2019
414 posts
305 upvotes
funployee wrote: Will I turn pro if I buy this mouse?
This mouse will surely raise your K/D but due to lack of RGB, it will balance out your bottom line K/D.

On a separate note, I have an extra white Superlight used for 4months with a (non-visual noticeable paint chip) by the thumb rest area for $140 if anyone interested). :)
Jan 1, 2015
881 posts
952 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Not gonna lie, I swapped from a g502 and went from Diamond 1 to immortal 2 with zero FPS experience in the last decade where I played MOBAs. If only I didn't have to work as much, I'd probably be Radiant Face With Tears Of JoyFace With Tears Of Joy

People downplay the effectiveness of equipment in gaming, but games where every second counts having a light WIRELESS mouse with a good monitor does wonders in progression.

I'd recommend wireless light mice any day of the week for any competitive FPS player.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)