9405 posts
2155 upvotes
Toronto
Decent mouse but is a heavy boy.
Dec 25, 2013
420 posts
318 upvotes
Brampton
Deciding between this or the G305... given I have smaller hands, will prob go for the g305 for $39 at bestbuy
Nov 22, 2005
69 posts
53 upvotes
Port Coquitlam
Don't get g604 if you have smaller hands. I have both and g305 is definitely better for smaller than avg sized hands/palm.
Dec 25, 2013
420 posts
318 upvotes
Brampton
hhshin wrote: Don't get g604 if you have smaller hands. I have both and g305 is definitely better for smaller than avg sized hands/palm.
Thank you!
Nov 22, 2012
217 posts
200 upvotes
Sault Sainte Marie
Just returned this mouse today. I really liked it but the scroll wheel is hot trash. It has two modes - a standard mode that has a tick like normal scroll wheels (but it's so stiff that you have to press down on it to get the wheel to move) and a free mode that scrolls easily but is horrible for gaming because it has trouble registering 1 vs 2 ticks. This mode also did some weird stuff like scrolling down a bit on its own after scrolling up. The idea was great but the implementation failed. Great if you don't like using a scroll wheel though! :)
Sep 17, 2018
340 posts
341 upvotes
Bought at this price for black Friday. Very pleased with the purchase, the scroll wheel has a heavily weighted very tactile mode and a smooth free scroll mode. Plenty of programmable buttons.

Great gaming/productivity mouse without some of the gaming aesthetic.

Lightspeed is great wireless technology sometimes used at the professional level
Aug 9, 2013
289 posts
202 upvotes
Mississauga
Guys....there is another thread about 2 weeks old with this product.

Be careful, the mouse has a steel wheel and a bit stiff. It's a bit better if you libricate the pin that's hitting the indents on the wheel, but it's really tough to get into that tiny space. Even better to open it up and adjust the pin, but say goodbye to the warrantee.

Size wise, it's the same as the G602. My G602 had doubleclick issues so now, they both reside on my desk. If I'm surfing, G602. For CAD work, G604. Sounds stupid, but I'm hoping to get more life out of the not so cheap G602.
Jun 24, 2017
100 posts
96 upvotes
Wouldn't say it's a 'gaming' mouse honestly. Scroll wheel rattles a bit and it is waaaay too heavy. I'm not that sensitive to weight (i use g403 with weight in) and even I think it's way too heavy.

Other than that it's a great mouse. The free scroll wheel is awesome and if u use mice macros the buttons are awesome and all easy to click by feel. The bluetooth and lightspeed combo is also awesome.

I would just steer clear if you're looking for a 'gaming mouse'. Even for Moba's it's pretty heavy. I use it for office casual gaming combo use.
Aug 9, 2013
289 posts
202 upvotes
Mississauga
zooropean wrote: Just returned this mouse today. I really liked it but the scroll wheel is hot trash. It has two modes - a standard mode that has a tick like normal scroll wheels (but it's so stiff that you have to press down on it to get the wheel to move) and a free mode that scrolls easily but is horrible for gaming because it has trouble registering 1 vs 2 ticks. This mode also did some weird stuff like scrolling down a bit on its own after scrolling up. The idea was great but the implementation failed. Great if you don't like using a scroll wheel though! :)
Same here...but it's livable if you want to open it and adjust the contact pin. I just got in there from the side with a tiny drop of 3in1 oil. A bit lower resistence but still nothing compared to the G602.

Stupid pet tricks by stupid engineers.
Oct 14, 2017
980 posts
1061 upvotes
I like the mouse but it's heavy on the wrist. Suggest going with the Vertical.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2009
2237 posts
1250 upvotes
GTA
zooropean wrote: Just returned this mouse today. I really liked it but the scroll wheel is hot trash. It has two modes - a standard mode that has a tick like normal scroll wheels (but it's so stiff that you have to press down on it to get the wheel to move) and a free mode that scrolls easily but is horrible for gaming because it has trouble registering 1 vs 2 ticks. This mode also did some weird stuff like scrolling down a bit on its own after scrolling up. The idea was great but the implementation failed. Great if you don't like using a scroll wheel though! :)
FYI free scroll mode isnt for gaming. Its for scrolling through webpages, or pdf's. Mainly things with lots of pages or long documents.
Jul 7, 2014
221 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks OP, I've ordered one but am skeptical due to fellow rfd reviews. Can anyone offer an alternative in similar price range? I need a wireless mouse mainly for FPS games and using a 65 tv as a monitor. Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
9405 posts
2155 upvotes
Toronto
MazMazda3 wrote: Thanks OP, I've ordered one but am skeptical due to fellow rfd reviews. Can anyone offer an alternative in similar price range? I need a wireless mouse mainly for FPS games and using a 65 tv as a monitor. Thanks
G305 if you can catch it on sale for 40$. It's a smaller mouse but much lighter.
Nov 14, 2013
110 posts
151 upvotes
Winnipeg
I've had this mouse for 3 weeks now, and I love it.
I use it as a productivity mouse though, and for that it's perfect.

I remapped the buttons to various tasks that I use all the time(copy, paste, f5, move to next tab, volume +/-)

The infinite scroll is also a huge blessing, I had an RSI on my middle finger from scrolling too often, this mouse solved that.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2008
1690 posts
1251 upvotes
Sat on this too long.. damn it's OOS now.
Dec 25, 2013
420 posts
318 upvotes
Brampton
JCCRFD wrote: G305 if you can catch it on sale for 40$. It's a smaller mouse but much lighter.
currently on sale at bestbuy for $40, i copped one myself
Jul 7, 2014
221 posts
78 upvotes
Toronto, ON
JCCRFD wrote: G305 if you can catch it on sale for 40$. It's a smaller mouse but much lighter.
Thanks, I see the BestBuy deal. I'll order both and keep one. What makes the g305 better in comparison?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
9405 posts
2155 upvotes
Toronto
MazMazda3 wrote: Thanks, I see the BestBuy deal. I'll order both and keep one. What makes the g305 better in comparison?
Just a simpler and lighter mouse which imo is better for FPS. It's a small mouse though so if you have big hands it won't work well.