Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Logitech Harmony 665 universal remote is 50$ again

[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
1800 posts
1093 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Logitech Harmony 665 universal remote is 50$ again

These sales happen a few times per year. According to triple-camel, this is the lowest price it ever gets. It's time to grab one if you are in the market.
41 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
4689 posts
811 upvotes
SK
Anyone know how the All-in-One brand remotes (without number pad) compare to the Harmony remotes? Visions will have it on sale starting tomorrow.
I've been a long time Harmony remote user and looking for an extra one for the basement. I own the 665 (miss the Harmony One) and like it.

shopper-X
Jun 2, 2017
207 posts
76 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
This is a bulletproof remote - i’ve had mine (silver one) for 7 years now and still kicking! I can’t count how many times my kids have dropped it but the thing is tough as nails. Recommended universal remote especially on sale.
IT guy | dad | sneakerhead | everything Apple | AV enthusiast | new homeowner
Nov 9, 2014
207 posts
138 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I gave up on harmony when they started dropping support for older devices. My 10 year Yamaha receiver WAS in their database when I bought it. I upgraded to a new remote and Harmony no longer supported it. Why drop a set of IR codes from your product? Logitech ....
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
4689 posts
811 upvotes
SK
redmondflagger wrote: I gave up on harmony when they started dropping support for older devices. My 10 year Yamaha receiver WAS in their database when I bought it. I upgraded to a new remote and Harmony no longer supported it. Why drop a set of IR codes from your product? Logitech ....
Which Yamaha model?
shopper-X
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1504 posts
164 upvotes
redmondflagger wrote: I gave up on harmony when they started dropping support for older devices. My 10 year Yamaha receiver WAS in their database when I bought it. I upgraded to a new remote and Harmony no longer supported it. Why drop a set of IR codes from your product? Logitech ....
I would guess most Yamaha receivers use the same IR code. Try a different model.
Apr 18, 2008
555 posts
985 upvotes
BC
Can anyone suggest a remote with fewer buttons/less complicated? Trying to find a remote for my parents.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2959 posts
3294 upvotes
MandomRix wrote: Can anyone suggest a remote with fewer buttons/less complicated? Trying to find a remote for my parents.
there isnt that much more buttons on this remote than the any other remote.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2003
6267 posts
216 upvotes
Toronto
CameraBill wrote: Harmony Companion

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lo ... 9/10320958

The macros and wizard to make the macros are excellent.
Similar to this I would recommend:

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lo ... d/13891574

I couldn't find a link on best buy to the non refurbished version, but if you can find it elsewhere, it often goes on sale with the hub for 80 bucks. Been using mine for years and remote is easy to use and basic and you have the option of getting into more details with the smartphone app
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3576 posts
3577 upvotes
Alberta
I would suggest upgrading to a harmony remote that controls Bluetooth devices such as the Shield etc.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1889 posts
444 upvotes
Most Logitech remotes are learning remotes so you can add any function you want, as long as you have the equipment's original remote to "teach" the Logitech. I'd be surprised if the 665 doesn't have that feature when cheaper Logitech remotes have it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
1800 posts
1093 upvotes
The 665 is capable of learning IR commands, this is one of the strengths of the Harmony line. I used to teach my Harmonies IR commands from some weird random gadgets, it works great.
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
15658 posts
2278 upvotes
Lush78 wrote: I would suggest upgrading to a harmony remote that controls Bluetooth devices such as the Shield etc.
Yeah, so many new devices are using BT these days, it's annoying.
Whenever someone asks a question that starts with "Why do they..." or "Why don't they...", the answer is always a) money, b) stupidity, or c) both.
Jan 29, 2013
47 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
CameraBill wrote: Harmony Companion

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lo ... 9/10320958

The macros and wizard to make the macros are excellent.
I second this honestly, I've had mine for a number of years and set up my folks' place with one. Simple and easy to configure, integrates well with SmartThings commands/naming conventions and Google Home never has an issue with the setup
Oct 7, 2020
34 posts
26 upvotes
crayz016 wrote: I second this honestly, I've had mine for a number of years and set up my folks' place with one. Simple and easy to configure, integrates well with SmartThings commands/naming conventions and Google Home never has an issue with the setup
I am sure this remote is awesome and all , but it's a bit difficult to spend $170 with tax for a remote to control the TV, shield and av receiver.
Mar 10, 2016
233 posts
105 upvotes
will this control new google chromecast TV?