Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Logitech Harmony Smart Control, $69.98 same day shipping (FBA Seller)

[OP]
Apr 13, 2016
163 posts
73 upvotes

[Amazon Canada] Logitech Harmony Smart Control, $69.98 same day shipping (FBA Seller)

Well this is the lowest price ccc has seen it for, and unless I'm mistaken its the same remote from the best buy deal going on

Two sellers have it shipping from an amazon warehouse, there is another with "free shipping" selling for 69.99 but I would avoid that to be honest

edit: got the package last night, the remote is brand new, I cut the two seals off myself. The packaging inside was untouched as well, you can just tell by how it was taped up. The package also had the Alexa/google home sticker on it I've attached some pictures here. The SN number wasn't blacked out anywhere (it seems like the old reviewer just had a bad luck of the draw), the original barcode just had an amazon specific barcode; I've seen FBA amazon warehouse products with them all the time. I'm sure these are good for warranty as well, I just haven't bothered to call Logitech about it. see pictures
Last edited by redflag0 on Jun 22nd, 2019 7:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
51 replies
May 26, 2014
164 posts
136 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
10 bucks better than the best buy deal, nice find.
Nov 18, 2015
82 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Best Buy deal includes the hub, this is just the remote.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2008
1345 posts
258 upvotes
Oshawa
Window1986 wrote:
Jun 21st, 2019 9:36 am
From amazon description:
Included Harmony Hub lets you control devices hidden behind cabinet doors or walls, including game consoles such as PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360
Aug 10, 2001
776 posts
135 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
FYI - The reviews mention it may be an older version with the Smart home control.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1370 posts
225 upvotes
BC
Window1986 wrote:
Jun 21st, 2019 9:36 am
None of the Harmony Smart are sold without a hub. They then become a paper weight.Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Richmond: the only place where you need a sign that says no vehicle parking on the sidewalk, yet it’s still disobeyed
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
4602 posts
643 upvotes
SK
pennysaver wrote:
Jun 21st, 2019 9:54 am
FYI - The reviews mention it may be an older version with the Smart home control.
Like you mentioned. 3rd party sellers (Shipped by Amazon) do not include the hub and seems to be the older model.
[OP]
Apr 13, 2016
163 posts
73 upvotes
the Best Buy version is the older model as well

and typically you should always avoid third party sellers when amazon fulfillers are available
Dec 11, 2005
300 posts
58 upvotes
what's the difference between old vs new? The latest reviewer shows 2 versions of the remote, and says the one with "harmony" is the older version. That's the same version on the Best Buy website. So both Amazon and BestBuy are selling the old versions?
Oct 19, 2009
150 posts
91 upvotes
Mississauga
Came here to say what a godsend the hub & remote has been. Being able to say "hey google turn on/off the tv" is such a convenience. No longer fumbling with 3 different remotes just to watch cable tv.

Without the hub, this deal is cold
Jan 21, 2018
462 posts
339 upvotes
Vancouver
pennysaver wrote:
Jun 21st, 2019 9:54 am
The reviewer that shows a different remote with extra smart home control buttons is showing the remote from a different product, the Companion system: https://www.amazon.ca/Logitech-Harmony- ... B00N3RFC4G

That product appears to include the same hub with a slightly bigger remote that has extra home control buttons. As I understand from Logitech's unclear descriptions, the hub does not include Zigbee/Zwave capability built in (e.g., to control Philips Hue bulbs like they mention in the Companion description). You need either an existing separate hub that supports those protocols, or there's an extra plug-in Extender module you have to buy for the Logitech hub to do that: https://www.amazon.ca/Logitech-Harmony- ... B00TA4HV7M

This is a tie for the cheapest I have ever seen this, and I'm tempted to get it every time it comes up, but I slap myself and come to my senses. I have both a couple of Harmony remotes that I love, and a lot of smart home gear. But I can't see the value of telling Alexa or Google to do things verbally instead of just pressing the buttons on my Harmony remote, especially when it's hard to be heard over the sound of the TV/music, and users report a lot of bugs/problems.
Last edited by Scote64 on Jun 22nd, 2019 11:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
May 26, 2014
164 posts
136 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
shopper-X wrote:
Jun 21st, 2019 10:02 am
Like you mentioned. 3rd party sellers (Shipped by Amazon) do not include the hub and seems to be the older model.
The hub is certainly included. The remote does not work without the hub.

This is almost certainly the older model remote without smart light control though.

The Best Buy deal at $79 is also the older version, so if you're looking for the new remote version it'll run you $128 on Amazon.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
2354 posts
708 upvotes
Toronto, ON
seifer333 wrote:
Jun 21st, 2019 10:19 am
what's the difference between old vs new? The latest reviewer shows 2 versions of the remote, and says the one with "harmony" is the older version. That's the same version on the Best Buy website. So both Amazon and BestBuy are selling the old versions?
The new one has smart lightings buttons but note that function is only compatible to few smart lightings
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
1186 posts
131 upvotes
Brampton
I bought this remote a couple of weeks ago. It includes the hub and the remote is the one shown in the main picture. I am not sure if it is the old or newer model. I do have the impression by how the item was packed and that the serial number was blacked out with a sharpie that these are manufacturer refurbs.

Everything was fine and appeared unused with the plastic film on everything but the packaging had the appearance of being re-packed. I was a little disappointed that this did not seem to be mentioned or perhaps I missed it.

The hub works fairly well with Google Home but I am a little frustrated that everything has to use 'Activities' and it has been challenging for me to get some items to operate independently of these 'activities'.