Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Logitech Logitech C270 HD Webcam back in stock $32.32

  • Last Updated:
  • May 31st, 2020 11:33 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Nov 14, 2015
14 posts
41 upvotes

[Amazon.ca] Logitech Logitech C270 HD Webcam back in stock $32.32

Not exactly a deal but the logitech C270 HD Webcam is back in stock at Amazon. I have been looking for good webcams all over but haven't had any luck till today.
Last edited by TomRFD on May 20th, 2020 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
71 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2005
4734 posts
1144 upvotes
Scarborough
If you need something long term and not in a hurry for one, I would wait for the C920 series ones, they are much better. That and the BRIO are like the best webcams out there.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
3681 posts
453 upvotes
Vancouver
GateGuardian wrote: If you need something long term and not in a hurry for one, I would wait for the C920 series ones, they are much better. That and the BRIO are like the best webcams out there.
The c920 used to hit $70 @ every other month at memory express, compared to the $100 it normally sells for. Dell has the c920 instock again for $100
Member
Nov 14, 2014
438 posts
269 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I am surprised it is actually on sale. They sell it for 39$ and usually goes for 29$. 32 right now is pretty good deal
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 21, 2010
4937 posts
3934 upvotes
Edmonton
I prefer looking like a potato in front of my supervisor. Allows me to blame the camera for my face.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Newbie
May 16, 2006
26 posts
18 upvotes
Brantford
I use them to monitor my prints on my 3D printers, they work very well and seem very reliable.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2009
1909 posts
2387 upvotes
GTA
if you are using a webcam for video conferencing, you are limited by the resolution supported by the provider. The reason being is that higher resolutions = more bandwidth and processing power needed by their servers in their DCs.
e.g. zoom generally maxes out at 720p (1080p available, but zoom support has to enable it), nobody really goes above 1080p, and all video is hugely compressed
Member
User avatar
Mar 4, 2019
233 posts
112 upvotes
Montreal
kmchow wrote: The c920 used to hit $70 @ every other month at memory express, compared to the $100 it normally sells for. Dell has the c920 instock again for $100
but they will delivery on july 20th
Say NO to Racism!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5120 posts
2171 upvotes
Ancaster
karlb wrote: if you are using a webcam for video conferencing, you are limited by the resolution supported by the provider. The reason being is that higher resolutions = more bandwidth and processing power needed by their servers in their DCs.
e.g. zoom generally maxes out at 720p (1080p available, but zoom support has to enable it), nobody really goes above 1080p, and all video is hugely compressed
Exactly. If anything, I would look for a webcam with integrated processing to take load off your laptop if you are using it for work.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33307 posts
7007 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
unshavenyak wrote: Exactly. If anything, I would look for a webcam with integrated processing to take load off your laptop if you are using it for work.
I would think that most notebooks / laptops would have web cams built in
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5120 posts
2171 upvotes
Ancaster
Gee wrote: I would think that most notebooks / laptops would have web cams built in
Yeah, but not always at a flattering angle. I use an external one because our VPN makes bandwidth a premium and it's nice having processing in the webcam.
Jr. Member
Sep 4, 2016
117 posts
62 upvotes
Montreal
Use mine often and it works as it should, very good picture, sound is meh but many times superior to the average laptop webcam. Plug and play. Great buy at 32 bucks.
I am a Fizz, Public Mobile and Rogers customer and an avid Linux user
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33307 posts
7007 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
unshavenyak wrote: Yeah, but not always at a flattering angle. I use an external one because our VPN makes bandwidth a premium and it's nice having processing in the webcam.
I’ll give you that. The angle is poor on a notebook. Cameras should be pointed downwards slightly and not looking up

Not sure why you are concerned about your appearance since you don’t shave (unshaven Yak)
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 15, 2011
42094 posts
6647 upvotes
I bought this for $90 or so plus taxes.

Wait till it comes back to normal non inflated prices and order it. Keep on checking it. Better than the C270 posted here.

https://www.amazon.ca/Logitech-C920-Pro ... B00829D0GM
Proud to be an Indian.
__________________________________________________________________________
Incident/Cyber Breach Response|Malware Analyzer|Threat Intellligence
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5120 posts
2171 upvotes
Ancaster
Gee wrote: I’ll give you that. The angle is poor on a notebook. Cameras should be pointed downwards slightly and not looking up

Not sure why you are concerned about your appearance since you don’t shave (unshaven Yak)
It is funny how hard people still try on virtual meetings. Always funny hearing my female colleagues say "the camera is not on because I didn't do my face or hair this morning".
Sr. Member
Jul 11, 2009
621 posts
443 upvotes
Toronto
unshavenyak wrote: It is funny how hard people still try on virtual meetings. Always funny hearing my female colleagues say "the camera is not on because I didn't do my face or hair this morning".
not turning the camera on is not trying. do you really need to see colleagues during a virtual meeting?

even before social-distancing, i've taped over my work laptop webcam, and the tape hasn't come off. i'm not trying hard, i'm still in my pajamas, 3 months unshaven, 4 months hair uncut, unshowered, teeth unbrushed for half the day, not trying at all. do you really want to see that during a virtual meeting?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5120 posts
2171 upvotes
Ancaster
JimU wrote: not turning the camera on is not trying. do you really need to see colleagues during a virtual meeting?

even before social-distancing, i've taped over my work laptop webcam, and the tape hasn't come off. i'm not trying hard, i'm still in my pajamas, 3 months unshaven, 4 months hair uncut, unshowered, teeth unbrushed for half the day, not trying at all. do you really want to see that during a virtual meeting?
I have a slider to cover my webcam, but yes, when we force camera ons people tend to be more engaged. You can't multi-task if people are watching you.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2001
17806 posts
1373 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
unshavenyak wrote: I have a slider to cover my webcam, but yes, when we force camera ons people tend to be more engaged. You can't multi-task if people are watching you.
Sounds like an employer who doesn't trust employees therefore needs to engage in social controls
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
5120 posts
2171 upvotes
Ancaster
konfusion666 wrote: Sounds like an employer who doesn't trust employees therefore needs to engage in social controls
No, it's pretty well-established that video conferences are more engaging than audio ones. It's not important for every meeting, but something like an Advisory Board with external experts, it helps a lot.

Top