477 posts
200 upvotes
Montreal, QC

Logitech M720 Triathalon Mouse @ $39.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Amazon.ca
Logitech M720 Triathalon Multi-Device Wireless Mouse (910-004790)

Great mouse that can switch with up to 3 different devices. Has bluetooth and a unifying receiver.

I've had one for 2 years and just bought another one.

Amazon's blurb says:
  • Pair M720 Triathlon with up to 3 computers and seamlessly switch between them at the touch of a button thanks to Easy-Switch technology
  • Fly through documents and web pages using the hyper-fast scroll wheel, or shift to click-to-click scrolling when you need precision
  • A true athlete, M720 is designed to endure, with buttons built to withstand up to 10 million clicks
  • Boosted efficiency with 24 months of power on a single AA battery
Last edited by Silverman on Apr 17th, 2019 7:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
15 replies
Sep 5, 2011
79 posts
41 upvotes
Canada
I've had 2 of these for the past two years and both still going strong! Good catch OP.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3699 posts
1240 upvotes
Montreal
Waiting for the Ironman version ...
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2020 posts
567 upvotes
Ottawa
I love mine. And the ability to pretty much instantly switch between different computers.

The one thing is my batteries last nowhere near the 2 years stated. Maybe it is because I'm using eneloop AA and not an alkaline. It maybe it was because I used it about 6 hrs on weekdays and like 10 hrs or more on weekends, or that I never turned it off. It has been so far off the 2 year mark that I've kept a little paper in the battery compartment to note when I change the battery. I changed in July 2018, Jan 2019 so far, so I could be about 2 months out from another change if it is every 6 months.

I would get another for backup tho.
Jan 3, 2007
314 posts
96 upvotes
Thanks op, I was waiting for either this one or the m585 to go on sale. I think this one should be much better than m585. I'm gonna switch between my desktop and laptop with this, and also this mouse support this logitech flow thing where you can copy and past between computers, gonna try that out.

Don't forget ebates 5% now.
Jan 10, 2006
303 posts
94 upvotes
eugene188 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 11:51 pm
I love mine. And the ability to pretty much instantly switch between different computers.

The one thing is my batteries last nowhere near the 2 years stated. Maybe it is because I'm using eneloop AA and not an alkaline. It maybe it was because I used it about 6 hrs on weekdays and like 10 hrs or more on weekends, or that I never turned it off. It has been so far off the 2 year mark that I've kept a little paper in the battery compartment to note when I change the battery. I changed in July 2018, Jan 2019 so far, so I could be about 2 months out from another change if it is every 6 months.

I would get another for backup tho.
Same here about the battery life, that's perhaps the biggest weakness of this mouse, which I quite like otherwise. The alkaline battery that came with it died on me within 4 months. A fresh AA alkaline replacement battery is down to 50% after 2 months. But I do use it a lot.

Eneloops or rechargeables will last less because they're typically 1.2V, while alkalines are 1.5V. The mouse is rated for 1.5V at 100mA. I'll still probably switch to rechargeables if alkalines aren't getting close to the stated 24 months.

A few other details:
- The hidden thumb button doesn't work in linux, or at least I haven't found a way to map it to something useful
- The body of the mouse, other than the left and right buttons, is a soft-touch material, which isn't my preference. My hand/fingers tend to get oily and it's harder to clean that material. It feels a bit sticky/gummy when it gets grimed up.

I'm nitpicking though. Overall quite happy with the mouse, which I got on a previous $40 sale. And I love the free scrolling mode. I always use it, and I just can't go back to slow clicky scrolling.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2008
3156 posts
300 upvotes
Mississauga
so what if i want to switch both my mouse and keyboard between two devices? what are my options then?
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2020 posts
567 upvotes
Ottawa
fizikz wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 12:23 am
Same here about the battery life, that's perhaps the biggest weakness of this mouse, which I quite like otherwise. The alkaline battery that came with it died on me within 4 months. A fresh AA alkaline replacement battery is down to 50% after 2 months. But I do use it a lot.

Eneloops or rechargeables will last less because they're typically 1.2V, while alkalines are 1.5V. The mouse is rated for 1.5V at 100mA. I'll still probably switch to rechargeables if alkalines aren't getting close to the stated 24 months.
OK. good to know I'm not the only one getting way less than the 2 year battery life. I've had other BT mice before, but this one seems to drain. Could be also it uses 1 battery. I'll need to compare with the one I have at work.
bk2the6ix wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 12:43 am
so what if i want to switch both my mouse and keyboard between two devices? what are my options then?
I believe Logitech makes a keyboard that you can also switch between multiple computers
Jan 10, 2006
303 posts
94 upvotes
eugene188 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 4:54 pm
OK. good to know I'm not the only one getting way less than the 2 year battery life. I've had other BT mice before, but this one seems to drain. Could be also it uses 1 battery. I'll need to compare with the one I have at work.
Btw, I'm using it with the Unify receiver, not BT.
Oct 17, 2012
18 posts
6 upvotes
YVR
Sweet. I brought this mouse beginning this month from Bestbuy. Gonna get my $10
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2020 posts
567 upvotes
Ottawa
fizikz wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 5:14 pm
Btw, I'm using it with the Unify receiver, not BT.
Same, using with the receiver. Maybe its better with BT? Sometimes, I use it with a laptop that has BT but not often.
Aug 25, 2006
723 posts
98 upvotes
Deal dead -- back to CDN$ 51.98