Hot Deals

[Amazon.ca] Logitech M720 Triathlon Mouse $39.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2020 8:17 am
Feb 18, 2013
13 posts
7 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
I have been using this mouse for over a year. The first one was giving me bluetooth connection issues, so I moved to the USB dongle. That was also an issue, so Logitech support sent a new one. The bluetooth on the new one is also not solid, so I am using the USB dongle full time. In terms of using the mouse, it works on a number of different surfaces and feels fine, but I am disappointed the bluetooth doesn't work. Note that I only ever tried the mouse on my work laptop, so the connection issues could be on the computer side as well.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
5213 posts
1008 upvotes
Thanks OP. Returning the one I got at Costco, and buying this so I can use the $25 worth of Amazon gift cards I have.
Oct 26, 2014
17 posts
41 upvotes
Windsor, ON
mystery wrote: Thanks OP. Returning the one I got at Costco, and buying this so I can use the $25 worth of Amazon gift cards I have.
Please reconsider. The one you are returning may end up in the garbage dump. I am sure you can find other things to buy for the $25 Amazon gift card.
Oct 26, 2014
17 posts
41 upvotes
Windsor, ON
This mouse has Bluetooth connection issue with my LG gram 17. When gram 17 wakes up from sleep, some times, the mouse can not reconnect to it. But the mouse doesn't seem to have problem with my other older PCs.
Feb 22, 2013
787 posts
615 upvotes
If I don’t need the three buttons to switch between three different computers should I buy a different mouse?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2003
8973 posts
1317 upvotes
Richmond Hill
these days i'm not sure which model to buy, can no longer trust logitech quality, 13 yr old MX Revolution still works fine (sometimes lags) but every single model bought after that had issues, VX Revolution / Performance MX / Anywhere MX / Marathon M705 all had double click or phantom click/move issue, I read Logitech switched to lower cost/quality click switch was the main reason

I still like Logitech esp free spinning, now trying gaming mouse for casual use (assume better quality switch), M720 feels right for this price (I got it cheaper last year from Staples), but no more expensive flagship ones (except 50% or more discount)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2003
8973 posts
1317 upvotes
Richmond Hill
sparkaction wrote: If I don’t need the three buttons to switch between three different computers should I buy a different mouse?
only if you can find one cheaper, did you look at the $20 silent model?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 8, 2003
8973 posts
1317 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Pikaqu wrote: This mouse has Bluetooth connection issue with my LG gram 17. When gram 17 wakes up from sleep, some times, the mouse can not reconnect to it. But the mouse doesn't seem to have problem with my other older PCs.
count me in, but could be host or windows issue, just use the receiver less headache
Feb 11, 2016
358 posts
234 upvotes
WilliamDank wrote: I have been using this mouse for over a year. The first one was giving me bluetooth connection issues, so I moved to the USB dongle. That was also an issue, so Logitech support sent a new one. The bluetooth on the new one is also not solid, so I am using the USB dongle full time. In terms of using the mouse, it works on a number of different surfaces and feels fine, but I am disappointed the bluetooth doesn't work. Note that I only ever tried the mouse on my work laptop, so the connection issues could be on the computer side as well.
I have been using this on Bluetooth for the last 2 years. I am not on Windows 10 which seems to have a lot of Bluetooth problems. On Linux, Android no issues. Sometimes, I browse my phone using this mouse. Scrolling is so smooth. Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Feb 21, 2008
100 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
sparkaction wrote: If I don’t need the three buttons to switch between three different computers should I buy a different mouse?
I just got this M720 because I need to switch between laptop and desktop. I've been using the M510 (USB Only) which is currently $29.99
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6396 posts
1047 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
This mouse is basically the M705 but updated with bluetooth and connects to 3 devices. Also uses Logitech Options software instead of Setpoint.

The most important thing to me is that it retains the hyperscrolling/click-by-click toggle right underneath the scroll wheel. I am so used to this I can't use any other type of mice anymore. Of course the Smartshift feature on the MX Master mice is even better.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2009
1264 posts
259 upvotes
Got one for my fiancée and it's been great for her. Grabbing one for myself now. Thanks OP.
"Portfolios are like a bar of soap. The more you touch it the smaller it gets" - Preet Banerjee
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2395 posts
810 upvotes
Ottawa
It is only the 3rd button that switches between devices. The first 2 buttons are the forward/backward buttons. But I think you can set it to something else in the software. There is also a 4th hidden button right near the bottom edge of your thumb that you can set to something else also.
Aug 11, 2014
246 posts
163 upvotes
number8888 wrote: This mouse is basically the M705 but updated with bluetooth and connects to 3 devices. Also uses Logitech Options software instead of Setpoint.

The most important thing to me is that it retains the hyperscrolling/click-by-click toggle right underneath the scroll wheel. I am so used to this I can't use any other type of mice anymore. Of course the Smartshift feature on the MX Master mice is even better.
To add to your comparison, not sure if it matters practically, but the M720 is an optical mouse compared to the M705 which is a laser mouse.
Feb 16, 2007
207 posts
154 upvotes
For anyone in Halifax looking for the Precision Pro version of this mouse - they appear to be the same? - I did see them at the Halifax location for $39.99 today.