• Dec 16th, 2020 10:45 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4918 posts
3904 upvotes
Edmonton

[Amazon.ca] Logitech M720 Wireless Triathlon Mouse $39.99

Amazon dropped the price again to 39.99 today Dec 16, 2020. Costco in store still has it at the same price.

https://www.amazon.ca/Logitech-Triathlo ... 927&sr=8-1
Last edited by fatestkid on Dec 16th, 2020 10:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
26 replies
Mar 19, 2012
199 posts
465 upvotes
Calgary
Awesome, this will round out my mouse collection... Will not be anyone's comment.
Last edited by nGord on Nov 22nd, 2020 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1904 posts
589 upvotes
Ottawa
Great mouse. Don't want go to Costco in these days. Bought one. Thanks.
L.I.F.E. - Let It Flow Effortlessly - R. McDougal/ Isle of View
Enjoy your candle of life. May it warm you & light your way.
Nov 15, 2020
311 posts
571 upvotes
Great mouse. Love the gesture features and the Logitech Flow option where I can easily move my mouse from my PC to my laptop without clicking any buttons as if its the same device.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4918 posts
3904 upvotes
Edmonton
I ordered the MX master two days ago for $60 but I think I might just go for M720 for $40 because I feel the thumb buttons are better laid out on the M720.

Anyone have experience with both?

Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2696 posts
2323 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thanks OP. Ordered one. Good deal on a great mouse!
I’m not cheap……I’m frugal!!!
Aug 23, 2010
599 posts
537 upvotes
GTA
fatestkid wrote: I ordered the MX master two days ago for $60 but I think I might just go for M720 for $40 because I feel the thumb buttons are better laid out on the M720.

Anyone have experience with both?
I have both. The MX Master is a bit bigger and I actually think the M720 fits better for my hand. I also like that the M720 uses a single AA battery. If you don't need the higher dpi, horizontal scroll wheel, or darkfield sensor feature of the MX Master, the M720 is more than sufficient IMO.
Aug 11, 2014
390 posts
265 upvotes
j831 wrote: I have both. The MX Master is a bit bigger and I actually think the M720 fits better for my hand. I also like that the M720 uses a single AA battery. If you don't need the higher dpi, horizontal scroll wheel, or darkfield sensor feature of the MX Master, the M720 is more than sufficient IMO.
Do current M720s really not have a horizontal scroll wheel? The M720 I bought in late 2017 can scroll horizontally.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
2142 posts
1209 upvotes
Calgary
3express wrote: Do current M720s really not have a horizontal scroll wheel? The M720 I bought in late 2017 can scroll horizontally.
There’s a difference between a wheel you can nudge left and right and a separate one that you can spin just for horizontal scroll. The M720 only has one wheel and always has; the MX Master series has 2.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4546 posts
2632 upvotes
Just got mine today!

Replacing my 10 year old Performance MX, it is a bit smaller, lighter but rounder so it fits into my palm still. I wish the thumb buttons were textured a bit to find them but it's fine, swapping between devices is easy and fast. I couldn't get it to pair with my work laptop as there was a driver error, plus I can't install the software....but the USB dongle works fine. Chromebook paired instantly and fast.

As for horizontal scrolling, unless you're an accountant or work with ridiculous spreadsheets, this mouse is fine. I had that on the Performance MX but requires drivers/software on Windows/mac to work properly, and I rarely used it since I don't work on spreadsheets.

Great packaging, not destroy your hands blister pack, but simple recyclable small tiny box.
Nov 23, 2020
1 posts
I already own this mouse. Question for other owners though. Is the middle click supposed to not actually click/depress? The function works (closing tabs, etc.) but I find it really hard to click and occasionally I hit the lower thumb squeeze area (show all windows). It's the ONLY thing I don't like about this mouse. A brief Google search turned up nothing.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
2624 posts
985 upvotes
Ottawa
absolutely love this mouse. But the 2 year battery life is waaaaaaay over inflated. I would say it is at best 7 months on a NiMH rechargeable battery, so if it was a normal AA maybe 1 year max.

It is nice that once you move the mouse it will immediately come out of sleep mode. And it is very quick to connect, or switch between different computers.

I'm getting another for work.
Apr 7, 2009
374 posts
201 upvotes
toronto
I have this and the Master and prefer the feel and size of the Master as my hand doesn't slide along my desk, but having the button on the side as opposed to underneath to switch between machines is worth it for me.
Oct 19, 2005
227 posts
41 upvotes
Can anyone comment on the clicking loudness of this mouse? I'm using an m585 and I find the loud click annoying.
Oct 17, 2004
101 posts
43 upvotes
Canmore
Bonzi wrote: Can anyone comment on the clicking loudness of this mouse? I'm using an m585 and I find the loud click annoying.
Ordered on Monday received this afternoon. Seems fine noise wise and no different than my old logitech mouse. Set up was quick and easy.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4918 posts
3904 upvotes
Edmonton
Bonzi wrote: Can anyone comment on the clicking loudness of this mouse? I'm using an m585 and I find the loud click annoying.
I just received the MX Master and M720, and have my 6 year old Microsoft Sculpt with me. The Sculpt is the quietest, the two Logitech's have the same noise level but are noticeably louder than the Sculpt. Between the two Logitech the M720 has a deeper sounding click whereas the MX has a higher pitched. I prefer the click sound of the M720
Last edited by fatestkid on Nov 24th, 2020 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4918 posts
3904 upvotes
Edmonton
Playing around with MX Master and M720 for the past half hour, here are my initial thoughts.

M720 -$40
+Great size and fits comfortably
+AA Battery
+Device switch button is on top which makes it easier to switch
+Easy access to back/forward thumb button
+USB Dongle storage built in
+ Compatible with Logitech Flow
+Windows Gesture button
-Less premium build all around and less premium materials.
-Scroll wheel is smooth, but not as smooth as MX, and it does not auto switch between free and click mode.
-Button to switch scroll wheel modes is super clunky sounding. I think you are physically engaging/disengaging the mechanism. It makes noises similar to the spring when you pull a AA battery from a remote.
-No thumb wheel, although I don't really use one.

MX Master -$60
+ Premium feel in the hand and soft touch materials
+ Top scroll feel feels way smoother, and has auto switch between click and free scroll.
+Extremely smooth thumb wheel.
+Windows Gesture button
+Works on any surface
- Size is just a little too big for me.
- back/forward thumb buttons are cramped and I have to move my hand position to click them
-built in battery
-Device switch button is on the bottom
-No place to store the USB dongle.
- Not compatible with Logitech Flow
-Feel heavier to mover around on a mouse pad.

Dec 13, 2010
59 posts
134 upvotes
Victoria
Got it while it was also $39.99 a few months ago, but could never get used to it. When I rest my hand on it, I always accidentally click the soft right button. During gaming when I grip the mouse harder, I always accidentally hit the hidden thumb button.