• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2019 6:51 pm
[OP]
Jan 1, 2005
806 posts
446 upvotes
Montreal

[Amazon Canada] Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Mouse - $49.99

I've been waiting for a deal on this mouse for a while. This a mobile - i.e. small - laser mouse with an internal rechargeable battery that last about 60 days. I love this mouse but keep in mind that the '2s' version is better suited for gaming and image editing as it has a resolution of 4000 DPI versus 1600 DPI for the '2' version.

Deal link:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B075Y8ZVBB/

Enjoy!

27 replies
Banned
Mar 23, 2008
346 posts
496 upvotes
GTA
elgordito wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 8:52 am
Dammit, when will the master 2s go on sale...
[removed] not as good of a savings but they are on "sale"
Last edited by Mars2012 on Apr 18th, 2019 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: non-RFD affiliate link removed
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7961 posts
1048 upvotes
I've been using one of these for about two years now, every day for work. Works really great, fits well and very comfortable in my hands and the Darkfield tracking works on pretty much any surface is very responsive.

The only complain I have about mine, albeit a more minor one, is that the internal rechargeable battery is non-removeable. You can recharge the mice with a USB cord and while in use, but the inability to remove and replace the battery means the life of the mouse is directly tied to the life of the battery. If the battery dies for good then it's done, and the battery life will shorten over time regardless so keep that in mind.

The battery life is decent, I use it for around 8 hours or so a day every weekday from Monday to Friday for work, a charge typically lasts around 4 to 5 weeks of work so between 20 to 25 days which is pretty decent but no way it'll make it for the 70 that is advertised unless you use it no more then 2 hours per day. Full recharge takes roughly 3 hours while charging from a PC USB port and using it at the same time.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Feb 14, 2018
137 posts
72 upvotes
Scorpiate wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 9:01 am
[removed] not as good of a savings but they are on "sale"
I'm seeing $90.
It is a really great mouse though.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Apr 18th, 2019 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edit in quote
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2486 posts
1937 upvotes
Oakville
Winkle wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 9:12 am
I've been using one of these for about two years now, every day for work. Works really great, fits well and very comfortable in my hands and the Darkfield tracking works on pretty much any surface is very responsive.

The only complain I have about mine, albeit a more minor one, is that the internal rechargeable battery is non-removeable. You can recharge the mice with a USB cord and while in use, but the inability to remove and replace the battery means the life of the mouse is directly tied to the life of the battery. If the battery dies for good then it's done, and the battery life will shorten over time regardless so keep that in mind.

The battery life is decent, I use it for around 8 hours or so a day every weekday from Monday to Friday for work, a charge typically lasts around 4 to 5 weeks of work so between 20 to 25 days which is pretty decent but no way it'll make it for the 70 that is advertised unless you use it no more then 2 hours per day. Full recharge takes roughly 3 hours while charging from a PC USB port and using it at the same time.
LoL the internal battery model is better for me because I don't like to open the compartment, find the charger, swap the hopefully spare recharged batteries, all that downtime is not worth it for me. I'm happy with just leaving it plugged in around the PC for the night and getting another 1 month of charge.

Also, Logitech replaces mice and keyboard for any reason really with their warranty program, so you are getting 3 years of micing for $50, roughly $17/year, is fantastic. My previous Logitech have lasted 5 years or greater without any degradation so brings it down to $10/year.

$10/year for a high quality material, high functionality portable noise, is outstanding.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2009
1256 posts
544 upvotes
Calgary
Use it every day at work. Great mouse!
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2003
3092 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
this vs the Logitech M720 Triathalon? https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01LF3 ... EEQB&psc=1

was shopping for a new mouse for work anyways, dont' need the multi device support. Just looking for the better quality for comfortable mouse
Koodo: $50 6GB plan
Public Mobile: $23 1GB plan
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
7961 posts
1048 upvotes
zdpz wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 9:19 am
LoL the internal battery model is better for me because I don't like to open the compartment, find the charger, swap the hopefully spare recharged batteries, all that downtime is not worth it for me. I'm happy with just leaving it plugged in around the PC for the night and getting another 1 month of charge.

Also, Logitech replaces mice and keyboard for any reason really with their warranty program, so you are getting 3 years of micing for $50, roughly $17/year, is fantastic. My previous Logitech have lasted 5 years or greater without any degradation so brings it down to $10/year.

$10/year for a high quality material, high functionality portable noise, is outstanding.
I'd say it depends on your use case, but to be fair they probably don't design a portable mouse to experience heavy usage like mine does. I've already noticed degraded battery life in mine in less then 2 years, when I first bought it I was getting closer to 6 weeks of usage on a charge, now it's just a little over 4 weeks. But I already expected this, so as I said it's only a minor complaint of mine and if you're a lighter user you probably won't have the same "issue".

My last wireless portable mouse was a Microsoft one and used AA batteries so I just used two sets of Eneloops and swapped between the two, the Eneloops was giving me 8 to 9 weeks of use per charge with that mouse under the same use load/conditions so that's pretty fantastic and what I'm comparing the Anywhere 2 against. And at the end of the day, I'll never be a fan of non-removable batteries over removable ones, I don't care if Logitech gives a good warranty coverage on it because you're still having to deal with their customer service and RMA process, I'll rather just take the 10 seconds to throw in a new battery myself.
Pyro wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 10:05 am
this vs the Logitech M720 Triathalon? https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01LF3 ... EEQB&psc=1

was shopping for a new mouse for work anyways, dont' need the multi device support. Just looking for the better quality for comfortable mouse
Depends on what you're using it with. I have a laptop for work that I take with me everywhere so having a portable wireless mouse makes sense, I want something small and light and easy to carry in my work bag. If you're going to use the mouse with a desktop then the large Triathlon would make more sense, but if you're getting it for a laptop, I'd say the Anywhere 2 is a better choice.
"God's in His heaven. All's right with the world." - Robert Browning (1812-1889)
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2003
1114 posts
206 upvotes
note that this thing has no middle click
[OP]
Jan 1, 2005
806 posts
446 upvotes
Montreal
JustinZ wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 10:58 am
Yes it does, the small button above the LED is assigned to middle click by default.
Last edited by mouf on Apr 18th, 2019 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5608 posts
1388 upvotes
Calgary
great mouse, i use the anywhere, everywhere :D
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
5608 posts
1388 upvotes
Calgary
JustinZ wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 10:58 am
you can map all the buttons however you want with the logitech options app.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2009
2668 posts
266 upvotes
Calgary
elgordito wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 8:52 am
Dammit, when will the master 2s go on sale...
I'm waiting too.