Expired Hot Deals

[Amazon Canada] Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Mouse - $49.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 23rd, 2019 6:51 pm
May 5, 2017
304 posts
62 upvotes
I just measured my current mouse - tecknet m002 - and it's about the same size of the anywhere 2s. Maybe I will just try this one out. The master may end up feeling too big for me even.

I do have a corded portable mouse that is much smaller which is what I thought the anywhere size was like...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
9969 posts
1507 upvotes
M720 is my favorite mouse, I am using it now and has a spare. I like it over Anywhere 2s because it has better ergonomic, it uses AA battery, multi-device button is easily reachable. I use the button frequently and will be a pain if I have to flip the mouse every time. Internal battery is good but rechargeable lithium battery has limited lifespan and will degrade after 3 few years. My MX Anywhere is still working fine today after so many years so I don't like to limit the lifespan of the mouse by the battery but in reality it probably won't make a difference. $50 is a good price for Anywhere 2s compared to $40 M720. I paid $35 for mine so the decision was easy.

Anywhere 2S in theory has better sensor but I haven't encounter a surface that doesn't work with the M720.
Pyro wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 10:05 am
this vs the Logitech M720 Triathalon? https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01LF3 ... EEQB&psc=1

was shopping for a new mouse for work anyways, dont' need the multi device support. Just looking for the better quality for comfortable mouse
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
2286 posts
1557 upvotes
Oakville
Winkle wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 10:07 am
I'd say it depends on your use case, but to be fair they probably don't design a portable mouse to experience heavy usage like mine does. I've already noticed degraded battery life in mine in less then 2 years, when I first bought it I was getting closer to 6 weeks of usage on a charge, now it's just a little over 4 weeks. But I already expected this, so as I said it's only a minor complaint of mine and if you're a lighter user you probably won't have the same "issue".

My last wireless portable mouse was a Microsoft one and used AA batteries so I just used two sets of Eneloops and swapped between the two, the Eneloops was giving me 8 to 9 weeks of use per charge with that mouse under the same use load/conditions so that's pretty fantastic and what I'm comparing the Anywhere 2 against. And at the end of the day, I'll never be a fan of non-removable batteries over removable ones, I don't care if Logitech gives a good warranty coverage on it because you're still having to deal with their customer service and RMA process, I'll rather just take the 10 seconds to throw in a new battery myself.

Depends on what you're using it with. I have a laptop for work that I take with me everywhere so having a portable wireless mouse makes sense, I want something small and light and easy to carry in my work bag. If you're going to use the mouse with a desktop then the large Triathlon would make more sense, but if you're getting it for a laptop, I'd say the Anywhere 2 is a better choice.
Logitech warranty process is one of the leading ones in the market, and they have never asked me to send old mouse or keyboard back, ever, and I've RMAed stuff for little negligible cases like minor scratch on the back because I have OCD.

Anyway, I get your preference too.

I use this mouse 5 hours a day at work.
-ZdpZ... ;)
[OP]
Jan 1, 2005
768 posts
377 upvotes
Montreal
82 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 11:49 am
M720 is my favorite mouse, I am using it now and has a spare. I like it over Anywhere 2s because it has better ergonomic, it uses AA battery, multi-device button is easily reachable. I use the button frequently and will be a pain if I have to flip the mouse every time. Internal battery is good but rechargeable lithium battery has limited lifespan and will degrade after 3 few years. My MX Anywhere is still working fine today after so many years so I don't like to limit the lifespan of the mouse by the battery but in reality it probably won't make a difference. $50 is a good price for Anywhere 2s compared to $40 M720. I paid $35 for mine so the decision was easy.

Anywhere 2S in theory has better sensor but I haven't encounter a surface that doesn't work with the M720.
The problem with the M720 is that the sensor is not centered. This drives me nut personally. I have one sitting in a closet because of that.
Mar 20, 2005
93 posts
37 upvotes
Calgary
Love this mouse. Ordered 3 for work.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2014
2019 posts
917 upvotes
Toronto
If ergonomics is a thing for you and you want a mouse as a daily driver, I would not suggest this mouse...

I have one because I go on the road two days a week and wanted a smaller travel mouse, i've had it for the past six months... While the functions and features are great, the size is just too small. Luckily, the type of work I do doesn't use the mouse that much, but if I were say an accountant or an administrator, I would dread using this mouse unless you had small hands. I couldn't imagine using this mouse as a daily driver.

Honestly, I wish I got the bigger brother and got a full sized mouse because I could still easily transport that. Note, my wife likes the mouse though. I think the size of your hands make the difference.

I have gotten used to this mouse, but when i'm home I get to use my full size mouse, I can notice the difference immediately in the ergonomics

TLDR: This mouse is too small for me and wish I got a full sized mouse

Not sure If this matters... i'm 5'7", 160lbs, ring size 8.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
11984 posts
2855 upvotes
Ottawa
82 wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 11:49 am

+1

I paid 40 and 50 for my two 720 and it’s my favorite nongaming mouse
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and not paying full price like Joe Shmoe did. This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2003
1089 posts
196 upvotes
T3rry wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 11:11 am
you can map all the buttons however you want with the logitech options app.
ok..... but you cant click the mouse wheel in like you can on all other mouses

its missing a hardware function people should be aware of that
[OP]
Jan 1, 2005
768 posts
377 upvotes
Montreal
JustinZ wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 12:50 pm
ok..... but you cant click the mouse wheel in like you can on all other mouses

its missing a hardware function people should be aware of that
That's incorrect. When you vertically press the wheel on this mice it mechanically shift between scrolling types - free or notched. As I said above, the middle click is assigned to the button above the LED by default.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
11984 posts
2855 upvotes
Ottawa
mouf wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 12:07 pm
The problem with the M720 is that the sensor is not centered. This drives me nut personally. I have one sitting in a closet because of that.
I've used it for a year now and never even noticed that.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and not paying full price like Joe Shmoe did. This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
6524 posts
2374 upvotes
Toronto
Pyro wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 10:05 am
this vs the Logitech M720 Triathalon? https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01LF3 ... EEQB&psc=1

was shopping for a new mouse for work anyways, dont' need the multi device support. Just looking for the better quality for comfortable mouse
Works on glass, rechargeable, smaller RF receiver, more portable. Great as I don't have to worry about glass tables wherever I am. But if you're just using it at work on a mousepad, might as well get the more ergonomic Triathalon.