Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.ca

Logitech MX ERGO Advanced Wireless Trackball - $99.99

[OP]
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1349 posts
1188 upvotes
ON

[Amazon.ca] Logitech MX ERGO Advanced Wireless Trackball - $99.99

Edit August 22nd: and up to $120 now. Deal dead.


Seems to be ATL, based on the three camels. It's been at this price 3-4 times in the last 12 months.

Now if they would put the M575 on sale for $30 or even $20 less than the normal price ($70), I would replace my M570.

Thanks @Dhanushan for the following info:
I would get the MX ERGO Plus version for the same price.
The Plus version has a wedge that provides for an additional 10-degrees of tilt.

Logitech MX Ergo Trackball Mouse (910-005178)
https://www.staples.ca/products/2764655 ... 910-005178

Logitech MX ERGO Wireless Laser Trackball - Black
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lo ... k/11649062

"Offers 0 degrees, 20 degrees, or 30 degrees angle positions with a smart adjustable hinge, so your hand feels relaxed and natural"
Last edited by RaidZero on Aug 22nd, 2021 9:08 pm, edited 5 times in total.
44 replies
Member
Apr 12, 2007
455 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto
RaidZero wrote: Seems to be ATL, based on the three camels. It's been at this price 3-4 times in the last 12 months.

Now if they would put the M575 on sale for $30 or even $20, I would replace my M570.
What's the major difference beteen this and the m575?
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
1349 posts
1188 upvotes
ON
darkhero168 wrote: What's the major difference beteen this and the m575?
Rechargeable battery, 8 buttons vs. 4, different sensor, tiltable scroll wheel.

None of these features would be important for me, so personally the difference is $30 + tax at the moment :)
Last edited by RaidZero on Aug 11th, 2021 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jr. Member
Aug 22, 2007
160 posts
232 upvotes
Toronto
darkhero168 wrote: What's the major difference beteen this and the m575?
From RTings:

"The Logitech MX ERGO is a better ergonomic trackball mouse for office use than the Logitech ERGO M575. The MX ERGO feels better-built and has a rechargeable battery. It also has more programmable inputs, a scroll wheel with L/R tilt buttons, and better click latency when using Bluetooth. On the other hand, the ERGO M575 is heavier and uses an AA battery. Both mice are very well-suited for palm grip, but those with small hands may not be able to reach all buttons using a claw grip with the M575."
Member
User avatar
Nov 24, 2002
375 posts
604 upvotes
I follow the deals
I love Logitech's trackballs, but I really wish they used better quality components in their mice. I've owned five M570s over the last decade or so (along with a few M330s) and they have all, without fail, had failures in their click switches around the one-year mark

It's such a widespread issue that there are tons of instructions on YT on how to replace the switches with higher quality ones
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
16150 posts
21076 upvotes
Toronto
RaidZero wrote: Seems to be ATL, based on the three camels. It's been at this price 3-4 times in the last 12 months.
I would get the MX ERGO Plus version for the same price.
The Plus version has a wedge that provides for an additional 10-degrees of tilt.

Logitech MX Ergo Trackball Mouse (910-005178)
https://www.staples.ca/products/2764655 ... 910-005178

Logitech MX ERGO Wireless Laser Trackball - Black
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lo ... k/11649062

"Offers 0 degrees, 20 degrees, or 30 degrees angle positions with a smart adjustable hinge, so your hand feels relaxed and natural"
Destiny is all
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
6921 posts
4654 upvotes
SW ON
I've never seen this monster. Is it a mouse trackball combo or just a trackball? Does the cursor move when you move this on the table?
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
16150 posts
21076 upvotes
Toronto
alpovs wrote: I've never seen this monster. Is it a mouse trackball combo or just a trackball? Does the cursor move when you move this on the table?
Just trackball

Destiny is all
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 25, 2003
16791 posts
5270 upvotes
Markham
alpovs wrote: I've never seen this monster. Is it a mouse trackball combo or just a trackball? Does the cursor move when you move this on the table?
Trackball only. Cursor moves only when you move the trackball
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Sr. Member
Jan 4, 2019
779 posts
841 upvotes
darkhero168 wrote: What's the major difference beteen this and the m575?
It feels much better IMO. The tilt is huge. Easily connecting to two devices. It fits my hand better. Both are great and I use and own both. But the ergo wins in my books by far. I'd pay the extra for it.
Newbie
Apr 1, 2021
3 posts
9 upvotes
I've been using the MX Ergo for 2 years now daily and it's still going strong. As for the 20' tilt, it might be too little so if you're into more go for additional 10 degrees suggested by Dhanushan above.
There's also something about the heft of the mouse I really like, not sure if the M575 has the same feel.
Cheers,
CaptainGinger
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
16150 posts
21076 upvotes
Toronto
CaptainGinger wrote: I've been using the MX Ergo for 2 years now daily and it's still going strong. As for the 20' tilt, it might be too little so if you're into more go for additional 10 degrees suggested by Dhanushan above.
There's also something about the heft of the mouse I really like, not sure if the M575 has the same feel.
The MX Ergo weighs more and uses better materials

weight (without metal plate) is 164 g
The metal plate adds 95 g
https://www.logitech.com/en-ca/products ... mouse.html


MX575 is 145 g
https://www.logitech.com/en-ca/products ... 05868.html
Destiny is all
Banned
Jul 4, 2021
17 posts
24 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: I would get the MX ERGO Plus version for the same price.
The Plus version has a wedge that provides for an additional 10-degrees of tilt.

Logitech MX Ergo Trackball Mouse (910-005178)
https://www.staples.ca/products/2764655 ... 910-005178

Logitech MX ERGO Wireless Laser Trackball - Black
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lo ... k/11649062

"Offers 0 degrees, 20 degrees, or 30 degrees angle positions with a smart adjustable hinge, so your hand feels relaxed and natural"
is the staples one the PLUS? I only see in bestbuy the 30 degrees mention. I'd rather buy from staples.
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
16150 posts
21076 upvotes
Toronto
northi wrote: is the staples one the PLUS? I only see in bestbuy the 30 degrees mention. I'd rather buy from staples.
It should be, they have the same model # 910-005178

The non-plus version model # is 910-005177
Destiny is all
Sr. Member
Jun 22, 2011
702 posts
648 upvotes
My favourite thumb trackball for sure. I don't use the wedge personally, but it easily tops the m570 / m575
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 24, 2020
659 posts
1532 upvotes
I bought this one last year and was happy for a few days, later i felt discomfort in my arm edge (5th finger) because it was always laying on the table and support the arm.
I was playing with angles, but nevertheless, discomfort remained. Also, i found that ball was not running smooth, but with more feeling friction. I cleaned it but it did not help.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1456 posts
2028 upvotes
Waterloo Region
darkhero168 wrote: What's the major difference beteen this and the m575?
RaidZero wrote: Rechargeable battery, 8 buttons vs. 4, different sensor, tiltable scroll wheel.

None of these features would be important for me, so personally the difference is $30 + tax at the moment :)
How can you leave out the most important feature? Multi device connection!!!
The ergo can connect to 2 different devices simultaneously and has a button below the scroll wheel that you can tap on to switch between either one.
If you have never used a multi device mouse before, then I understand why you do not see it's importance. However I have got my hooked up to my primary TV and being able to switch from controlling the PC to controlling the android TV device, using the same mouse would be a huge deal.

The only reason I haven't jumped on this yet is because like someone else mentioned, Logitech M57x series has got a terrible history with failure after 12 months. Not sure I want to spend $112 on something that's going to juat breakdown after a year.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 24, 2019
870 posts
1467 upvotes
Edmonton
JustinZ wrote: If anybody is getting into trackballs for the first time -- i recommend the Kensington Expert Mouse instead:
https://www.amazon.ca/Kensington-64325- ... B00009KH63
I do not agree with this for first time buyers as the price point is high but this would be great for left hand use, if you have the desk space.
Last edited by MahlerMusic on Aug 12th, 2021 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Member
Apr 12, 2007
455 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto
Gangsta101 wrote: How can you leave out the most important feature? Multi device connection!!!
The ergo can connect to 2 different devices simultaneously and has a button below the scroll wheel that you can tap on to switch between either one.
If you have never used a multi device mouse before, then I understand why you do not see it's importance. However I have got my hooked up to my primary TV and being able to switch from controlling the PC to controlling the android TV device, using the same mouse would be a huge deal.

The only reason I haven't jumped on this yet is because like someone else mentioned, Logitech M57x series has got a terrible history with failure after 12 months. Not sure I want to spend $112 on something that's going to juat breakdown after a year.
is the multi device switch bluetooth only?

Top