Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Logitech MX ERGO Advanced Wireless Trackball - $99.99

Jul 26, 2016
269 posts
150 upvotes
darkhero168 wrote: is the multi device switch bluetooth only?
Multi device switches between the Included USB antenna and one Bluetooth device. There’s a little light on the mouse that switches from 1 and 2 to indicate which one it’s on, 2 for Bluetooth.
Mar 26, 2013
242 posts
178 upvotes
Twin Peaks
Had nasty discomfort from nerve damage from decades of mouse use, read about trackball, using it for a year now, very nice, highly recommended.
Nov 13, 2017
83 posts
204 upvotes
At what point do we say that a fancy mouse made in China is not worth 100 bucks. At what point. And please, don’t defend Logitech as if you own stock there.
Temp. Banned
Jun 20, 2020
17142 posts
22931 upvotes
Toronto
doctorcru wrote: Multi device switches between the Included USB antenna and one Bluetooth device. There’s a little light on the mouse that switches from 1 and 2 to indicate which one it’s on, 2 for Bluetooth.
You can connect to two Logitech receivers or Bluetooth computers also

'Your MX Ergo trackball can connect to two devices at the same time. You can connect in both channels using the Unifying receiver or Bluetooth."

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-ca/artic ... -Trackball
Destiny is all
Apr 12, 2007
478 posts
279 upvotes
Toronto
Dhanushan wrote: You can connect to two Logitech receivers or Bluetooth computers also

'Your MX Ergo trackball can connect to two devices at the same time. You can connect in both channels using the Unifying receiver or Bluetooth."

https://support.logi.com/hc/en-ca/artic ... -Trackball
so i can swap between the included receiver and a unifying one? i have a dongle with the orange star on it from a logitech k400+ keyboard.. is that considered a unifying receiver?
Temp. Banned
Jun 20, 2020
17142 posts
22931 upvotes
Toronto
darkhero168 wrote: so i can swap between the included receiver and a unifying one? i have a dongle with the orange star on it from a logitech k400+ keyboard.. is that considered a unifying receiver?
Yes. Yes.
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2038 posts
2652 upvotes
TORONTO
Dhanushan wrote: I would get the MX ERGO Plus version for the same price.
The Plus version has a wedge that provides for an additional 10-degrees of tilt.

Logitech MX Ergo Trackball Mouse (910-005178)
https://www.staples.ca/products/2764655 ... 910-005178

Logitech MX ERGO Wireless Laser Trackball - Black
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/lo ... k/11649062

"Offers 0 degrees, 20 degrees, or 30 degrees angle positions with a smart adjustable hinge, so your hand feels relaxed and natural"
Bought from bestbuy for the extra 10 degree. Thanks!
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
Apr 20, 2009
60 posts
11 upvotes
Little mistype. The 24 inch monitor is 169$, not 69$.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1477 posts
2047 upvotes
Waterloo Region
epsilonpegasi wrote: At what point do we say that a fancy mouse made in China is not worth 100 bucks. At what point. And please, don’t defend Logitech as if you own stock there.
Not justifying the price, however most of the things we pay money for aren't worth the MSRP.

Having said that, this mouse isn't just any other mouse. Trackball + Multi-device connection sets it apart from most other mice. As someone who has used a trackball mouse exclusively for the last 4 years, I wouldn't trade them for anything. Kensington is the only other manufacturer with a trackball device capable of connecting to more than 1 PC at once. Theirs can connect to 3, however I am not clear on whether you can switch between devices easily. Plus the price difference is minimal.
Nov 24, 2020
728 posts
1896 upvotes
Want to buy cheaper?
1. Get $10 off coupon from Staples signing up for emails.
2. This coupon can be applied on purchases over $100.00, so you need to add any item to get your total to be 100.00 or more.
3. Order and get Logitech even cheaper ;) Or you add any $10 item to your order and get it for free :)
Deal Guru
Dec 5, 2006
13419 posts
8777 upvotes
Markham
JMik wrote: I love Logitech's trackballs, but I really wish they used better quality components in their mice. I've owned five M570s over the last decade or so (along with a few M330s) and they have all, without fail, had failures in their click switches around the one-year mark

It's such a widespread issue that there are tons of instructions on YT on how to replace the switches with higher quality ones
That's how they sell more products lol
Dec 27, 2006
376 posts
238 upvotes
Vancouver
Dhanushan wrote: The MX Ergo weighs more and uses better materials
Better materials is subjective. My MX Ergo is over 3 years old now and the rubberized coating on the palm area is de-vulcanizing (getting sticky). The M575 is just hard plastic like the old M570 so they won't exhibit this problem with age. That's my only material complaint with the MX Ergo, that lame rubberized coating. Everything else is more "premium" feeling than the M575, especially that magnetic tilt + base. Another couple of gripes I have is the narrow tunnel to the microUSB charge port which limits you to using the stock USB cable because most other cables have a bigger connector head that won't fit and the proprietary li-ion battery. I personally consider rechargeable AA batteries (Eneloop, LADDA, etc) to be far more sustainable over the long term. The M575 is really just a M570 with a slightly higher res sensor and added dual mode connection (USB + BT).
Gangsta101 wrote: How can you leave out the most important feature? Multi device connection!!!
The ergo can connect to 2 different devices simultaneously and has a button below the scroll wheel that you can tap on to switch between either one.
Unless you are referring to the MX Ergo's Flow software which you don't need to tap the button, if you are referring to just switching between Unifying receiver mode (USB dongle) and Bluetooth mode, you can do the exact same thing with the M575 that has the mode switch button on the bottom instead of the top. I have a M575 hooked up to a Dell laptop (USB dongle) and a MacBook Pro (BT, b/c it has no USB-A ports). I just press the button on the bottom to switch between the 2 modes. White LED = USB dongle, Blue LED = BT.

I still use the sticky MX Ergo (w/30* tilt) on my main desktop because I still can't find a good 3D printed 30 degree tilt base for the M575. The M575 has a different base design so M570 tilt bases are not compatible. And the super generic/universal flat tilt bases don't hold the trackball very securely.
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2018
1383 posts
706 upvotes
HuoShing wrote: Had nasty discomfort from nerve damage from decades of mouse use, read about trackball, using it for a year now, very nice, highly recommended.
Been using a trackball for 20+ years now and have never had hand or wrist pain.

I snagged the Ergo plus from Canada computers last year for $69.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2038 posts
2652 upvotes
TORONTO
Even though I just bought this mouse, I'm skeptical about the current logitech quality. Two of my mx vertical just failed a little over 1 years of use (one double click, the other skip move). Lets see how this goes.
RACISM IS THE WORST VIRUS
Dec 1, 2009
370 posts
388 upvotes
Ottawa
I have both M575 and Ergo plus. The Ergo tilt feature is good but not a game changer. The wedge has limited usage too. The biggest drawback of Ergo is the hole at the bottom is much smaller compared with M575, which makes it hard to pop the trackball out for cleaning. Now you have to use a think stick or screwdriver instead of a regular pencil or even your pinkey for m575.
The problem of M575 is the notorious double click issue after long term use. It can be fixed by replacing the click button but may be not easy for everyone.
M575 is good enough for most users I'd say.
Mar 5, 2012
408 posts
470 upvotes
Montréal
I would like to upgrade from my M575, but there is no way I will spend $100 in 2021 with a sealed battery micro USB powered mouse. Time to upgrade Logitech!
Jan 17, 2018
353 posts
218 upvotes
MahlerMusic wrote: I do not agree with this for first time buyers as the price point is high but this would be great for left hand use, if you have the desk space.
Which bluetooth wireless trackball would you recommend for a first time user?
I'm looking to spend the least possible since I'm not sure if I'll like it compared to a normal mouse.
Nov 24, 2020
728 posts
1896 upvotes
Is Ergo trackball good to be used on a set up of 2 monitors? Or regular mouse would be faster?
Oct 24, 2019
947 posts
1767 upvotes
Edmonton
CaptainD wrote: Which bluetooth wireless trackball would you recommend for a first time user?
I'm looking to spend the least possible since I'm not sure if I'll like it compared to a normal mouse.
I would recommend going used as track ball mice are not for every one and they pop up on Kijiji or FB market from time to time.
Logitech M570 or M575 are the ones to look for new or used on sale.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)