• Dec 14th, 2020 6:01 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2358 posts
1770 upvotes
Montreal, QC

[Amazon.ca] Logitech MX ERGO trackball mouse - $99.99

Hey guys, I'm not sure if this has been posted as there's so many mouse threads, I just checked but didn't see this specific deal. I was looking at this trackball for a while, it will be a nice upgrade from my M570. It's been that price a few times over the past 12 months (last in February based on CCC?).

The M570 is also back at $39.99.

EDIT: Seems that's there's an ERGO Plus model for the same price on Best Buy and Logitech. I'm not sure why they're the same price and how they're different based on photos, but someone said the tilt pad is larger.

Thanks @Sojoph :
Just a quick note that Best Buy also carries the MX Ergo Plus alongside Logitech, and it's also $99.99 there.

When the "Plus" initially released, Best Buy secured it as an exclusive amongst other retail chains to sell it.

Even though they don't add "Plus" to the product description (I don't know why they don't), it's the model that they sell, and it's shown as the Model Number on the page.

Model number 910-005177 is the standard MX Ergo mouse (which is what Amazon sells).

Model number 910-005178 is the MX Ergo Plus (which is what Best Buy sells).

You can verify the Model/Part Number from Logitech's site, too.

For the Logitech site, you have to click on buying the standard MX Ergo, and then select from a drop-down menu the MX Ergo Plus.
anonymous2 wrote: I have this, but I got it direct from Logitech. On their site you can order the MX Ergo PLUS version which includes a larger tilt pad. Making it sit more vertical, this is how use it and I find it much more comfortable than the way the regular Ergo sits
Last edited by willy0275 on Nov 25th, 2020 2:28 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Happy Koodo Public Mobile customer :-)
40 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
2708 posts
2232 upvotes
Toronto
willy0275 wrote: Hey guys, I'm not sure if this has been posted as there's so many mouse threads, I just checked but didn't see this specific deal. I was looking at this trackball for a while, it will be a nice upgrade from my M570. It's been that price a few times over the past 12 months (last in February based on CCC?).

The M570 is also back at $39.99.
Staples has this for the same price starting on the Black Friday

[Staples] Staples' Black Friday Flyer is Up
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2358 posts
1770 upvotes
Montreal, QC
nightwalker wrote: This brings me back memories of using those Unisys Computers at my elementary school's computer lab

http://www.poprewind.com/it-came-from-c ... -computer/
Yeah that's actually another type of trackball, the one you control with the middle fingers. The ERGO & others are thumb-based trackballs.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2020
2708 posts
2232 upvotes
Toronto
willy0275 wrote: So buy now from Amazon instead of having to wait for December 1st?
Staples sale starts Black Friday (November 27th)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2358 posts
1770 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Dhanushan wrote: Staples sale starts Black Friday (November 27th)
Then, buy now from Amazon instead of having to wait for Friday and risking OOS?
Mar 14, 2003
223 posts
33 upvotes
I have this, but I got it direct from Logitech. On their site you can order the MX Ergo PLUS version which includes a larger tilt pad. Making it sit more vertical, this is how use it and I find it much more comfortable than the way the regular Ergo sits
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2358 posts
1770 upvotes
Montreal, QC
anonymous2 wrote: I have this, but I got it direct from Logitech. On their site you can order the MX Ergo PLUS version which includes a larger tilt pad. Making it sit more vertical, this is how use it and I find it much more comfortable than the way the regular Ergo sits
Is their price $99.99?

EDIT: I just checked their website and I don't see any mention of this "MX Ergo PLUS" you're talking about. But at least the MX ERGO is also at $99.99.
Jul 3, 2015
264 posts
660 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
Just a quick note that Best Buy also carries the MX Ergo Plus alongside Logitech, and it's also $99.99 there.

When the "Plus" initially released, Best Buy secured it as an exclusive amongst other retail chains to sell it.

Even though they don't add "Plus" to the product description (I don't know why they don't), it's the model that they sell, and it's shown as the Model Number on the page.

Model number 910-005177 is the standard MX Ergo mouse (which is what Amazon sells).

Model number 910-005178 is the MX Ergo Plus (which is what Best Buy sells).

You can verify the Model/Part Number from Logitech's site, too.
willy0275 wrote: Is their price $99.99?

EDIT: I just checked their website and I don't see any mention of this "MX Ergo PLUS" you're talking about. But at least the MX ERGO is also at $99.99.
For the Logitech site, you have to click on buying the standard MX Ergo, and then select from a drop-down menu the MX Ergo Plus.
Images
  • Logitech MX Ergo.jpg
  • Logitech MX Ergo Plus.jpg
Last edited by Sojoph on Nov 25th, 2020 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2358 posts
1770 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Sojoph wrote: For the Logitech site, you have to click on buying the standard MX Ergo, and then select from a drop-down menu the MX Ergo Plus.
Wow that's a lot of info thanks. I'll put your post in my OP.

I just re-ordered from Best Buy instead. It's really hard to know about this "Plus" option based on what we can see on different websites. Maybe you could create a new thread with the Best Buy link and information and I could delete this one? I think it's a deal worth sharing.
Jul 3, 2015
264 posts
660 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
willy0275 wrote: Wow that's a lot of info thanks. I'll put your post in my OP.

I just re-ordered from Best Buy instead. It's really hard to know about this "Plus" option based on what we can see on different websites. Maybe you could create a new thread with the Best Buy link and information and I could delete this one? I think it's a deal worth sharing.
Ah, don't worry about it. You can have full credit for starting the thread, and just add extra bits of into into the opening post as you deem necessary lol

In a nutshell, the difference between the MX Ergo and MX Ergo Plus isn't substantial enough to warrant a price difference, hence why they're both the same price; however, some folks would argue that the Plus is "more comfortable" to use.

The reason is ergonomics due to the extra metal "pad" plate included with every MX Ergo.

The standard MX Ergo includes a plate that can keep the mouse laying flat or tilt it up roughly 20 degrees (which adds a lot of comfort for some users).

The MX Ergo Plus adds a bit more to the tilt, having the angle go up to 30 degrees.

Of course, it all depends on the personal preference of the user. Some folks say it doesn't make a difference, whereas others feel that extra 10 degrees makes a substantial difference.

I've added two images to this post. One image shows the MX Ergo with the default metal plate, giving 20 degrees of tilt. Note in the second image for the MX Ergo Plus an extra piece of plastic, giving it 30 degrees of tilt.
Images
  • MX Ergo Plus.jpg
  • MX Ergo.jpg
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2358 posts
1770 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Sojoph wrote: Ah, don't worry about it. You can have full credit for starting the thread, and just add extra bits of into into the opening post as you deem necessary lol
I really don't care about getting credit or upvotes, I usually can't be arsed to create threads on RFD because there's lots of weird people (like this downvote for "bad price" when it's never been lower??) but I thought I'd make an effort today to try to give back a little as I've been parasiting on other people's posts for so long Face With Tears Of Joy Anyway, thanks for all the info.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1846 posts
333 upvotes
Alberta
Hm, been debating a while about a trackball.
Is the Ergo a big step up from the M570 (about $50 difference).
Oct 24, 2009
857 posts
811 upvotes
Vancouver
For those looking for a trackball, Kensington Expert is also on for $99.99

Kensington Expert Wireless Trackball Mouse (K72359WW) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01936N73I/ref ... VFbT7JA1Q7

Might be better for heavy users as you can balance the workload among more fingers. I had serious thumb pains in the past using thumb trackballs especially considering most people use their thumbs for their phones too.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2015
2358 posts
1770 upvotes
Montreal, QC
absolutcamper wrote: For those looking for a trackball, Kensington Expert is also on for $99.99

Kensington Expert Wireless Trackball Mouse (K72359WW) https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B01936N73I/ref ... VFbT7JA1Q7

Might be better for heavy users as you can balance the workload among more fingers. I had serious thumb pains in the past using thumb trackballs especially considering most people use their thumbs for their phones too.
I had been looking at that one too but I don't think $97 is a good price for it, I think under $80 it might start getting interesting VS the ERGO @ $99.
Apr 14, 2010
14 posts
4 upvotes
Waterloo
Chingyul wrote: Hm, been debating a while about a trackball.
Is the Ergo a big step up from the M570 (about $50 difference).
I have both, and greatly prefer the Ergo with the whole tilt thing. It feels like it fills my hand, while the M570 would be more appropriate for smaller hands (I'm a man but my hands aren't overly large).