Expired Hot Deals

Amazon.com

Amazon.ca: Logitech MX Performance Mouse, $69.99 + FREE ship

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2014 5:51 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Banned
User avatar
Jun 28, 2012
5562 posts
815 upvotes
Calgary

[Amazon.com] Amazon.ca: Logitech MX Performance Mouse, $69.99 + FREE ship

Anyone have this mouse? Seems very comfortable for a stationary mouse. Was looking at the Anywhere MX mouse for $59.99 at BB right now but then i saw this. I immediately could tell the difference in build quality between this and the MX anywhere to the $20 Logitech mice. Probably too big to carry around though. Love the super smooth noiseless scroll wheel, always found them annoying as they get louder over time.

PM this at BB or FS for $3 more off.

[IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4 ... SL500_.jpg[/IMG]
12 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 24, 2007
2084 posts
817 upvotes
I am using this mouse now lasted years, check my post for the double click issues on this and the majority of Logitech mice, only a question of when not if but there is a easy fix. Don't bother to send it back to Logitech though their warranty is pretty good, the replacement will have same issue over time. I actually prefer the revolution but got discontinued.
Sr. Member
Jan 20, 2007
645 posts
652 upvotes
I got this a year ago from FS for 59.99, and they were on sale for 49.99 back on Boxing Day. Best to wait till it goes on sale again.

Performance wise, it's decent. Scroll wheel is smooth but not exactly noiseless.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Oct 23, 2007
805 posts
102 upvotes
Its my main mouse for home use. The extra buttons are really useful for CAD / browsing. Doesnt work very well with Opera though and it actually made me switch to chrome :(

It's worth the money if you're not cash strapped. Also Logitech warranty is awesome, they actually sent me a replacement without me having to send my product back once!

Scroll wheel is not quiet, but I dont mind it. It has a nice satisfying click. Unlike the old MX revo, the hyperscroll can be toggled through what was the search button, which imo is better.

My only beef is with the battery life, which is not bad, one AA per two weeks, but much, much worse than the m570 (my office trackball)
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 12, 2003
15057 posts
1453 upvotes
Markham
astrotrain wrote: I am using this mouse now lasted years, check my post for the double click issues on this and the majority of Logitech mice, only a question of when not if but there is a easy fix. Don't bother to send it back to Logitech though their warranty is pretty good, the replacement will have same issue over time. I actually prefer the revolution but got discontinued.
the left button my mine isn't working correctly anymore either... sometimes it registers a double click, sometimes just a single

out of warranty, so it's now just sitting in a drawer somewhere and i've moved onto other brand mouse
ShadowVlican
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 24, 2007
2084 posts
817 upvotes
ShadowVlican wrote: the left button my mine isn't working correctly anymore either... sometimes it registers a double click, sometimes just a single

out of warranty, so it's now just sitting in a drawer somewhere and i've moved onto other brand mouse
If there is no other issue with the mouse except for double click follow these steps for the fix:

Take batt out,
remove the 3 pads under the mouse and unscrew the screws ,
pry the mouse top cover out watch out for the attached ribbon,

follow the guide below to remove the micro switch cover and reshape the copper metal that is responsible for the double click issue.

http://www.overclockers.com/mouse-click ... iy-repair/

I have done this on several Logi mice and they are restored as new. Sometimes after a year you may get the issue again just redo steps above. The mice are great aside from the click issues and pretty expensive so why not try the fix.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Feb 1, 2012
632 posts
326 upvotes
Montreal
I have a performance mx , had the double click issue, logitech Changed it.

Good warranty
Member
Apr 4, 2006
426 posts
30 upvotes
The double click is a common issue for this mouse. I have the same issue with mine after 12 months, but too lazy to call warranty.
Member
Jun 3, 2009
476 posts
32 upvotes
Awesome mouse. Pretty sure it's been quite a bit cheaper though.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2013 upvotes
Fernando Poo
ShadowVlican wrote: the left button my mine isn't working correctly anymore either... sometimes it registers a double click, sometimes just a single

out of warranty, so it's now just sitting in a drawer somewhere and i've moved onto other brand mouse
Same.
astrotrain wrote: If there is no other issue with the mouse except for double click follow these steps for the fix:

Take batt out,
remove the 3 pads under the mouse and unscrew the screws ,
pry the mouse top cover out watch out for the attached ribbon,

follow the guide below to remove the micro switch cover and reshape the copper metal that is responsible for the double click issue.

http://www.overclockers.com/mouse-click ... iy-repair/

I have done this on several Logi mice and they are restored as new. Sometimes after a year you may get the issue again just redo steps above. The mice are great aside from the click issues and pretty expensive so why not try the fix.
I'll try that.
Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep
Deal Expert
User avatar
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2013 upvotes
Fernando Poo
Didn't go well at all. Can't get the copper clickers back firmly in place. This guy does a better job showing how to do it...should have found him first.

Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)