• Jul 11th, 2020 4:09 pm
13 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7205 posts
8972 upvotes
Scarbs
I grabbed one a while ago and insta-returned it

vertical movements were less sensitive than horizontal ones. tried different surfaces and devices, and got the same problem
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2005
4913 posts
2144 upvotes
Vancity
This is my go-to mouse. I have 4 of them. I bought two of them for $25 each when Costco was clearing them out. It's a good mouse for my use-case, but I won't pay more than $30 for one.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
2160 posts
915 upvotes
Toronto
Really 3 years?

Sucks how they don't make Bluetooth mouse like this with 3 year battery life
If you're seeing this message, it means I cared enough to downvote or felt the need to upvote. Either way you get a👎/ 👍 so be grateful that your thread is being bumped
Aug 2, 2016
386 posts
441 upvotes
skwan wrote: Really 3 years?

I always just use old batteries that otherwise wouldn’t be strong enough to power a remote control, toothbrush, etc. Trying to reduce waste so I don’t mind changing every 6 months.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 19, 2017
5273 posts
3736 upvotes
Vancouver
skwan wrote: Really 3 years?

M720 has good battery life and you can replace the AA battery pretty easily. It last for months on rechargeable (it says 2 years but I doubt it will actually last that long).
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2019
1065 posts
1028 upvotes
I love my 720. It's one of the best Logi mice I owned. Great feel in the hand. Fits my hand like a glove and it's the "Goldilocks" size for me. Great wheel with both traditional clicky wheel or free wheel. Long battery life and I never turn off my mouse. Multiple connection profiles so you can connect it to 3 devices with built-in Bluetooth which I rarely use. I can't even remember when I changed my battery and it uses only 1 AA battery. Can't go wrong with a 720 as a productivity, everyday mouse.
Why settle for full retail price when you can wait and get it at a lower price for better value (even better if there's a bundled freebies deal)? 😉
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2013
1004 posts
1072 upvotes
Careful. These use the old micro switches which leads to the famous double click problem. Had two of these. Both replaced under warranty. Both failed again with same problem within a year.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4560 posts
1978 upvotes
GVRD
saudor wrote: Careful. These use the old micro switches which leads to the famous double click problem. Had two of these. Both replaced under warranty. Both failed again with same problem within a year.
Do the newer models use some other type?
May 7, 2019
85 posts
136 upvotes
happygouki wrote: love this mouse also. the texture finish on the buttons is wearing out though. also i'm not seeing it for the same price?
Was 39.99 at time of my post.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2013
1004 posts
1072 upvotes
ciuvak wrote: Do the newer models use some other type?
I haven’t checked but I imagine they would. THe performance MX also used the same microswitches but they finally changed with the master
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4521 posts
999 upvotes
Toronto
kobaja wrote: Might as well get the M720 for the same price, unless the M705 would have some sort of benefit over the M720 that I am unaware of: https://www.amazon.ca/Logitech-Triathal ... 9baa1ee7f7
Yup. Having owned both, the m720 is much better in every conceivable way. And it's also routinely $39 on sale too. Frankly I don't know why they still sell the m705.