[Amazon.ca] Lowest Price: Elegoo Mars UV 3D Printer $259.99
- Deal Link:
- 30$ off
Very good little 3D printer, with the Saturn soon to be available to everyone, Elegoo seems to be liquidating their stocks. You can't go wrong at that price.
If you want to hold for a Saturn (I just received mine) is awesome but will be more expensive than this (price not announced yet, got mine preordered for 500$US (incl. shipping).
By judging the 2minutes sold-out speed, they might try to milk the market first and I wouldn't be surprised seeing a 899-999$ price tag unless Anycubic ships at the same time and they get into a price war.
Why go for this 260$ printer?
- Experiment without breaking your wallet and see if resin printing is for you (its messy but rewarding )
- Replacement parts are cheap and available
- Well made machine with good results
- you are not OCD on specs sheets and a 5.5" surface is good enough for your use case
- Resolution on that printer will beat any FDM out there.
Why wait for a Saturn?
- Amazing build quality (i.e. dual rails, not a crappy wobbling mechanism) especially for the price.
- crazy resolution (I never thought I would see something LCD-based that would upset my in-house design for miniatures production ( I am focussing a 2K projector on a 1-2cm surface for absolute resolution (call it over-engineering with no real commercial value other than bragging rights) - the 4K panel is balancing resolution vs. surface /volume vs. speed perfectly).
- I was under the impression that a 4K LCD wouldn't feel 4K due to diffraction but that's not the case here. It delivers.
- Bigger build volume (X Y and Z)
- Monochrome LCD : 2-2.5s per layers! its sooo "fast" (still a few hours but not 24hrs for a full volume print).